Injury at work, reported it but no claim filed... now what?

Jstpeachy

about a week ago I hurt my back while pushing a heavy box into the package car. I reported it immediately but was told take the weekend see if it heals up. This week it had improved some while I was off but now it’s aggravated worse and burns while I’m doing anything using that muscle group. I reported again that it isn’t healing and got told I’d be moved to another area to let it heal.

I’m going to have it checked by urgent care since they don’t seem to want me to go to any certain doctor but what else should I be doing?

Seems like they are trying to avoid filing a formal report imo. But I’ve notified multiple members of management more than once now.

about a week ago I hurt my back while pushing a heavy box into the package car. I reported it immediately but was told take the weekend see if it heals up. This week it had improved some while I was off but now it’s aggravated worse and burns while I’m doing anything using that muscle group. I reported again that it isn’t healing and got told I’d be moved to another area to let it heal.

I’m going to have it checked by urgent care since they don’t seem to want me to go to any certain doctor but what else should I be doing?

Seems like they are trying to avoid filing a formal report imo. But I’ve notified multiple members of management more than once now.
Get your steward involved

JustDeliverIt

Along with involving your steward, let them know you will be seeking medical attention. They will probably take you to their provider/urgent care facility. I suggest following up immediately with your own doctor. The company physician will give them the results the company wants and err on the side of UPS by downplaying the injury. Your doctor will look out for your best interest.

542thruNthru

Do not go see your own doctor.

Go get a steward and tell him you want to report a injury that happen on the job. Tell your sup in front of your steward that you are still in pain and want to report the injury asap.

Johney

Along with involving your steward, let them know you will be seeking medical attention. They will probably take you to their provider/urgent care facility. I suggest following up immediately with your own doctor. The company physician will give them the results the company wants and err on the side of UPS by downplaying the injury. Your doctor will look out for your best interest.
Don't do this if you are under Teamcare.
This is straight out of the Teamcare summary plan.
IMG_2233.JPG

542thruNthru

I don’t have insurance through UPS yet (employed 4 months with ups)

Still do not go to urgent care. The company will try and claim you injured yourself off the clock. Liberty mutual can request your medical records and it will show you went on your own.

Grab your steward as a witness and demand to report the injury and see a doctor.

Integrity

Binge Poster

If this we’re me,
I would go to my sup and say I injured myself on the job. Tell them I need medical attention.

Be truthful about everything and write down every that is said during this process. Even what you say.

Let me know how you make out.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Inform Management you need Medical Attention
Do this with your Steward and 2 other Bargaining Unit Employees as witnesses.
Get a lawyer
Document everything
Do not speak to Management without a Steward and 2 other Bargaining unit Employees present or your attorney being present.

JustDeliverIt

Don't do this if you are under Teamcare.
This is straight out of the Teamcare summary plan.
View attachment 261152

I don't have Teamcare and in NY we are allowed to see our own doctor as well. I went through this with an injury. Saw their doctor on a Friday when the injury occurred, got into my own on Monday and was treated by my own for the duration of the injury.

Sorry if my information was misleading, guess this is another thing that depends on region/state. If your state/coverage allows it, see your own. If not, follow your steward's recommendations.