IBT MASTER PROPOSAL

rudy5150

Would full timers be willing to give up raises in the 1st year of the new contract to help part timers get a substantial raise?
After reading many comments on this forum i cant figure out if full timers main concern is the economic part of next contract or harassment language, managment working, and other contract loopholes in current contract. Thoughts?

Would full timers be willing to give up raises in the 1st year of the new contract to help part timers get a substantial raise?
After reading many comments on this forum i cant figure out if full timers main concern is the economic part of next contract or harassment language, managment working, and other contract loopholes in current contract. Thoughts?
I'm not giving up crap. The economic part isn't as much of a concern as it is for the part timers. Contract language and pension issues are a hot button for us.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I would.

PT wages here are 11.50 I believe. I would give up raises for Maximum contributions to pension, and retiree healthcare.

ski or die

Ski or Die
hows supervision treating you
Sorry, I am a retired Steward. Gave my 30 years and I am sure I am on the DO NOT REHIRE LIST. I wasn't managements favorite steward to deal with. And in case you are not aware of who Earnest T. Bass was, he was the little guy that kept getting mad at Andy and Barney and running around town throwing rocks at windows. Not saying its right, but I agree with you. I sat right in front of the gate in 97 with my brothers and harassed every truck in and out of the gate.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Sorry, I am a retired Steward. Gave my 30 years and I am sure I am on the DO NOT REHIRE LIST. I wasn't managements favorite steward to deal with. And in case you are not aware of who Earnest T. Bass was, he was the little guy that kept getting mad at Andy and Barney and running around town throwing rocks at windows. Not saying its right, but I agree with you. I sat right in front of the gate in 97 with my brothers and harassed every truck in and out of the gate.
i was not employed with ups in 97, but i figured you were talking about earnest, from earnest goes to camp etc..

Tony Q

Trying to explain to the majority that they wouldn't get a raise because the part-timers are going to get it will fall on def ears. How would you go about explaining to people making 36 dollars an hour that they aren't going to get a raise for two years to catch up the part-timers? all the while UPS will be making 5 billion with another billion allegedly coming with the new Trump tax plan. If you can do this I'd love to see how.

cachmeifucan

At cach in 705 not sure about other locals or even other buildings in my local but the main issue is more combo jobs 22.3. But this peak season ups was offering new hires 100 to 200 a week bonus if u show up on Time every day for the week from Sept to January 20th. So they were actually making more than people with 9 years. 200$÷ by roughly 25 hours equals get ready 8 more dollars a hour on a separate Check the starting paying is around 10.10. Now I'm sure my union is on top of it.

wide load

Trying to explain to the majority that they wouldn't get a raise because the part-timers are going to get it will fall on def ears. How would you go about explaining to people making 36 dollars an hour that they aren't going to get a raise for two years to catch up the part-timers? all the while UPS will be making 5 billion with another billion allegedly coming with the new Trump tax plan. If you can do this I'd love to see how.
I’ll forgo my first year raise for part timers. But I’ll take $2 a year for the remaining 4. Simple

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Hired in part time over 40 years ago, starting pay rate of 5.50 per hour, at that time it was twice the state minimum pay rate of 2 dollars. You should be asking why you are not getting 20 dollars per hour starting rate today. It is not a full time/part time issue. A standard of dollar, dollar and dollar on a three year contract in the eighties was common, that was when a dollar bought more. The split raises over the last two contracts was a concession equal to the “82” two tier bonus contract. Once you get bad language in a contract it tends to stay. Minimum rate by 2020 will be around 15 dollars per hour anyway. The starting part time rate will go up one way or another.

wide load

Another give back?
Not so much a giveback as it is an agreement. We always go for 3 years, they go for 7. We meet in the middle. Like beards, heated mirrors and socks. Honestly, socks? Give me my MF raise and I’ll buy my own socks. I don’t want to eat economic bs for beards and socks. But that’s just me.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I would tell you to politely :censored2:. Especially if you are one of the POS preloaders that can’t load even if you life and you mothers life depended on it. You want more money? Lmao. Quit throwing it in the middle of the truck then. At my building, preloaders are either blind or completely stupid, so no, I won’t give you more money from my pay. Come to meeting or two, get organized with us, then we’ll talk.

Not so much a giveback as it is an agreement. We always go for 3 years, they go for 7. We meet in the middle. Like beards, heated mirrors and socks. Honestly, socks? Give me my MF raise and I’ll buy my own socks. I don’t want to eat economic bs for beards and socks. But that’s just me.
5 years is too long with all of the changes. Saturday ground ring a bell?

saintrick

I would tell you to politely :censored2:. Especially if you are one of the POS preloaders that can’t load even if you life and you mothers life depended on it. You want more money? Lmao. Quit throwing it in the middle of the truck then. At my building, preloaders are either blind or completely stupid, so no, I won’t give you more money from my pay. Come to meeting or two, get organized with us, then we’ll talk.

you get what you pay for