In Memory of Soupy Sales

wkmac

SOUPY SALES: Green Pieces of Paper

RIP and thanks for the memories of my youth. And the laughs too!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sometimes I would have a bowl of chicken noodle soup with Soupy Sales. It was a fun program. The guy was very wired. I like the old outake where the crew had a stripper come knocking on his door and surprised him........the folks at home didn't know what Soupy was laughing at.

island1fox

:wink2:Soupy rest in peace !
This is also a wake up call --enjoy life. I remember when my parents were upset when "old" Hollywood stars or the rat pack members were leaving this earth.
Now it is Michael Jackson, Farrah, Patrick S. etc. Time stops for no one !!

wkmac

I wonder how many of our younger members here are Googling his name as they have no clue who he is/was.

I'm sure there are but was it no different for us in an earlier generation except our internet was to ask our parents or those older, "who was....?"

My wife and I one evening between YouTube and GoogleVideo watched into the wee houries numerous Dean Martin Roasts, various variety shows (God I miss those) like Carol Burnett, Red Skelton, etc. and seeing all those stars of our youth just made me miss them more. Those stars like Bob Hope, Jimmy Stewart, etc. always did and still seem bigger than life to me unlike the so-called stars today. And I realize a lot of that was PR and these people were just as human too but there was this naive innocense about it all.

Island1Fox made a very good point about the so-called stars of today starting to die as it's a sign that we are becoming the next generation to start to depart this earth. I think it also a time to reflect inward and consider the legacy we leave to our children and children's children and what they will think of the world we created for them.

When I think of the "Rat Pack" I always think of them in Vegas filming
Oceans Eleven by day and playing the Sands in pure ad lib at night. To have been in that audience.

WOW!

P

pickup

For those of you little kiddies who want to contribute to the soupy sales memorial fund. Please sneak into your parent's bedroom and steal a dollar from your mom's purse or your dad's wallet and send it to me :

Pickup
P.O. Box 161
Grand Central Station, N.Y.

Thanks

wkmac

For those of you little kiddies who want to contribute to the soupy sales memorial fund. Please sneak into your parent's bedroom and steal a dollar from your mom's purse or your dad's wallet and send it to me :

Pickup
P.O. Box 161
Grand Central Station, N.Y.

Thanks

:rofl: