I'm newww lol

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the Brown Cafe, LuciLu. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself and what you do?

LuciLu

ooo I get a response , I hope I'm doing this right !! lol

Im 24 I've been with UPS for 4 years I work at the Tamworth HUb in UK on the SLA team , and I wanna get out of the UK ...proving pretty difficult at the mo though :(

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
i am new here too. just joined today. someone was nice enough to tell me how to start a new thread, or topic, but i don't see anything in the upper left corner. so i will piggy back on your "i'm new post" hope that's ok?

in 2004 my 18 year position with UPS was downsized. I was fresh out of high school when i started working for UPS, i spent more the half my life working there (up to that point in my life). i loved my job. i loved my UPS family. i miss the job and people very much. during my employment i was mostly in our district office, with a very short time in operations.

ups is not the same company it was when i first started working there. there was much change in my 18 years. when i started working there i was in the cstc. we didn't have computers and everything was hand written. p/u orders, cod tags, complaints. we had declared value and not insurance. drivers had clip boarda and paper, not DIAD's.

i grew up with UPS. i will always be "brown" even though i am no longer there. and even though i think the company has taken a wrong turn with the way thing are run. but we no longer a company owned by it's employees. that IPO, changed things. we now have share holders to answer to.

i am still in close contact with my UPS family, but i truley miss going to work there everyday, the comerodery(sp).

i pray for each UPS'er everyday that they are able to keep their jobs. that the downsizing stops. no one will care about the company more then an actual employee.

peace to all of you, and a very happy holiday season, and an easy peak to all.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i am new here too. just joined today. someone was nice enough to tell me how to start a new thread, or topic, but i don't see anything in the upper left corner. so i will piggy back on your "i'm new post" hope that's ok?

Welcome to Browncafe.
To start a thread this is what you do:
Click on the “Brown Café Forum” in the left navigation menu.
Then click on one of the forums – typically “UPS Discussions”
That then brings up a listing of Threads within that Forum
Look up just over the words “Threads in Forum” and you will see a button titled “New Thread”
Enter a Title and then type your verbiage.
Then click on the Submit Reply button.

Success ... you have started a new thread.

REDD1127

Rev Redd
ooo I get a response , I hope I'm doing this right !! lol

Im 24 I've been with UPS for 4 years I work at the Tamworth HUb in UK on the SLA team , and I wanna get out of the UK ...proving pretty difficult at the mo though :(

I been with UPS in Dallas for 28 years!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
According to the rags, the first lady will live in the Dallas house and George will live in the Crawford house. They are only together 'til his term is over. At least that's the gossip. Supposedly he broke his no drinking promise he had made to her.

rod

Retired 22 years
According to the rags, the first lady will live in the Dallas house and George will live in the Crawford house. They are only together 'til his term is over. At least that's the gossip. Supposedly he broke his no drinking promise he had made to her.

"W" has a drinking problem? Well now that certainly clears up a few questions I've had about him. I always thought he was on drugs:surprised: