In exchange for the day after Thanksgiving

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Just don't go in. It's not rocket science. My hub was threatening discharge letters... many drivers have not worked a single Saturday and have not recieved any discipline

Well.. it's not rocket science either when warning letters are going out like Halloween candy and you already are on thin ice!! But your right in normal circumstances!!

opey

This is what i would consider a fair trade off... make BF a mandatory work day, BUT it remains a paid holiday with holiday pay+OT (whatever you get in your local), and give us 1-2 more paid option days to use throughout the year. i think it HAS to stay as a paid holiday minimum for any further negotiations

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what i would consider a fair trade off... make BF a mandatory work day, BUT it remains a paid holiday with holiday pay+OT (whatever you get in your local), and give us 1-2 more paid option days to use throughout the year. i think it HAS to stay as a paid holiday minimum for any further negotiations

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning.

The best that we can hope for is an additional personal/option day in exchange for the loss of BF, which will become a regular work day with no holiday or OT pay (unless you go over 8).

babboo25

Banned

The best that we can hope for is an additional personal/option day in exchange for the loss of BF, which will become a regular work day with no holiday or OT pay (unless you go over 8).
I love how upstate is so matter of fact about everything. Such a know it all. We used to get Veterans Day off, give us that back if they wanna take away Black Friday.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Give me two more personal days off and I will consider it.
These Bastards are going to :censored2: up every holiday... Pay me
It here is my NO vote.
Want that double time day plus holiday gone UPS, give us another option week. Want something, need to give us something worth it to give it to you

Coldworld

60 months and counting

The company wants something above and beyond... and they will have to pay up for it...bf is a day off for most everybody except for retail and restaurant and food service workers...

Johney

We? You'll be gone soon into the next contract, so why do you even care what "WE" get on BF? You'd likely sell out everyone there for something else on that day because you won't be here for it.