I'm new to fedex

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
if the manager tries to say something otherwise after the checkride, they are wrong as I was following courier best practices as required by Fedex Express, which is stated in the Courier Best Practices book I was given upon employment.

I've never, in my life, seen this book.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you follow those Courier Best Practices out on the road in the real world, you'll get so far behind it ain't funny.

That's only if you haven't used them in so long that you can't even remember what they are. A competent courier can use CBP and make goal. If you start out using them, you will be fine and they will be second nature. A courier who doesn't use them because they "take too much time" is a slacker.

MAKAVELI

That's only if you haven't used them in so long that you can't even remember what they are. A competent courier can use CBP and make goal. If you start out using them, you will be fine and they will be second nature. A courier who doesn't use them because they "take too much time" is a slacker.
Management is so concerned about safety and best practices, yet doesn't conduct check rides anymore. Goals are arbitrarily set with no concern for best practices.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Tell MT3 he's sadly mistaken. Oh and you're a sad mistake.

vantexan

Years ago a mgr insisted on a checkride that I write down my stops in order. I pointed out I already had lined the pkgs up in order and only had to look at the next one at each stop and usually could think of the next 3 or 4 stops. He made me prove that which I did. It's been my experience that most mgrs weren't good couriers, many hate courier work. A competent courier will use CBP as a guideline but also will develop his own methods. I've yet to meet a mgr that I couldn't outperform on the road. Sure there are some, but us slackers who chose to remain couriers rather than answer the noble call of mismanagement demonstrate repeatedly that management would be lost without us.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Well if you've never seen the courier best practices book you don't know what you're missing.
I bet.
I suggest asking for one. It states that using all of the practices listed are required to be used always by every Fedex Express courier. WAD and nothing else as far as I'm concerned.
Nah, I'd rather be able to say that "I've never been given this book" when I'm in court.
Management is so concerned about safety and best practices, yet doesn't conduct check rides anymore. Goals are arbitrarily set with no concern for best practices.
Ding ding ding, I haven't had a check ride in, oh, I dunno, 3 yrs. I think.

Dano, do you need my managers name and sta. ID?