Station Cameras

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Our last senior manager had cameras installed all around the station with a wall of monitors in his office. He’s gone, but they remain. Do you think they record or simply observe live?
I've never seen those monitors in a manager's office, senior or otherwise. There's usually a monitor and other hardware (HDDs that record, joysticks to control camera movement for those that are equipped, etc.) for the camera feed(s) in a room that gets little traffic (storage room, computer cold room, somthing like that). It's rare for anyone to watch live at the station level other than messing around with it when it's new. Someone might watch remotely once in a blue moon but there's not much benefit to doing so.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I've never seen those monitors in a manager's office, senior or otherwise. There's usually a monitor and other hardware (HDDs that record, joysticks to control camera movement for those that are equipped, etc.) for the camera feed(s) in a room that gets little traffic (storage room, computer cold room, somthing like that). It's rare for anyone to watch live at the station level other than messing around with it when it's new. Someone might watch remotely once in a blue moon but there's not much benefit to doing so.
Our station is inside a hub facility. There are about 15 security guards per shift monitoring cameras throughout the property. Exception to the rule, I know, but who cares except the dishonest.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Our station is inside a hub facility. There are about 15 security guards per shift monitoring cameras throughout the property. Exception to the rule, I know, but who cares except the dishonest.
Oh, hub/ramp would be a different story. I was referring to station.

Damon77

We have them at our station too, but no one in the current administration even knows how to access the footage.