In-Vehicle Camera Question

MassWineGuy

I smoke in the truck, lay down and sleep for an hour, eat, drink. They can watch if they want. Could not possibly care less. Give me a reason to leave.

Sounds like you’re ready to leave tomorrow. Unemployment compensation is one reason not to get fired for cause.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
It is recording anytime it's on, it uploads recordings only after an incident is noted, or the panic button is pushed.

The incidents can be , speeding, cornering, impact, short stops, tailgating, distracted driving, obstruction of the camera view, and quick acceleration. (smoking, and no seat belt are in there too but not sure if active.) I think that's all of them might be more lol it's a lot. You can ask your manager to go over your score and review what you are getting dinged on.

You do see red lights when lowlights is active.

You aren't being observed in real time as your manager can't just login and watch you driving, however it is observing and recording all the time.

For example if you were looking at your phone or Leo on and off for 10mins your manager will have multiple alerts with clips for the duration of the 10min.
Those red lights are high powered infrared diodes. They light up the area so the camera can see.

Last edited:

Buhryein

I smoke in the truck, lay down and sleep for an hour, eat, drink. They can watch if they want. Could not possibly care less. Give me a reason to leave.
Cameras aside, for as long as I can recall smoking in/on fedex property (this includes vehicles) was ALWAYS against policy.

!Retired!

Smoking in vehicles is definitely something anyone should be caught doing. Disgusting.
Just making the point they don't sit there and watch you. IF they truly can, they must 'watch' the people that, shall we say, aren't doing so well
Cameras aside, for as long as I can recall smoking in/on fedex property (this includes vehicles) was ALWAYS against policy.
You are correct. But, he also stated he's looking for a reason to leave.
Why do need a reason? Why not just leave? Sounds like you don't want to be here anyway

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our manager has been reviewing and sharing everyone's score. One guy was dinged by the system believing he was smoking when in reality it was confused when the reflective strip on his jacket was lined up with his mouth in the camera's view.

I asked my manager not to bother me with the scores unless I've broken policy or been in an accident. I couldn't care less. If I haven't been in an accident I don't need to talk about it. It's not like they hand out BZ's for all the times I've avoided accidents over the years saving them thousands and thousands of $$$$.

I'd quit if I had to waste a single minute of my time looking at stills & videos of other people doing their job. Imagine having to review management sitting at their desks during the day..... ;)
That guy’s name isn’t Mark, is it?

morgan

upon entering your vehicle each morning put a piece of tape over the camera lense. if your manager doesn't like that tell them to have a camera that films every second of their shift for your review. there are literally so many jobs out there you don't need to put up with this intrusion on every second of your on-road day.. btw leaving Fedex will be the best decision you ever made, trust me!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
upon entering your vehicle each morning put a piece of tape over the camera lense. if your manager doesn't like that tell them to have a camera that films every second of their shift for your review.
WOW THEY'LL NEED SOME ICE FOR THAT BURN

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wow.

All that money spent on technology to trap couriers. Look for new hires to quit at even a faster rate now.

What a D-bag company.

MassWineGuy

I've seen the emails. It does happen.

I have no doubts. But I’m curious about what exactly triggers an obstructed camera email. In some of the vehicles we have, the cameras are directly behind a rear view mirror or a sun visor that’s pulled down. Never heard a thing about it. I often find the camera lenses covered by stickers. I remove them because I don’t want to get the blame.

McFeely

Huge Member
In some of the vehicles we have, the cameras are directly behind a rear view mirror or a sun visor that’s pulled down.

These are the exact ones I have seen on management's emails. I'm not sure if people are getting in trouble for these yet, but the emails and reporting is definitely there. Each driver has a profile with Nauto, and a resulting score based on hard braking, distracted driving, speeding, and other infractions.

With my particular truck, the visor is too far away to block the camera. Many Sprinters and Transits have visors with the extra pull-out thingy that blocks the camera perfectly.

Buhryein

I have no doubts. But I’m curious about what exactly triggers an obstructed camera email. In some of the vehicles we have, the cameras are directly behind a rear view mirror or a sun visor that’s pulled down. Never heard a thing about it. I often find the camera lenses covered by stickers. I remove them because I don’t want to get the blame.
They get an email saying the view is obstructed (think it was a certain amount of time or % obstructed something along those lines) even if it is a visor manager is supposed to review and notify you. Haven't heard at my station but others said people have been written up for obstruction after multiple notifications.