I'm new to fedex

MassWineGuy

I guess I just got lucky with my station

That's how I feel. Another Express driver working somewhere else also told me that my station was known as a good one.

For all those who spend their time belly aching about how bad their job is: Quit or transfer somewhere else. You're not obligated to stay somewhere that you dislike. Just do something, instead of shoveling it all at us.

dezguy

That's how I feel. Another Express driver working somewhere else also told me that my station was known as a good one.

For all those who spend their time belly aching about how bad their job is: Quit or transfer somewhere else. You're not obligated to stay somewhere that you dislike. Just do something, instead of shoveling it all at us.
Who are you to tell people to quit or transfer? I'm not transferring as all my family live within driving distance of where I work. I started a family in my sta city, I'm not about to up uproot my kids and move to another sta which could be just as bad or worse than the one I'm at now.

How would you feel if I told you to stop posting here? You obviously don't like the vibe. Maybe something like iamfedex.com would be more your pace.

MassWineGuy

Please tell me to stop posting here. It won't happen, but you can say it.

I'll stop telling you to transfer when you quit your whiney bellyaching.

Deal?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Again, WHY do you continue coming here if you can't deal with all the "shoveling"?....methinks you must actually enjoy it.

As has been previously pointed out, there is already a "ra-ra - GO Purple Team!" site in existence for you 'gruntled' types. No need for another, now is there?

The last thing I ever want is to come in here and read folks like MFE, Cactus, Hypo Hannah, Op Needs, et al going on about what a pleasant day they had at work and how Purple Proud they are and such. I'd be looking around for Rod Serling fer hevvinsake.

Geeez, why can't you just let us have our fun? :(

MassWineGuy

You would think a journalist would have more respect for the First Amendment. Oh wait, your not a journalist. I forgot!

LOL. Sticks and stones my esteemed friend. I guess all those years I spent as a reporter were just preparing me for my current job.

I have the highest regard for the 1st Amendment, but once you've heard the same thing 10 million times, it's old news.

MassWineGuy

[QUOTE="Route 66, post: 1501589, member: 40816"
Geeez, why can't you just let us have our fun? :([/QUOTE]

Fun? If that's fun, continue by all means. So far I like my job. Maybe that will change sometime. But the broken record that you insistently keep playing takes up precious band width that could otherwise be used for ads.

dezguy

Fun? If that's fun, continue by all means. So far I like my job. Maybe that will change sometime. But the broken record that you insistently keep playing takes up precious band width that could otherwise be used for ads.
Well if you like your job, surely that means everyone else who works for FedEx should, right? I liked my job too, when I first started but all the B.S. those of us have been through who have been here any amount of time eventually wears on you.

If I were you, I'd get used to the "bellyaching" because I'm not going anywhere and I doubt many others are about to leave just so you can have your FedEx forum utopia.

vantexan

"Precious bandwidth?" You are old, aren't you? People bellyache here because they HAVE been with FedEx a long time and know what they're talking about. I've mentioned before that I think the topped out people have a decent enough deal, but our midrange people are getting screwed big time. You most likely won't ever be in the position of working 15+ years and aren't even halfway through the pay range. You haven't been in the position of being told you'll top out in 7 to 8 years then soon realize it was all a lie. You haven't had them send you nice glossy material every year telling you what you're projected to get on your pension if you stick with them and then have said pension terminated. You haven't gone more than 4 years without a raise, with the CEO telling the topped out couriers if they got a 2% raise it would cost the company $30 million a year that they couldn't afford, and then that same month they're telling Wall Street for the first time they had a $250 million profit in one quarter. And frankly, if you're part-time, you haven't experienced the back breaking FT heavy routes that many of us old timers have. FedEx getting criticized? Go through 15-30 years of lies and manipulations and you'll most likely be critical too. With all due respect you're a Johnny-come-lately who doesn't know what he's talking about.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Jesus. You've worked here for 5 minutes, and now you're up on your pulpit telling us all to happily continue taking it in the ass.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Fun? If that's fun, continue by all means. So far I like my job. Maybe that will change sometime. But the broken record that you insistently keep playing takes up precious band width that could otherwise be used for ads.[/QUOTE]

Hey Mr. Pep Squad. Please be assured that you will be screwed-over by this company in short order. You might be still experiencing that honeymoon glow, but soon enough, you'll discover your "husband" is drunken vehicular murderer who is banging his secretary.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member

Now that is some funny S#IT right there!
:rofl:

MassWineGuy

I'll keep you posted, Mr. FedEx, along with the rest of you fine human beings. BTW, there's nothing wrong with banging the secretary.

Myabe my perspective differs from most of yours because I'm not in it for fulltime work for the next 20 years. Five hours a day is fine with me. If I can continue until I'm in my mid-sixties that would be ok. If not, it wont be the end of the world.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'll keep you posted, Mr. FedEx, along with the rest of you fine human beings. BTW, there's nothing wrong with banging the secretary.

Myabe my perspective differs from most of yours because I'm not in it for fulltime work for the next 20 years. Five hours a day is fine with me. If I can continue until I'm in my mid-sixties that would be ok. If not, it wont be the end of the world.

Wonderful. Keep us posted with your expert observations.

MassWineGuy

How am I or you an expert/not an expert? It's a matter of how each of us feels about the job and the company. I feel pretty good so far and you hate it. Must take a lot of very specialized training and education to attain that. Did you even graduate high school?

MassWineGuy

"Precious bandwidth?" You are old, aren't you? People bellyache here because they HAVE been with FedEx a long time and know what they're talking about .... And frankly, if you're part-time, you haven't experienced the back breaking FT heavy routes that many of us old timers have. FedEx getting criticized?

I'm not dependent on a FedEx pension, nor do I really care about topping out in pay, though it would be nice. But I do know the workload of fulltime staff and that's why I work part time. I don't like getting up very early in the morning and dont want to do this 40 hours a week. Fulltime or not, UPS drivers work much, much harder than we do. Maybe that's why I don't think it's so hard.

MAKAVELI

I'm not dependent on a FedEx pension, nor do I really care about topping out in pay, though it would be nice. But I do know the workload of fulltime staff and that's why I work part time. I don't like getting up very early in the morning and dont want to do this 40 hours a week. Fulltime or not, UPS drivers work much, much harder than we do. Maybe that's why I don't think it's so hard.
Do you work the am or pm sorts?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How am I or you an expert/not an expert? It's a matter of how each of us feels about the job and the company. I feel pretty good so far and you hate it. Must take a lot of very specialized training and education to attain that. Did you even graduate high school?

I'd be willing to bet my education far surpasses yours, both academically and in the real world.