Integrity and Compliance

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I somehow get the impression that you are finding it ever more difficult to maintain your position as an apologist for Ex and at the same time not compromise your personal integrity.:confused:

Too late to edit my response to include this, but I've said it here a million times: don't falsify, and you'll never have to answer for falsification.

rod

Retired 22 years
Soooo, what do y'all think of the new Unit led by the new Corporate VP of Integrity and Compliance? I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this excerpt from the Letter from the Chairman. View attachment 69994

And then today we got a broadcast about "scanning integrity". I saw it and I was thinking, Wait, are these the same managers who told us on MLK Day that if there was even a remote possibility that a business MIGHT be closed to leave it behind??? Or when we were DOT and running out of hours, we were instructed to code stops as closed even though we didn't go anywhere near them? Where was the integrity then?

It always looks so good on paper---------------------and then they start talking out of the other side of their mouths.

59 Dano

It always looks so good on paper---------------------and then they start talking out of the other side of their mouths.

The guy's job is to keep things in order at the top of the organization and the focus is on legal and regulatory issues. He's not personally auditing every scan on every package in every opco.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The guy's job is to keep things in order at the top of the organization and the focus is on legal and regulatory issues. He's not personally auditing every scan on every package in every opco.

Correct. He is basically there to try and reduce lawsuits through high-sounding language promising FedEx will be ethical. We all know how the company really works.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Too late to edit my response to include this, but I've said it here a million times: don't falsify, and you'll never have to answer for falsification.

Nobody falsifies at FedEx, especially management. I thought it was pretty revealing that a recent poster here alluded to the pressure to work off the clock and falsify. Maybe that isn't considered falsification any more because it puts more coins into Dear Leader's pockets. Nobody says a word, yet they all know what's going on.

Never happens at your station, right Dano?

59 Dano

Nobody falsifies at FedEx, especially management. I thought it was pretty revealing that a recent poster here alluded to the pressure to work off the clock and falsify. Maybe that isn't considered falsification any more because it puts more coins into Dear Leader's pockets. Nobody says a word, yet they all know what's going on.

Never happens at your station, right Dano?

Nope, not at any station that I'm associated with. Why would it?

59 Dano

It's everywhere, and this :censored2: company has zero ethics and integrity. You're living proof.

"This company is awful. Fred is evil. I'm going to toil for his benefit as long as I can." That's what you say with every one of your dumb, overdramatic spastic bleatings.

Purplepackage

Nope, not at any station that I'm associated with. Why would it?

So you're saying there isn't a single person in any station your affiliated with that comes in before the start time and moves there truck forward or fills out there VIR?

And you've never seen someone with a later start time come in and organize there truck before they punch

59 Dano

So you're saying there isn't a single person in any station your affiliated with that comes in before the start time and moves there truck forward or fills out there VIR?

And you've never seen someone with a later start time come in and organize there truck before they punch

Oh, I'm sure something like that happens every now and then. What of it?

SmithBarney

Never been an apologist. Looking at it from a practical standpoint. I could say "10-4, will do" and forget about it or I can get into a urinating match with a dispatcher and try to be the Perry Mason legal eagle and waste my time.

Given a choice, I'd let my dispatcher call my bosses and explain to them why I should falsify a DEX as opposed to me doing the falsifying and having to explain it.

I wouldn't even 10-4 it, that's you acknowledging something then going directly against them. Just let the message pass and ignore it, if questioned later, make sure you have record of the day. Just like the critical dispatches for pups... unless I'm not going to make it, I'm not wasting time with messages, dispatch knows this from day 1. If I'm in trouble they'll be the first to know, because I'm relentless when it comes to HELP ME messages...

59 Dano

I wouldn't even 10-4 it, that's you acknowledging something then going directly against them. Just let the message pass and ignore it, if questioned later, make sure you have record of the day.

Nothing wrong with that, either. I'd 10-4 because they would then shift their attention away from me and our dispatchers would nag for confirmation without a response.