If this company was employee owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DS

Fenderbender
If you go into the other non delivery screen and choose other,
a whole whack of options come up,strike,funeral,etc...maybe they could just add
in the real reason....Overdispatched

Catatonic

Nine Lives
1) Wow. You do know that there is an option called "emergency conditions" for recording the non delivery of a package by the driver on a UPS delivery route?

2) Feel free to stop me when you feel the lies begin....

3) Managers are instructing drivers to use this option for reasons that many drivers feel aren't emergency conditions and are short changing our customers.

4) All of this is true in my reality of UPS.

1) I have not used a DIAD since the '97 strike.

2) I'm never sure

3) My assumption is that the use of ECON is monitored closely through a systemic process and any deviation from the normal usage pattern will cause an exception report to be generated.
And besides, some stupid IE in a cubicle in Corporate is telling the center management to use ECON. :wink2:

4)Your reality is not my reality.

5) And above all else, if you want me to do something for you, let's discuss payment terms and I will consider.

menotyou

bella amicizia
So by your own admittance, you are aware of the problem and will do nothing to make sure that it gets reported to the proper chain of command?
Remember the rural remote initiative? That got abused as well and I could see Econ going the same route. There is waaaaaay to much gray there to work with.

I think its getting a little too personal here. I highly doubt Hoaxter and P-man are here because UPS is paying them. I believe they come on here because they are genuinely interested in what other people think, b.s. or not.

I understand more that anyone knows how badly one can be treated by certain management employees. I, also, have a pretty damn good idea who those particular bastards are, in my case. No matter how high up.

Now, go play nice.:wink2:

Re-Raise

5) And above all else, if you want me to do something for you, let's discuss payment terms and I will consider.

I have never asked or expected anyone on here to do anything for me. I was just a little surprised at your statement that you believe most of the imformation posted here is bull:censored2:.

I put a lot more faith in the information posted here by the people who are actually doing the jobs every day than I do the information disseminated to me by management at a pcm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hoax, I was also a little surprised at your statement. Think of the people who are members here, especially on the hourly side. What kind of employee is going to come to a company-based Internet forum on his/her own time? Those who want to discuss issues and effect change. Yes, I also take the discussion here with a grain of salt, but there is a lot of content here that is relevant, timely and accurate. Do with it what you will but don't dismiss it as bull:censored2:. Dave.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
There have been a few people on this site that I have had personal contact with. Hoax was one. While he did not figure out a way to totally resolve my problem at the time with UPS, he was most helpful, and did everything possible within his paygrade.

So, while he and I disagree at times, I do consider him a valuable asset to the company.

Also, while not a supervisor over hourly personnel like we are used to, he is management.

Why should he be held to a higher standard than we do others?

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have never asked or expected anyone on here to do anything for me. I was just a little surprised at your statement that you believe most of the imformation posted here is bull:censored2:.

I put a lot more faith in the information posted here by the people who are actually doing the jobs every day than I do the information disseminated to me by management at a pcm.
I might agreed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Hoax, I was also a little surprised at your statement. Think of the people who are members here, especially on the hourly side. What kind of employee is going to come to a company-based Internet forum on his/her own time? Those who want to discuss issues and effect change. Yes, I also take the discussion here with a grain of salt, but there is a lot of content here that is relevant, timely and accurate. Do with it what you will but don't dismiss it as bull:censored2:. Dave.
My comment was made in the context of hourly employees questioning the instructions and decisions of management employees.
Seems like everyday there is a new thread questioning the integrity, intent, or intelligence of management employees.
Those are the type of posts I consider to be mostly BS and in fact referenced "accusations" in my original reply.
I don't have any problems with these posts but it seems ludicrous to think I would report these type of spurious accusations to upper management.

As for the rest of the threads and posts on BC, I come here to read them and enjoy them ... in fact, I enjoy reading the conspiracy, accusatory posts as well. I get quite a few chuckles from what is posted on here and learn a few things and keep a certain feel for the operational side of UPS.

Last edited:

Re-Raise

I am not sure how this became a thread questioning the use of emergency conditions. The only time it was abused at my center was when we were trying to catch up from the monster snow storm at the beginning of February.

They cut routes and sent us out with peak day volume and told us to get as much delivered as we could and EC the rest. We could have easily made service on the packages if they had put enough routes on. It would also have allowed us more time so we could slow down in the dangerous conditions... ( sorry for the crazy talk)

Upsgrunt makes a good point about how management abused the remote delivery initiative in the same way.

upsgrunt

I wasn't trying to accuse anybody of anything. I have just as much stake, sweat equity, blood, and pride in this company as anyone else and was under the impression that we are all a team. I have no problems taking orders from those above me, but it grinds my gears when concerns or ideas from hourly employees are dismissed as trivial, insignificant, or comical simply because they came from the wrong end of the chain of command.
Respectfully,
Steve

UPSSOCKS

I wasn't trying to accuse anybody of anything. I have just as much stake, sweat equity, blood, and pride in this company as anyone else and was under the impression that we are all a team. I have no problems taking orders from those above me, but it grinds my gears when concerns or ideas from hourly employees are dismissed as trivial, insignificant, or comical simply because they came from the wrong end of the chain of command.
Respectfully,
Steve

Maybe we should put a suggestion box in every building for the union folk to express their concerns...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Socks, why limit it to union folk? You dont think front line management also have concerns they wish to express?

d

menotyou

bella amicizia
Maybe we should put a suggestion box in every building for the union folk to express their concerns...
If only you were serious. And actually took the suggestions seriously. And, they were not touched at the local level. All forwarded to Atlanta.

Most people I work with want UPS to succeed, as it is their future as well as yours. I hope Mr. Davis doesn't have any knowledge of the stunts some supervisors in the out-lying centers are pulling.

UPSSOCKS

If only you were serious. And actually took the suggestions seriously. And, they were not touched at the local level. All forwarded to Atlanta.

Most people I work with want UPS to succeed, as it is their future as well as yours. I hope Mr. Davis doesn't have any knowledge of the stunts some supervisors in the out-lying centers are pulling.

Have you read some of the ideas the union folk have? Somebody on here suggested that the union workforce take control of the company. You want ideas like that to be forwarded to Atlanta? That could be a 30-60-90 sentence for someone. I can hear it now "Socks your numbers stink, for the next 90 days I want you to read the Teamster suggestion box."

menotyou

bella amicizia
Have you read some of the ideas the union folk have? Somebody on here suggested that the union workforce take control of the company. You want ideas like that to be forwarded to Atlanta? That could be a 30-60-90 sentence for someone. I can hear it now "Socks your numbers stink, for the next 90 days I want you to read the Teamster suggestion box."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
I know how much you would love that. I would search the posts to find that guy and have him stuff the box just for you!!:winks:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Have you read some of the ideas the union folk have? Somebody on here suggested that the union workforce take control of the company.

Dear Socks, that idea is almost as good as some of the posts you have made. And now you want us to take you seriously?

Best

d