Init Fee

Hey so I've currently been employed at ups for about 8 months and just started the initiation fee this passed January. So far I have payed $225 and was wondering what's the total you have to pay in for it. Thanks.

barnyard

KTM rider
The easiest way to find out, would be to call your local union office. They will know EXACTLY what your initiation fee is. It is different all over the country.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
IMG_5443.JPG

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I filled out my paperwork for the union the steward crossed out initiation fee and said don't worry about it. Never paid a dime

The steward does not have the authority to do that on his/her own.

Sounds like the local decided to discontinue the practice and rather than throw out the old forms they chose to just cross out the fee.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
From the IBT website. Our local is $250
How much will I pay in dues?
Teamsters Union dues are 2.5 times the hourly wage rate per month. For example, if you make $12 an hour, your dues would be $30 per month. However, if you make less than $11 an hour, then your dues rate is 2 times your hourly rate. And if you are a public sector employee, your dues rate is 2.25 times your hourly rate.

Also, some locals may charge initiation fees and these vary by location. Talk to a local union representative for details.