If you get written up multiple times, can you get fired at UPS?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Aside from theft, assault, or something very serious;

the only way to get fired is to file grievances; and possibly win them!

Management will bend and break the contract and it's employees here at UPS. This is nothing new. The deal is, if you make good with your management and bend the rules and "favors", you won't be a target.

Once you stand up for yourself and your rights and what is "correct", then you're just another duck lined up on the pond! and You will likely be fired by the end of the year. management will persue this to the bitter end..

So the double edge sword exists. fly under the radar and bend but don't break for them, or stand up for your rights as a union employee and face the UPS guillotine...

Pick your poison!
I will pick the side of right every time. I could not live with anything else.

That is true, but an employee could get fired for not following the work methods. Usually, a performance problem means a person is not following the proper work methods.

M-
Oh I have to disagree with that. Around our center, using the methods to the letter will prevent you for having the numbers managers love to see. Ya see the numbers have been changed and trimmed down sooo........ oh never mind.

Aside from theft, assault, or something very serious;

the only way to get fired is to file grievances; and possibly win them!

Management will bend and break the contract and it's employees here at UPS. This is nothing new. The deal is, if you make good with your management and bend the rules and "favors", you won't be a target.

Once you stand up for yourself and your rights and what is "correct", then you're just another duck lined up on the pond! and You will likely be fired by the end of the year. management will persue this to the bitter end..

So the double edge sword exists. fly under the radar and bend but don't break for them, or stand up for your rights as a union employee and face the UPS guillotine...

Pick your poison!

dont give them a good reason to fire you and you will always come back

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There's a PT air driver at our center whos been fired 18 or 19 times, still has a job. :biting:

You forgot to mention that the last time he walked off the job, he was seen by a sup. leaving his car running while parked on the street while he walked over to a dropbox, when confronted about it he just walked backed to the local building ( this happened just down the street from the building ), went inside and tried to call 911. Why 911 no one knows.
Latest news is since he likes to take Fridays off another firing is coming.
Oh, he enjoys the status of claiming just how many times he has been canned.
(ps. his day job is driving a bus for the MBTA )

Griff

It's fairly easy to lose your job at UPS, but only if you have a spine. While I'm a die-hard union guy, I'm not stupid enough to ignore the writing on the wall. The relationship between the Teamsters and UPS is very similar to the US government and Big Business. Everyone has their hand out and it gets greased by the cash cows in return for favors and things are no different at UPS. UPS greases the governments hands to get laws passed in their favor and they do the same with the Teamsters only with contracts and hearings.

Simply put, UPS got too big and the Teamsters didn't keep pace. Corporate behemoth versus historic remains of a once great union. I'd love to see it changed and I try to do my part, but I'm only one person.