In exchange for the day after Thanksgiving

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No one seems to have caught on to the fact that you cannot pick out premium Christmas looking boxes without unloading entire trailers. It's called having a regular day. Does anyone really think they will unload trailers and leave 75% of the volume just piled up at the end of belts?

Our premium products are flown in and brought to the center in a package car.

No, they will not break the seal on any of the trailers on property.

Heavy Package

Breaking the seal. LMFAO. UPS will sell a $7.99 delivery upcharge to a customer for a "trailer validation fee".

Our premium products are treated no differently than all the other :censored2:it in the hub - thrown on the belt in the fastest way possible.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Seal cutting is a joke.... the only time I am concerned with ANY seals being messed with is when I’m at a rest stop or at a loves travel center doing a tire bump or using restroom/ getting coffee &snacks....the guards dgaf....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In exchange for losing the day after Thanksgiving (which is going to happen), I would take 3 more PHs AND the ability to take 4 more 8 hour days a month.

Shop steward also said that language has been proposed that would allow management to more easily change routes from M-friend to Tu-Sa. My guess is that that language changes with nothing given back to us.

The Republican tax cut should also include an annual bonus for all hourlies. Not sure what the amount of the tax cut benefit is for UPS, but the Republicans said that that money would trickle down to us. Putting it in the contract would assure that.
And get it so feeders receive a short day a couple times a month....they could do this....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This contract needs better working conditions / work life balance provisions - whatever you want to call it. My point in the earlier thread is that there is a win-win available here but we are talking UPS and the Union so I'm not holding my breath. There are plenty of current inside employees and senior drivers that want the hours and / or better pay when driving. Holidays and weekends could be a new job classification with a bid. Why aren't we trying to grow jobs, offer more opportunities? I, too, am sick of everything being on the backs of the existing drivers with the catch-all phrase of "it's already been negotiated in the supplements." BS. Times have changed, competition has changed in 5 years. Now's the chance to get actual improvements all around.
Absolutely... don’t see any other delivery company out as late on a daily basis as us....no other...

Johney

Absolutely... don’t see any other delivery company out as late on a daily basis as us....no other...
Remember most start long before we do. USPS,FedEx Ground don't have to wait on air like us.
I use to pass FedEx Ground delivering already on my way to work in the a.m.

Heavy Package

UPS's model of sending out 1 big ass fully loaded truck which constantly has smashed packages and a 12-hr dispatch is a completely outdated model. Having us run around doing air all over the route till late morning, then businesses, the resi, then pick ups, the completing the resi is not the way customers want service anymore. They get their stuff too late vs. newer expectations and competition.

My thoughts (I know...aren't worth 2 cents) - Air goes to air drivers. All of it. Air driver then meets up or already has on the car straight resi sections that were to be delivered later in the day. Delivery dispatch goes from 9a-5p (Routes with later pick ups stay out longer).

Results: Fewer smashed packages in a blown out truck, air delivered on time, resi's serviced sooner by normal hours.

Thoughts?

CoolStoryBro

New years eve and DAT as paid holiday's was a trade for working through other, lesser holidays (presidents day for example).

I do not care if DAT becomes a regular day. But I am not OK with giving it up without compensation. An additional optional day. Or simply 8 hours of bonus pay will suffice, IMHO.

4evapreloader

Our premium products are flown in and brought to the center in a package car.

No, they will not break the seal on any of the trailers on property.
Then that's called "Saturday Air" Please don't pretend they actually look for Christmas packages.

My personal experience? I work the preload and USPS and Fedex packages have already arrived for me before I get home.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I do believe they tried a couple years back,a couple feeder guys from N.C.?
There’s nothing wrong with the teamsters but Hoffa needs to go... he’s been in office too long... give O’Brien a chance to step up... give zuckerman a chance to step up... let’s try something new.......

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS's model of sending out 1 big ass fully loaded truck which constantly has smashed packages and a 12-hr dispatch is a completely outdated model. Having us run around doing air all over the route till late morning, then businesses, the resi, then pick ups, the completing the resi is not the way customers want service anymore. They get their stuff too late vs. newer expectations and competition.

My thoughts (I know...aren't worth 2 cents) - Air goes to air drivers. All of it. Air driver then meets up or already has on the car straight resi sections that were to be delivered later in the day. Delivery dispatch goes from 9a-5p (Routes with later pick ups stay out longer).

Results: Fewer smashed packages in a blown out truck, air delivered on time, resi's serviced sooner by normal hours.

Thoughts?
They just need to get more full time drivers on the road... don’t need to complicate it any more than it has to be...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I regularly pass the mail man still on his route while I am on my way home.
This is probably the exception not the rule... the post master in the po I use to deliver to said production does way down in the dark so they try to run enough routes to get everybody in by 4-5pm...