Injuries vs accidents

BUCN85

Do you walk the 1/4 mile driveways?
Just a little shoe leather right?
Might be a child hiding behind the bush by the turn around a 1/4 mile in, so I should walk it... right?
Don't forget about the sneaky dog that comes out at the last second after you have been calling out ups. That's my only reason for a long back. The pkg car is my only safety from a dog

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How many hours did it take before they gave up on that idea?
I can't remember because I didn't pay any attention to something so dumb, but it wasn't long. They had given each route a set number of "allowed backs" ( I have no idea how they came up with the numbers) and if you were going to back more times than your allowance you were so supposed to call the office and get approval.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I can't remember because I didn't pay any attention to something so dumb, but it wasn't long. They had given each route a set number of "allowed backs" ( I have no idea how they came up with the numbers) and if you were going to back more times than your allowance you were so supposed to call the office and get approval.
Lol. I would have annoyed the hell out of them with phone calls.

brownelf

One day they're gonna send a message saying "call the office before you put it in reverse"
That's already happened a few years back when they put telematics in and reducing backs was flavor of the week. It ended after the first day when drivers worked as instructed and overwhelmed the center with calls.

Future

Victory Ride
I used too get gigged on that all the time ...LOL... I would just listen ....and have more backs that same day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a senior driver who was challenged by our on car to reduce his backs by 15%. He cut them in half and was still in at the same time. Something tells me that he had a lot of unnecessary backs prior to the challenge.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I used too get gigged on that all the time ...LOL... I would just listen ....and have more backs that same day
They tried giving us little "backing allowance check off sheets" that we were supposed to mark every time we backed so we would know how much we were backing.