IBT MASTER PROPOSAL

F

Frankie's Friend

I dont know what theyre thinking but putting a lift gate on a strait truck is just asking for trouble. Ups freight should be outraged at that proposol

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I dont know what theyre thinking but putting a lift gate on a strait truck is just asking for trouble. Ups freight should be outraged at that proposol

Who would want to run irregs out of a box truck without a lift gate? I ran a van route for almost a year using a UPS truck and then a Penske rental with lift gate. Life was much easier with the lift gate!

Some days I wouldn't even use it because most of the deliveries had docks, but it sucks and is unsafe having to climb into a box truck from the ground numerous times a day, especially in bad weather.

Take 20 cases of paper or books to the front office of a school and the lift gate will cut the amount of work you actually do by at least 50%.

F

Frankie's Friend

Who would want to run irregs out of a box truck without a lift gate? I ran a van route for almost a year using a UPS truck and then a Penske rental with lift gate. Life was much easier with the lift gate!

Some days I wouldn't even use it because most of the deliveries had docks, but it sucks and is unsafe having to climb into a box truck from the ground numerous times a day, especially in bad weather.

Take 20 cases of paper or books to the front office of a school and the lift gate will cut the amount of work you actually do by at least 50%.
Art 44 sect 1 proposol says two drivers per truck route. I get what u say but mark my words theyll morf that into ltl 150+ lb pkgs in do time. It is a given.
Btw 20 cases of books or paper is not ov 70 items. The proposol doesnt allow thst freight

Boston25

No way that would work. OT is a part of this job. Always has been.

As much as I like the 9.5 proposal I like the 9pm one more. Puts it in ups court to adjust start times to get as much work as possible out of us.

True I like the proposal for 9.5 but I feel like there should be something added

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Art 44 sect 1 proposol says two drivers per truck route. I get what u say but mark my words theyll morf that into ltl 150+ lb pkgs in do time. It is a given.
Btw 20 cases of books or paper is not ov 70 items. The proposol doesnt allow thst freight

I haven't read through all of the proposal but to me it would make sense to add some of the crappy bulk stops on to this type of route.

Either way this would be a huge positive for package car drivers, IMO.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I haven't read through all of the proposal but to me it would make sense to add some of the crappy bulk stops on to this type of route.

Either way this would be a huge positive for package car drivers, IMO.
Basically routes created just for these packages. Two drives in a straight truck with a lift gate.

We can officially be overpaid furniture movers

opie

Decent tires!!
Yeah, sounds like they will have to put snow tires on the package cars in snowy areas, notably rural routes. And no more retreads.

All tires shall be approved by the safety and climatic conditions committees for each Local Union.
The Employer shall inspect all tires for proper tread wear and traction in the winter months.
The Employer shall install aggressive rear tires on all package cars during winter months.
The Employer shall install winter steer tread tires for all rural package cars on routes that have
roads with more than 15% grade or that have winter conditions more than four (4) months a year.
No recap tires on package cars