impasse.... Sold out and ticked off!

upschuck

Yes I am....Everybody thinks we voted NO, just to vote NO! We had our reasons, glad everybody got their 70 cent raise! I guess,just piss on the rest of us?
Was there any talk about joining into the UPS plan? I think that would of been a good offer, since they are well off(I believe that is what Harry showed). I don't think that it is UPS's responsibility to dig out the trustees of that fund, if it was mismanaged. Here in the Central, UPS will make up anything that the IBT's outlay is short, so UPS is essentially, guaranteeing my pension, we went into UPS plan last contract, and most people are happy with it. Maybe that is an option for next time.

oldngray

nowhere special
Was there any talk about joining into the UPS plan? I think that would of been a good offer, since they are well off(I believe that is what Harry showed). I don't think that it is UPS's responsibility to dig out the trustees of that fund, if it was mismanaged. Here in the Central, UPS will make up anything that the IBT's outlay is short, so UPS is essentially, guaranteeing my pension, we went into UPS plan last contract, and most people are happy with it. Maybe that is an option for next time.

I think UPS will only guarantee to cover shortages in pension until you are 65. We are safe until then, but after that at risk if Central states collapses and ERISA takes over (when we would only get something like $1100 a month).

No talk of It here. The teamsters wouldnt even bring it to the table. I cant wait for the next meeting! 9they better have armed guards!) We are readty....to walk away from the Teamsters!....Yes, its that bad!...enough is enough!!

upschuck

No talk of It here. The teamsters wouldnt even bring it to the table. I cant wait for the next meeting! 9they better have armed guards!) We are readty....to walk away from the Teamsters!....Yes, its that bad!...enough is enough!!
That stinks! I can see why you guys don't like this contract, only getting a small wage increase and pension that may not be there for you.

upschuck

I think UPS will only guarantee to cover shortages in pension until you are 65. We are safe until then, but after that at risk if Central states collapses and ERISA takes over (when we would only get something like $1100 a month).
UPS pays all the pension until 65, then it gets splits between UPS and IBT depending on how long you were in IBT plan. Since we are in the single employer plan, I think ERISA pays more than if we were in the multi-employer plan(I think 75%). UPS makes up all shortages.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have plenty of overtime you can work to make up the shortage!!!! :greedy::greedy::greedy:
Spoken like a center manager! Shocking! Do you practice that schnit eating grin in front of a mirror before using it on your hourlies when you "forget" to edit their time cards and promise...oh I'll just add that time to next week's check??