In-Vehicle Camera Question

yadig

Dudes, actions speak louder than words. When you hate practically everything about the job but won't leave... it's the best you can do. No one stays in the coal mine, when there are better opportunities, because of the schedule.
I love my job! I’ve never claimed to hate the job, I’m just concerned about the people making the decisions. We keep promoting people to management that should be handlers. We’ve became to diverse at our own detriment. I’m killing overtime and grossed lil over 100,000 last year. I’m a topped out RTD and put 20 percent in a 401! Im gonna milk that for as long as possible! When they do away with the portable pension I may bail.

Aquaman

Dudes, actions speak louder than words. When you hate practically everything about the job but won't leave... it's the best you can do. No one stays in the coal mine, when there are better opportunities, because of the schedule.
Its driving a truck. Other class A jobs are also, driving a truck. If I didn’t have a great schedule that works with my family, I’d be on a bad schedule. And I would 100% go make more money on a bad schedule at another trucking company. Close your eyes and pick one… they pay more than Express. But like I said I don’t have a bad schedule. So here I am, wishing this place would give me a good pay to go along with my schedule.

MAKAVELI

Its driving a truck. Other class A jobs are also, driving a truck. If I didn’t have a great schedule that works with my family, I’d be on a bad schedule. And I would 100% go make more money on a bad schedule at another trucking company. Close your eyes and pick one… they pay more than Express. But like I said I don’t have a bad schedule. So here I am, wishing this place would give me a good pay to go along with my schedule.
You gotta be willing to relocate if you want both.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
All that matters is that you're still there, and everything else you say about it is irrelevant in that context.

SmithBarney

Announced last week during AM meeting, no longer are the cameras being used only for "incidents" corporate has mandated that spot checks will take place every day on almost every courier(as many as they want to watch I guess) not sure who is watching, if its OpsMg or higher... I'm sure they have better things to do, but anyway have fun out there.

MassWineGuy

Announced last week during AM meeting, no longer are the cameras being used only for "incidents" corporate has mandated that spot checks will take place every day on almost every courier(as many as they want to watch I guess) not sure who is watching, if its OpsMg or higher... I'm sure they have better things to do, but anyway have fun out there.

This is terrible. If you or anyone else here has anything official in writing, please post a photo.

I have yet to sign anything acknowledging the use of these cameras.

SmithBarney

This is terrible. If you or anyone else here has anything official in writing, please post a photo.

I have yet to sign anything acknowledging the use of these cameras.
Mgr was reading off of an email they got... don't know much more than that. They'll be spot checking bulk head door use, packages in cab apparently the AI software can also spot these things.?

MAKAVELI

I think its just like mirrors and glass, just acknowledging it's there and
un-obscured (they've suspended one person for putting things over the camera.)
It's not like mirrors and glass. Those you can visibly check for functionality. You can ignore the camera on the VIR because you can't check it's functionality. You think they would write you up if the camera wasn't working and you didn't write it up on the VIR?

El Morado Diablo

They are 100% doing this.

My manager offered to let me look at what they are seeing. I'm not sure if it's worth being worried about for most people. My manager is predicting most managers will be too busy to pay much attention to it and follow up with employees so they will just mark it off that they have verified it and leave it at that. Which means it will probably be a case-by-case thing with individual managers.

DeliveryException

I received an OLCC because the camera was apparently blurry. I noted in the OLCC that there is no way for me to tell what the camera sees so no way for me to know it's blurry.

MassWineGuy

I know this sounds extreme. Unless they found evidence of something covering the lens to blur it, I’d complain loudly and in writing to the district HR person to get this removed from your file.