I'm tired of the harassment from my Full-Time Supervisor!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
First off, I'm a Pre-Loader of 3 years, It'll be 4 this August. Also, I'm on the Safety Committee, I have NO attendance problem, I do my best, and I go home.

I've been dealing with harassment from a Full-Time Supervisor for quite some time. By quite some time, I mean the first experience was in 2015. I went to HR and complained about his disrespect, intimidation, hostility, and towards me. I wrote fact sheets of the experiences and verbal exchanges I had with him, and even wrote them (HR) a letter of my concern. I even went as far as calling Corporate complaint.

I'll admit I had a misload problem back then. But when your full time talks down to you on multiple occasions. Denies you an option day. Then screams at you to get off his dock when all your trying to do is give him a written paper for the option day that was owed to you, it's hard to focus mentally. It got to the point where when peak season was in effect, he put me out in the air docks so we wouldn't be around each other. In a nutshell, I now wear glasses, he got moved to a different box line, and I get a 2 week suspension for misloads.

Time goes by, and it's now August of 2016. We have a new system where we have scanners that all us Pre Loaders use to keep misloads down. And the misload problem for me was dang near non-existent. Not much longer (September) this same Full-Time Supervisor comes back to my box line and I start to worry again.

At first he was cool, but my spirit/vibe didn't sit right because it never felt genuine. And I was right. Now, since I'm not meeting his expectations for the PPH (peices per hour) which for him is 225, he's always getting on me. He calls me lazy, said that my other co-worker are saying the same about me, said I was a bad example for a Safety Committee Member, and threatened to fire me.

He's told me and I quote "I don't care if you don't like me. I am your boss. I don't care if you tell your mom, your dad, or write another letter to HR again." I'm back to square one again, I've complained to my shop steward, and I've complained to HR with fact sheets.

Prior to me calling Corporate complaint again, He was giving me the silent treatment since I went to HR. Last Monday, I come in at the usual 2:30 am, but I noticed that everybody was already working, I was over an hour late to work. I called in Friday since I wasn't feeling good. So I had to idea the start times changed, But he never called me to see if I was coming in or anything. Ironically I go to my area, and guess who's loading my area, my Full-Time Supervisor. I told him I was sorry for being late. He never acknowledged me, and just walks away.

A couple days ago, during wrap up, one of my Part-Time Supervisors decided to stack me out which I'm not fond of at all. Next thing I know my Full-Timer walks down to me has the nerve to ask "why my area looked like this," when I wasn't the one that was even stacking. I told him "I'm doing the best I can." His reply to me was "that's not the answer I'm looking for" and goes to ask me the question again, and again. And I give him the same answer. The last thing I said to him before I shut down was "he's (my Part-Time Supervisor) the one stacking, me out not me." The last thing he said to my Part-Time Supervisor was "see, he's (me) disrespecting you and me." It's like he's trying to make my Part-Time Supervisor not like me when we've never had a problem. Sadly My Part-Time Supervisor just stood there and didn't say one word. This is when I called Corporate Complaint again.

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm not liking this place anymore :sad2: But I'm still staying strong. Sorry for the long opening post. I just needed to vent.
Tell him you'll meet him for beers off hours to discuss your performance issues.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
ab25f5ce16c45463628e88512003a2bf.jpg

Over 70

I was good for about 1 to 2 a day loading 3 trucks, now I do 2 trucks and one of them is a single bulk stop. #winning

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
@JackOfClubs My last resort is the EEOC

Well good luck with that. Before you can file there, you must prove you have tried to stop the harrassment, through you Union, and any internal agencies, including the hr communications it seems you have done.

EEOC is another useless government agency, imho. They will not accept a complaint, unless you are over 40, a member of a minority.

Then you must prove that you are being harrassed because of one of those. If the ft person treats everyone like crap, then thats ok. boss is allowed to be a jerk, as long as he is a jerk to everyone.

@ trickpony, gives you better advice, but yes, you must first go through the union.

Daf

First off, I'm a Pre-Loader of 3 years, It'll be 4 this August. Also, I'm on the Safety Committee, I have NO attendance problem, I do my best, and I go home.

I've been dealing with harassment from a Full-Time Supervisor for quite some time. By quite some time, I mean the first experience was in 2015. I went to HR and complained about his disrespect, intimidation, hostility, and towards me. I wrote fact sheets of the experiences and verbal exchanges I had with him, and even wrote them (HR) a letter of my concern. I even went as far as calling Corporate complaint.

I'll admit I had a misload problem back then. But when your full time talks down to you on multiple occasions. Denies you an option day. Then screams at you to get off his dock when all your trying to do is give him a written paper for the option day that was owed to you, it's hard to focus mentally. It got to the point where when peak season was in effect, he put me out in the air docks so we wouldn't be around each other. In a nutshell, I now wear glasses, he got moved to a different box line, and I get a 2 week suspension for misloads.

Time goes by, and it's now August of 2016. We have a new system where we have scanners that all us Pre Loaders use to keep misloads down. And the misload problem for me was dang near non-existent. Not much longer (September) this same Full-Time Supervisor comes back to my box line and I start to worry again.

At first he was cool, but my spirit/vibe didn't sit right because it never felt genuine. And I was right. Now, since I'm not meeting his expectations for the PPH (peices per hour) which for him is 225, he's always getting on me. He calls me lazy, said that my other co-worker are saying the same about me, said I was a bad example for a Safety Committee Member, and threatened to fire me.

He's told me and I quote "I don't care if you don't like me. I am your boss. I don't care if you tell your mom, your dad, or write another letter to HR again." I'm back to square one again, I've complained to my shop steward, and I've complained to HR with fact sheets.

Prior to me calling Corporate complaint again, He was giving me the silent treatment since I went to HR. Last Monday, I come in at the usual 2:30 am, but I noticed that everybody was already working, I was over an hour late to work. I called in Friday since I wasn't feeling good. So I had to idea the start times changed, But he never called me to see if I was coming in or anything. Ironically I go to my area, and guess who's loading my area, my Full-Time Supervisor. I told him I was sorry for being late. He never acknowledged me, and just walks away.

A couple days ago, during wrap up, one of my Part-Time Supervisors decided to stack me out which I'm not fond of at all. Next thing I know my Full-Timer walks down to me has the nerve to ask "why my area looked like this," when I wasn't the one that was even stacking. I told him "I'm doing the best I can." His reply to me was "that's not the answer I'm looking for" and goes to ask me the question again, and again. And I give him the same answer. The last thing I said to him before I shut down was "he's (my Part-Time Supervisor) the one stacking, me out not me." The last thing he said to my Part-Time Supervisor was "see, he's (me) disrespecting you and me." It's like he's trying to make my Part-Time Supervisor not like me when we've never had a problem. Sadly My Part-Time Supervisor just stood there and didn't say one word. This is when I called Corporate Complaint again.

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm not liking this place anymore :sad2: But I'm still staying strong. Sorry for the long opening post. I just needed to vent.
Your supervisor should not be stacking. That's one grievance. Another is your egress, file on safety. If it isn't taken care of call osha and ask for a safety inspection.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think I would be embarrassed to post on an internet forum that someone was "picking on me". Grow a pair and ignore these power hungry bastards. If you are doing your job and doing it safely there isn't anything to be bothered with. Remember--they always seek out the weakest to focus on. Don't be that person.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think I would be embarrassed to post on an internet forum that someone was "picking on me". Grow a pair and ignore these power hungry bastards. If you are doing your job and doing it safely there isn't anything to be bothered with. Remember--they always seek out the weakest to focus on. Don't be that person.

I would think it more embarrassing to be talking shop online 15 years after retiring.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The sup sound like the typical UPS manager to me.

Don't go postal whatever you do.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Your supervisor should not be stacking. That's one grievance. Another is your egress, file on safety. If it isn't taken care of call osha and ask for a safety inspection.

If that was the case in our center we'd have enough grievances to fill a shopping cart at the end of each preload.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would think it more embarrassing to be talking shop online 15 years after retiring.

Until we are told, we meaning retired personnel, which i am one, rod is one, tonyexpress is also one.....until we are told to leave, by an owner of the site, we wont. I for one welcome retirees opinions. And will continue to enjoy, and post on this site. You may scroll on by, if you dont enjoy it. Have a great working day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Until we are told, we meaning retired personnel, which i am one, rod is one, tonyexpress is also one.....until we are told to leave, by an owner of the site, we wont. I for one welcome retirees opinions. And will continue to enjoy, and post on this site. You may scroll on by, if you dont enjoy it. Have a great working day.

It's sad that you feel that you must be told to move on.

Move on.