Increased Volume?

HD219

It's like peak started and never stopped. I was averaging 60 stops on my rural route this time last year. Now 90 stops a day is average. Avaeraged 94 stops/day last week. Over 100 stops/day this week.

Has anybody else's stop count increased?
By how much?
Can anybody explain the reason for a 30%+ increase?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's like peak started and never stopped. I was averaging 60 stops on my rural route this time last year. Now 90 stops a day is average. Avaeraged 94 stops/day last week. Over 100 stops/day this week.

Has anybody else's stop count increased?
By how much?
Can anybody explain the reason for a 30%+ increase?

60 stops

Lmao

bacha29

Rural route Sally. 180 miles a day on route.
Don't let those city guys bother you. They have absolutely no idea when it comes to understanding the God forsaken places people stick houses these days and what it's like to try to get in and out of them . Understand too that when it comes to rural routes one guys rural route road quality might allow him to average 40MPH on them while another rural routes road quality will only 20 MPH at best on them.
As for your volume come June it will usually tail off for a month due to the spring stuff being for the most part delivered. Depending on whether or not you deliver to public schools if you do it will pick back up in July as they start taking delivery of school supplies.

Oldfart

Don't let those city guys bother you. They have absolutely no idea when it comes to understanding the God forsaken places people stick houses these days and what it's like to try to get in and out of them . Understand too that when it comes to rural routes one guys rural route road quality might allow him to average 40MPH on them while another rural routes road quality will only 20 MPH at best on them.
As for your volume come June it will usually tail off for a month due to the spring stuff being for the most part delivered. Depending on whether or not you deliver to public schools if you do it will pick back up in July as they start taking delivery of school supplies.
Explaining volume. That is funny. You can't predict or reason a volume spike. At least YOU can't. Different parts of the country have different reasons for freight.

Exec32

They are going to milk you boys for as much as they can. They divert volume from X-Freight and express to ground because the margin is better, and your days are numbered.

bbsam

Staff member
They are going to milk you boys for as much as they can. They divert volume from X-Freight and express to ground because the margin is better, and your days are numbered.
Doesn’t make sense. They divert freight to us, margins are higher, days numbered?

Exec32

You know X makes more off you. X needs to keep feeding their addiction, and fill the coffers with the money they make off you. X works in a decade forecast, this model has created instability and they will milk it for as long as they can, but have no intention of making it a long term strategic plan. Days numbered.