Incident at Hub

El Correcto

god is dead
I would of told him to report it, stuff like that happens fairly often usually no big deal. Driving off from it escalated it to dishonesty, guy is dumb.

35years

Gravy route
Nobody would ever have to rat me out because I own up to everything I do. I have done a few things and I owned up to all three immediately. Management took me in the office, talked to me, said they appreciated my honesty and life went on. Could have been fired for two of them if I tried to cover them up. Honesty still goes a long way even in a company like UPS.

Exactly. I have owned up to so many things I have screwed up (hundreds over the years) that the office lady finally asked me why I am always telling on myself...

Then there was an incident not unlike the one the O.P. mentioned in this thread. The other driver did something wrong, but not serious...and blamed me. He figured they would not talk to me about it. I had no idea he had already lied about it. When I figured out they were trying to nail one of us for dishonesty I gave UPS as little info as I could without lying. Even a minor mess up becomes a major one once someone lies.

Tell the truth, but don't volunteer extra info that might get the other guy canned.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would of told him to report it, stuff like that happens fairly often usually no big deal. Driving off from it escalated it to dishonesty, guy is dumb.

Had he done just that the sup more than likely would have simply told him to write it up and the shop would have replaced the mirror, no questions asked.

Now that he decided to try to hide it he will be disciplined for failure to report an accident in a timely manner and more than likely will have a mini unpaid 1-3 day vacation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's a 5 dollar mirror... They use to just replace it unless you were breaking them all the time. Now it's considered an accident....more like giving a corporation a bad name..

All depends on where the "accident" occurred and if there was any other damage.

In the incident being discussed, had the driver in question simply reported it, the sup would have told him to write it up and the shop would have installed a new one, no questions asked.

JackStraw

Guess it all depends on how uptight your management team is. Had a driver nearly rip my mirror bracket off in front of my center manager. He was upset, but he just told me to ride by the shop on my way out. Our new center manager just blew 5 straight months of safe driving for the center over a broken mirror. Gonna be hard to make circle of honor nowadays.