Injured on job

Softconcrete

i have been at ups 8.5 years and the other day i did something stupid. Cleaning bulk sweep a 70 pound package hit me in the head. I wasn’t unconscious or anything but I was definitely lightheaded for 2 hours or more. I told managers and they brought me to sit down for 10 min. I wanted to get back to work because I was getting anxious and I didn’t want to make a big deal of it. I had a huge bump on my head. How big of a mistake did I make by not filing an accident report? The manager himself said I looked fine so I felt a little intimidated.

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
i have been at ups 8.5 years and the other day i did something stupid. Cleaning bulk sweep a 70 pound package hit me in the head. I wasn’t unconscious or anything but I was definitely lightheaded for 2 hours or more. I told managers and they brought me to sit down for 10 min. I wanted to get back to work because I was getting anxious and I didn’t want to make a big deal of it. I had a huge bump on my head. How big of a mistake did I make by not filing an accident report? The manager himself said I looked fine so I felt a little intimidated.
Any witnesses?

Softconcrete

It happened on Tuesday and I feel ok now I just didn’t know if I’m an idiot for not making it a bigger deal. I did talk with management and they said oh your fine

Softconcrete

My (safety guy) said I bet they are happy your ok. I didn’t think so, I was sorting the fastest guy in the unload. But he said if that happened to him he would have been out 3 months

Indecisi0n

My (safety guy) said I bet they are happy your ok. I didn’t think so, I was sorting the fastest guy in the unload. But he said if that happened to him he would have been out 3 months
So because he was going to fake an injury and stay out you feel you should have done the same?

BobBarker

if you filed report it means they will pay for any medical bills that resulted from the accident

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Always give yourself the benefit when injuries happen, that means fill out a report within reason. You said you felt light headed? Probably would have filed a injury report just in case things didn't turn out. Sounds like you are alright and should just take this as a learning curve for the future. DONT EVER FEEL SORRY FOR UPS EVER, you are the only one that cares about you so dont ever feel sorry for protecting you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I always hear if yo

a coworker asked me if he was a doctor. They sent me back to work 10 minutes later saying I looked fine. I just feel like I’d be punished if I filed a report

If you cut you cut you finger, get a band-aid and go back to work.

Anything else, file a report.