I want my 401k money now!!!

purehavanne

I changed my contribution to 0% few months back and bought a rental condo. I plan to buy a property every year for the rest of my working years. For the financially literate/savvy, 401k is a horrible investment. Who the hell wants to wait till their 60’s to access their own money? Only eliminate your retirement account if you have DISCIPLINE!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a driver withdraw $120K or so to buy a vacation home. She forgot to plan for the tax hit------she told me that she was doing her taxes over the weekend and was shocked when she learned that has to pay an additional $20K in tax.

I made a similar but smaller mistake last year. I withdrew $6K from my Roth IRA to pay off my son's credit cards and totally forgot about the tax implications, which came out to about $2K combined for state and federal.
#daveramsey

Faceplanted

I changed my contribution to 0% few months back and bought a rental condo. I plan to buy a property every year for the rest of my working years. For the financially literate/savvy, 401k is a horrible investment. Who the hell wants to wait till their 60’s to access their own money? Only eliminate your retirement account if you have DISCIPLINE!
My wife and I own a couple rental properties

There are some cities such as Vegas where a townhouse right off the strip can give you huge returns via Airbnb. A friend of mine bought one a couple years ago and has a management company that specializes in Airbnb to takes care of it. Easy money.

But hey, let these boomers depend on their 401k and wait till their 60.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who wouldn't want a free bail out? Lol
Much more satisfying doing it on my own.

Wife and moved in together at 19 and 21. Did we wish we had more help at times? You bet. Mostly I thought her dad should be helping some with her school instead of buying airplanes.

But paying off that 6 figure student loan debt and being worth about a million dollars in our mid 30's all on our own makes it seem like that much more of an accomplishment

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
so as the title states, what is the process to withdraw my 401k/Roth ira and is it even possible?

before the “it’s a bad idea” I already have other investments, and I have absolutely 0 debt besides homes that all have over 50% equity

I don’t care about penalties or taxes. Is it possible?

Like I said I’m not trying to get a loan, I want all my damn money out now. I can get way better returns than the stupid 5-10% I have been getting. Thanks in advanced!!!!
Bitcoin is a bad idea!

Faceplanted

Just got off the phone they said I can’t withdraw. Wtf? Are they bsing me?

I have a Roth 401k
And I have a regular 401k

I thought I could take out my Roth 401k... can i not?

401k (s and p 500) opinion have been my worst investment over the last 25 years. The scam is the limited rollover options. Take it out of one scam and put it in another.

Faceplanted

It’s a scam. The whole 401k law is.
So can I not withdraw my Roth 401k? I already paid taxes on it.

I’m assuming they make it hard to withdraw as the stock market is basically being propped up by this bs

Gonna call a little later and talk to somebody else.