IBT MASTER PROPOSAL

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Proposal highlights for package...
-9 P.M. curfew year round.
-Opt in for excessive OT...Under 9.5 is the default. $1 an hour more to opt for overtime, 4-40 hour penalty pay.
-Surepost gone.
-No drones
-Safety committee...no access to HR records
Over 70s handled by other drivers.
-Better winter tires

I guess pensions were not important enough to mention in the first proposal? But free socks were? Or we are just skipping most of the monetary stuff till after language on other issues is worked out?
You forgot package center manager must be on premises until last driver is done. Best one

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I
Only reason I work here is for the money and OT. I want anything that limits hours to be strictly opt in. 9PM curfew is BS, imho. You guys who don't want OT are welcome to opt in for a 9pm curfew. Don't get in the way of us who want money.
its all yours, go get em.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Only reason I work here is for the money and OT. I want anything that limits hours to be strictly opt in. 9PM curfew is BS, imho. You guys who don't want OT are welcome to opt in for a 9pm curfew. Don't get in the way of us who want money.

I think the proposed wording was that the company couldn't require employees to deliver or pick up after 9, or that it couldn't discipline employees for refusing to do so. If that goes through as is you could elect to work after 9 if you chose. If the 9.5 language goes through you could probably work 12 hour days every day if you wanted and get an extra buck an hour while doing it. That's going to be me at least 5 months a year.

Boston25

I'm happy with the proposals. I have to admit I laughed my A* off when I saw the center manager language. Happy to see the sure post language removed. It won't happen but it can be used as a bargaining chip. :)

I'm also very happy that the union got this out to everyone with the ups rising app. People that rarely ever talk about contract stuff were today in my center. People seem excited and not left out for once in my building.

Now let's see how well our union can negotiate now that we see what's on the table.

We can thank SO for the idea of the mobile app

Boston25

Proposal highlights for package...
-9 P.M. curfew year round.
-Opt in for excessive OT...Under 9.5 is the default. $1 an hour more to opt for overtime, 4-40 hour penalty pay.
-Surepost gone.
-No drones
-Safety committee...no access to HR records
Over 70s handled by other drivers.
-Better winter tires

I guess pensions were not important enough to mention in the first proposal? But free socks were? Or we are just skipping most of the monetary stuff till after language on other issues is worked out?

They do the economic proposals later.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What time was tee off?
giphy.gif

Boston25

There is a lot of good language. Especially in Article 18. Making a route for over 70's on a 24' is great. I feel like the 9.5 language should change to once your at 9 hours you bring it in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is a lot of good language. Especially in Article 18. Making a route for over 70's on a 24' is great. I feel like the 9.5 language should change to once your at 9 hours you bring it in.
No way that would work. OT is a part of this job. Always has been.

As much as I like the 9.5 proposal I like the 9pm one more. Puts it in ups court to adjust start times to get as much work as possible out of us.

F

Frankie's Friend

No way that would work. OT is a part of this job. Always has been.

As much as I like the 9.5 proposal I like the 9pm one more. Puts it in ups court to adjust start times to get as much work as possible out of us.
And when a 24 yr old truck breaks down at 19:45 itll make it entertaning getting all the routes that are sent to bale it out in by 2100