I want my 401k money now!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
And this is honestly the problem for most people. This was me about 8 months ago.

The Basics of Blockchain Technology, Explained in Plain English
1FDE7B47-5529-4130-A3E5-35E4A00A9BE3.gif

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Few points I can't take even remotely serious. Crypto is a fad and it'll be regulated and fail.

You know regulation is a good thing in the long run right? It legitimizes the product.

The internet was a fad too.

Yes investing in quality stocks over a long career will increase your wealth and that's great but you're never gonna hit it big.

All it is is risk aversion. Some are willing to take that 5k and put it into crypto because in 3 months it could be 50k. It doesn't make them dumb. Just means they are willing to take more risk.

Regulation is destroying the fun of cannabis buying. All those "shady deals," finding bags in mailboxes and leaving envelopes of cash. Trying to hide the fact you're baked.
And how do you not hit it big in the stock. I bought $1000 in Ford. I made $7000. All I did was sign some checks. People who bought Amazon in the early 2000s, 5 shares at $20, can now sell for $7500+.

The Driver

I drive.
You sure about that? 1000% return is 1000% return. Doesn't matter if it happens over 30 years or 3.

Regression to the mean. You think Faceplanted is some kind of Buffett in a brown uniform? Really?

You think this truck driver can outsmart the market for 10 more years making the kinds of reckless bets he's making? I don't believe he can or will. That's me.

Regression to the mean. You think Faceplanted is some kind of Buffett in a brown uniform? Really?

You think this truck driver can outsmart the market for 10 more years making the kinds of reckless bets he's making? I don't believe he can or will. That's me.
The 401k seems to work for the undisciplined who can’t save on there own. The 401K law is a scam. There are better places to put your retirement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The 401k seems to work for the undisciplined who can’t save on there own. The 401K law is a scam. There are better places to put your retirement.

Pensions were designed to force the undisciplined to save.

401k’s are a step in the right direction but you are right in that there are better places to put your retirement.

Faceplanted

Stay poor

Enjoy wage cucking till your 55.

The state of browncafe; I don’t understand crypto.... so it’s stupid.

Honestly the most ignorant close minded way to approach somethin. Don’t have opinions If you don’t understand the fundamentals of the thing you are trying to dismiss. Know it alls who know nothing

Anybody willing to make a wager to see who does better stock market vs cryro at the end of the year? I’m a man of my word and I’ll pay up if I loose and admit I’m an idiot. Any takers?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Bitcoin up 600% over the last year. Litecoin up 950% etherum up 1200%

You don't have to beat the market for 10 years.

You can get one bet right for a year and beat the market for the rest of your life.

It's a risk but it's a risk worth taking for some.

Re-Raise

Stay poor

Honestly the most ignorant close minded way to approach somethin. Don’t have opinions If you don’t understand the fundamentals of the thing you are trying to dismiss. Know it alls who know nothing

Anybody willing to make a wager to see who does better stock market vs cryro at the end of the year? I’m a man of my word and I’ll pay up if I loose and admit I’m an idiot. Any takers?
I have a pretty good idea where Brownslave lives and works and it isn't too far from me. I have no problem letting him hold a couple grand for this bet kid. Remember that I am a "wage cuckling" millionaire so make it worth my while.

Re-Raise

I assume you are going to pick an exact date and one particular crypto going forward from right now. It is easy to pick a random day in the past and look at gains in retrospect. I don't trust you at all to actually have any money to bet with, but I have gambled a lot more on a lot less. The cash must be in his hands before we start the bet. I get to ride the SP 500 index and I get to pick the time frame going forward.

so as the title states, what is the process to withdraw my 401k/Roth ira and is it even possible?

before the “it’s a bad idea” I already have other investments, and I have absolutely 0 debt besides homes that all have over 50% equity

I don’t care about penalties or taxes. Is it possible?

Like I said I’m not trying to get a loan, I want all my damn money out now. I can get way better returns than the stupid 5-10% I have been getting. Thanks in advanced!!!!
You can withdraw your contributions from a ROTH IRA tax free. We do not have that option with our 401k, Roth or pre-tax.
If you need the money that bad , quit contributioning to your 401k and use the cash to buy whatever crazy investment you want to.

Our 401k plan is a little bit strict compared to some others, but I think that's a good thing.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Stay poor

You are wanting to take the bet on which side sir.

The Driver

I drive.
Pensions were designed to force the undisciplined to save.

401k’s are a step in the right direction but you are right in that there are better places to put your retirement.

Like what? If you say real estate or something then I might agree. If you say "cryptos" or single stocks then I might disagree.