Increased Volume?

Star B

White Lightening
Not all miles and stops are created equal. Your 300 miles probably consists of a lot of highway driving
Actually, we have one Express route that does that daily (60 stops and 250+ mi) and it's mostly backwoods country zig-zaggy roads and he's been quite busy lately with the increased Amazon. Yes, it's an hour+ stem out and back. We have other routes that do high miles also but they are condensed routes in remote cities.

Rural route Sally. 180 miles a day on route.
Now that is lolworthy. I wish that route was only 180 miles and 60 stops, but I feel your pain.

dezguy

They are going to milk you boys for as much as they can. They divert volume from X-Freight and express to ground because the margin is better, and your days are numbered.
I guess that's why they've been diverting ground crap over to us up here lately?

Star B

White Lightening
I only do envelopes. I flex everything else thru my loop. Trampolines? New guy gets those. Same goes for pools
Good. We'll be sending our old, 300,000+mi E-vans your way then. Plz send new sprinters. I mean, if your only doing envelopes, who cares if it's leaking thru the wheel wells when it rains?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I had three trampolines going to the same house one day. Each one, three boxes at 100 lbs each.
Per company policy, aren’t couriers supposed to get help with anything over 75 lbs?

I do know this is one policy management chooses to ignore especially for out of town routes.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’m an out of town route. There IS no help for me.
I used to have an out of town route too and it was always “see if the customer can help you” when it came to heavy packages.

Anazingly a lot of them supposedly “just had back surgery.”

What I’m getting at is a courier should get help with overweight freight regardless but it seems FedEx would rather risk someone’s safety over paying a helper a few extra hours wages.

Star B

White Lightening
I used to have an out of town route too and it was always “see if the customer can help you” when it came to heavy packages.
It's on the floor and it gets pushed out the door. It's a one way trip. I'll do my best to keep your garage door unblocked but if it's so huge that it's going to block it, thatsucks.png

dezguy

Take a pic of the next trampoline you deliver, and I will kiss your #friend@. Take your meds dude.
Call bs all you want. We have to deliver Lululemon stuff for ground because they can't handle the volume. Beds in a bag are also being diverted to us. 140lbs garbage that stays in my truck unless the customer is going to help me unload it.

"What do you mean I have to help carry my bib up to my 3rd floor apartment???"

dezguy

Anazingly a lot of them supposedly “just had back surgery.”

What I’m getting at is a courier should get help with overweight freight regardless but it seems FedEx would rather risk someone’s safety over paying a helper a few extra hours wages.
If the customer doesn't want to help me, it's staying on my truck and the customer can pick it up. I don't need to prove anything by lifting more than I'm required to.

newgirl

Maybe now that that thornton is over at freight he can get x to charge more like ups just did. Get more volume to that side. 120 lb king size headboards to 3rd floor apartments is ridiculous. I am going to bring my bathroom scale to work and start weighing this stuff.