I'm new to fedex

Purplepackage

Im a fairly new hire to express but just reading these forums I get the idea that you either like the company or despise it based on what station you work at.

At my station of course a lot of people whine and complain but The majority of the guys have been there 20 years and up and even the newest guy before me has been there 6 years.

I guess I just got lucky with my station

dezguy

Im a fairly new hire to express but just reading these forums I get the idea that you either like the company or despise it based on what station you work at.

At my station of course a lot of people whine and complain but The majority of the guys have been there 20 years and up and even the newest guy before me has been there 6 years.

I guess I just got lucky with my station
Give it 2 years, max. Just do your job and try not to step in the bs they try to feed you.

MAKAVELI

True, as long as most of them have been there I find it hard to believe they aren't making substantially more than me though
Believe it. There's two tiers of pay for couriers now. And you will never see that top tier. Ask one of your coworkers for a copy of the raises last year and you will see.

Purplepackage

In courier school for the next 2 days, boy am I glad I got trained by a veteran for 3 weeks, this class is full of so much extra things that would just waste your time and make you have Late pups and deliveries

soc151

In courier school for the next 2 days, boy am I glad I got trained by a veteran for 3 weeks, this class is full of so much extra things that would just waste your time and make you have Late pups and deliveries

Right...but they are showing you the "proper" way of doing things, so they have the ammunition to fire you for not doing it that way later.

Maui

Welcome aboard. It is highly unlikely that you make more than a 6 year employee. It is possible that you make about the same though. Wage progression is non-existent now so be happy with you make as it is unlikely to ever really change.

The pay scale for all positions is posted on the intranet. Keyword: compensation

Purplepackage

The "proper" way to do things adds about 10 unneeded steps to every pup, and just the overwhelmed look on the people's faces who have never been on road is pretty enjoyable

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I remember when I went to CRR school. I had been riding with a vet. swing for about 2 weeks on the exact rte. that I was going to take over (the worst rte. in the bldg., of course).

The trainer made us do a supposed pick up scenario where I acted as the customer getting the pup and the new CRR was coming into my office to get the letter or, whatever.

You should have seen me act, golden globe material, and I let all the newbs have it the way it was gonna be.

l22

The "proper" way to do things adds about 10 unneeded steps to every pup, and just the overwhelmed look on the people's faces who have never been on road is pretty enjoyable

The "proper" way to do things should be the only way to do things as far as any of us are concerned. - following Courier Best Practices. Everything a courier does on their own should be the exact same as when a manager takes a checkride with that courier. And if the manager tries to say something otherwise after the checkride, they are wrong as I was following courier best practices as required by Fedex Express, which is stated in the Courier Best Practices book I was given upon employment. That kind of harassment will potentially lead to litigious action.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The "proper" way to do things should be the only way to do things as far as any of us are concerned. - following Courier Best Practices. Everything a courier does on their own should be the exact same as when a manager takes a checkride with that courier. And if the manager tries to say something otherwise after the checkride, they are wrong as I was following courier best practices as required by Fedex Express, which is stated in the Courier Best Practices book I was given upon employment. That kind of harassment will potentially lead to litigious action.
If you follow those Courier Best Practices out on the road in the real world, you'll get so far behind it ain't funny.

Purplepackage

They over complicate the job for these couriers who haven't had the oppurtunity to ride with a vet courier. I road with a 20 year plus guy who said to me "now when you go to school I want you to come back and tell me who's method is easier mine or there's"

With the things the vet courier taught I was able to make it through my first days out alone with no problem, if I would've attended this class first I would've been a mess.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They over complicate the job for these couriers who haven't had the oppurtunity to ride with a vet courier. I road with a 20 year plus guy who said to me "now when you go to school I want you to come back and tell me who's method is easier mine or there's"

With the things the vet courier taught I was able to make it through my first days out alone with no problem, if I would've attended this class first I would've been a mess.

They actually tried sending couriers to school before letting them go on road. That was a total disaster. Didn't last long.