I'm so sick of the Harassment and take away's

SmithBarney

Times have changed. You're no longer going to get fired for not making goal. You're no longer going to get fired, in most cases, for service failures. What's the problem?

Really, our entire work group was openly threatened by our Ops and SM regarding "making numbers" right after she bumped all the numbers up.. more than half of the work group is running 80% or less...

l22

Here's what I think the criteria should be coming from my station where we have 2 employees who should've been canned A very long time ago.

If you are hired as a courier but you cannot do the job of a courier you should be let go. If you are brought in to do a morning sort, then come back to do the evening re load and DG audit then in my opinion you are being hidden because management doesn't want to deal with you anymore.

18 year courier is so bad that even during Christmas and I kid you not, this guy does not get even a rental van to help out. He runs the easiest pup route In the station and still can't do it, he literally has a folder of OLCCs. Do you know why he hasn't been canned, Affirmitave Action is my only guess

My problem with your criteria is that far too many couriers do NOT do the job correctly, yet are kept on because they cheat and have good numbers as the result of constant speeding, running, and falsifying. This is because of both management intimidation as well as the courier's lack of awareness of policy. If couriers would only take the time to familiarize themselves with policy, they would realize that what managers say about gaps and lates is BS and that as a courier, you should never run or speed, for both your sake and that of the company, even if it means lates, or in your terms, makes a person a bad courier. Any good manager will know these things.

From my time with the company, I have always been told "safety above all." The reality is that "safety above all" means obeying the rules of the road and using the proper methods - which includes no running and making every customer experience "outstanding."This reality often ends up resulting in lates and gaps. If the majority of couriers abided by safety above all, they would probably be like the 18 year courier you mentioned - who is smart, by the way. For you and many other couriers to say that a courier cannot do the job because they are slow and have lates is ridiculous. Why do you even care about that? This isn't Top Gun, buddy. Sounds like you have been drinking the kool-aid. We should all be focusing more on safety.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Still havent figured out why Fedex wont organize n go union like us at Brown. People need to grow a set and quit playing around if they want job security, better pay and better benefits.

We're going to do exactly that - just as soon as we finish building this bridge to the Moon.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I notice you chose to ignore my first question, "By what criteria does the company measure poor performance to the point they're willing to terminate an employee and risk a lawsuit?" and instead answered the second question by throwing it back on employees. At some point when two sides are entrenched in their thinking one side has to be willing to change course if they expect things to get better. In this case that should be management since they are the ones calling the shots.

Didn't ignore; wasn't paying attention. To the question in question, the proper answer would be consistent failure to make production and/or service goals. Other than conduct issues (stealing, falsification, etc.), that would be the easiest way to fire someone.

As for the second question, it's not throwing it back onto the employees. It's throwing it onto management. If a courier can't make the goal/service, his manager should ask him what the issue is. The courier should be able to tell him what it is, or at least what he perceives it to be. At that point a good manager will ask him "What do you need from me to be able to remedy that" and the two would follow the process from there.

In agree with you regarding hiring the right people but FedEx isn't making it easy to attract and retain quality employees, are they?

Not particularly.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's funny how Dano is using the lack of the basic skills test as the excuse for not being able to hire the right people.

I said that it's harder to hire the right people without the BST, just like it's harder to attract good BC contributors without making them pass a reading comprehension test.

Dano wants to deflect and defend the piss poor management that runs this company. Dano, you are getting exactly what you and management put forth. A big heaping pile of crap. If management wants change, they need to only look in the mirror.

Every lousy courier blames management.