In exchange for the day after Thanksgiving

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Having Thanksgiving, the day after, and a week off gives members one final opportunity to see family during one of the most family-oriented times of the year. I guess you could think of it as a mini-vacation. Christmas week is off limits, and now they want to limit our ability to see family during Thanksgiving and hang out for a few days too? I certainly think it warrants an extra vacation week.

I threw in the "for employees with at least one year" just because they are also affected by the loss of the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday.

During negotiations, you don't offer what you actually want. You start with something big, and work towards a compromise. Is what I said really that controversial for a starting point? It's gotta be more than one option day. That's all I'm saying.
Ups doesn’t care about you and you not seeing your family and not only that watch them try to take a vacation week away.

Having Thanksgiving, the day after, and a week off gives members one final opportunity to see family during one of the most family-oriented times of the year. I guess you could think of it as a mini-vacation. Christmas week is off limits, and now they want to limit our ability to see family during Thanksgiving and hang out for a few days too? I certainly think it warrants an extra vacation week.

I threw in the "for employees with at least one year" just because they are also affected by the loss of the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday.

During negotiations, you don't offer what you actually want. You start with something big, and work towards a compromise. Is what I said really that controversial for a starting point? It's gotta be more than one option day. That's all I'm saying.
Just like they shoved over 70's up our ass... After the contract passed.

Guess what, we aren't forgetting this contract.

Pump up that strike fund.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Guess what... Pay me. Charge more in that day to pay for our over time. What about all of the six days people ate working in December. They should get extra time off for that .

That's exactly why I suggested it. If many of us are going to go through this then give us the extra day! This is very doable fellas and ladies!! Somebody who can get in touch with the negotiating committee please suggest this!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

We worked the last two but they are telling us that we are not working on the 23rd------Saturday air and any "Christmas looking" premium stuff----10 drivers only.

Many of us will be working Sunday because Louisville will not get all that air processed on Sat watch!!