• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Ding Ding Ding

No forced 6th day in the 177

Nice 3 day weekend which is well deserved after this disaster of a peak

These idio ts can’t even figure out how to evenly distribute the work

We have a loop or two in my center where every driver has been done at 7pm all peak

Then everyone else working 14 every day. Morons

I must be one of those lucky few :D. I haven't punched out after 7:30pm all week. I go home, slam down dinner, slam the wifey, read a good book then go to sleep.

I know I'm going to pay for it this week though.

barnyard

KTM rider
In exchange for losing the day after Thanksgiving (which is going to happen), I would take 3 more PHs AND the ability to take 4 more 8 hour days a month.

Shop steward also said that language has been proposed that would allow management to more easily change routes from M-friend to Tu-Sa. My guess is that that language changes with nothing given back to us.

The Republican tax cut should also include an annual bonus for all hourlies. Not sure what the amount of the tax cut benefit is for UPS, but the Republicans said that that money would trickle down to us. Putting it in the contract would assure that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In 710 we did vote down the last contract, and still had if forced down our throats.
We still have a sour taste in our mouth about that, and what has happened since has only made it worse.
You guys should just join the master.

With those no votes the last one wouldn't of passed

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I must be one of those lucky few :D. I haven't punched out after 7:30pm all week. I go home, slam down dinner, slam the wifey, read a good book then go to sleep.

I know I'm going to pay for it this week though.

5CA172C5-B00B-4CA8-B236-A5128420E377.jpeg

How’d it end?

Heavy Package

Why don't we start negotiating Saturday and Sunday work this contract? UPS should want to be proactive on this from a sales and marketing standpoint and I know some people based on seniority or inside the building would want to work the hours at higher pay. Even in a pretty big hub our center only puts out 10 routes on a typical Saturday and who knows what a Sunday would look like. At least we could get ahead of it and bargain for it rather than the :censored3:it show Saturday and Monday has become now.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Why do you disagree @Benben?

What is the basis for Dec 26th off in exchange for Friday after Thanksgiving (FAT)? Dec 26th is not a holiday on any countries calendar. There is no religious basis for this day being a day off unless it happens to fall on a Saturday or Sunday (depending on your religion.) Trading these 2 days off is not equitable!

On the other hand, FAT has been a UPS recognized holiday since I have been with UPS and I assume a lot longer than that. Full work day on FAT began as an attempt to prevent the X-Mass Slaughter we experienced a few years ago. That X-mas Amazon promised delivery by the 24th. when processing orders Friday night, Saturday and Sunday (Dec 20,21 and 22.) We all came in on the 23rd and Amazon had more packages to pick up and deliver the next day then could be possibly moved if UPS and 3x's the number of planes and 5x;s the employees it had. Amazon blamed UPS instead of telling the truth and UPS took it in the shorts in the court of public opinion. UPS refused to blame a customer (Amazon) and for that I respected UPS more than ever and was proud to by a UPSer!

I questioned then how working FAT would effect December 24th. Now that Saturday is a full working day there is no doubt in my mind that FAT will in no way influence Dec. 24th or peak in general. There is no, I repeat NO, reason that we should give this contractual right! FAT creates a much needed 4 day weekend heading into peak. The importance of this is evidenced by the fact that the week of Thanksgiving vacation slots always goes to the top 7 seniority drivers! These 4 days gives me time with my family. The same family I will barely see for the next 30 days!!

Future

Victory Ride
Love 2 see some of these fat ass :censored2: “Reps”
Brown up and get in a truck again .... I would have paramedics on stand by for the first 15 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:

Heavy Package

This contract needs better working conditions / work life balance provisions - whatever you want to call it. My point in the earlier thread is that there is a win-win available here but we are talking UPS and the Union so I'm not holding my breath. There are plenty of current inside employees and senior drivers that want the hours and / or better pay when driving. Holidays and weekends could be a new job classification with a bid. Why aren't we trying to grow jobs, offer more opportunities? I, too, am sick of everything being on the backs of the existing drivers with the catch-all phrase of "it's already been negotiated in the supplements." BS. Times have changed, competition has changed in 5 years. Now's the chance to get actual improvements all around.

4evapreloader

No one seems to have caught on to the fact that you cannot pick out premium Christmas looking boxes without unloading entire trailers. It's called having a regular day. Does anyone really think they will unload trailers and leave 75% of the volume just piled up at the end of belts?