Interesting Article in WSJ on X

Serf

Fred S Created FedEx. Now He Has to Reinvent It.

& a quick quip on how naturally Ground and Express intergration would make sense but no it can't happen for blah, blah, blah, reason.

bacha29

Fred S Created FedEx. Now He Has to Reinvent It.

& a quick quip on how naturally Ground and Express intergration would make sense but no it can't happen for blah, blah, blah, reason.
Fat Freddy's right. Ground contractors can't wait until the middle of the morning for late flights to arrive with Express letters. Ground is the money cow and notice that he mentioned cutting wages.He sees how little contractor employees make and therefore Express delivery grunts should not expect much in terms of upward movement pay wise.
This is a race to the bottom of the cheap freight rate business. There ere are no winners, only a handful of survivors.

It will be fine

Fat Freddy's right. Ground contractors can't wait until the middle of the morning for late flights to arrive with Express letters. Ground is the money cow and notice that he mentioned cutting wages.He sees how little contractor employees make and therefore Express delivery grunts should not expect much in terms of upward movement pay wise.
This is a race to the bottom of the cheap freight rate business. There ere are no winners, only a handful of survivors.
Ground will be running a second dispatch in most buildings in the near future.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Fat Freddy's right. Ground contractors can't wait until the middle of the morning for late flights to arrive with Express letters.

Neither can Express operations. Luckily, it's not an issue unless you count your personal fanstasyland where the flights all launch 4 hours late.

Ground is the money cow and notice that he mentioned cutting wages.He sees how little contractor employees make and therefore Express delivery grunts should not expect much in terms of upward movement pay wise.

Express is now hiring casuals with no benefits. Express raises will come partly at the expense of casuals.

Serf

Neither can Express operations. Luckily, it's not an issue unless you count your personal fanstasyland where the flights all launch 4 hours late.

Express is now hiring casuals with no benefits. Express raises will come partly at the expense of casuals.
All I got out of our last meeting was basically:
1) TNT roll out software integration has been a disaster. Once it's better, things will improve.
2) Planes will be streamlined, sold, taken out of service, etc. No half full flights, too expensive.
3) Vacation bidding is mandatory because it creates open routes for all the Swing Drivers.
4) Casuals will be here to do resi & re attempts.
5) Step progression raise is not gone,just froze this yr

Serf

Hard to disagree. Ground will run 7 days a weeks. Ground will mimick Daily UPS volume on a route, but for much less in the way of hourly rate, benefits, pension. Also, heard mention of legit drones in the mid Atlantic region actually delivering Express parcels.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sorry. They all launch 5 hours late.

Tuned Out

All I got out of our last meeting was basically:
1) TNT roll out software integration has been a disaster. Once it's better, things will improve.
2) Planes will be streamlined, sold, taken out of service, etc. No half full flights, too expensive.
3) Vacation bidding is mandatory because it creates open routes for all the Swing Drivers.
4) Casuals will be here to do resi & re attempts.
5) Step progression raise is not gone,just froze this yr
Interesting.. So maybe his plan will work and judging by how filled Ground is OOOppps may have to re-look at their union based company..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How can they have MORE of their own planes when they don't have any of their own planes?

Amazon leases their freighter fleet, and contracts Atlas Air (and others) to operate them. The speculation has been that they will eventually amass a large fleet and probably start buying aircraft at some point. I know they've had numerous negotiations with Boeing about purchases.

Their fleet has grown substantially over the last few years, so Fred's empire could possibly be even more endangered than it already is Mr. Apologist.

He's calling for his sponge bath. Better go.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Amazon leases their freighter fleet, and contracts Atlas Air (and others) to operate them. The speculation has been that they will eventually amass a large fleet and probably start buying aircraft at some point. I know they've had numerous negotiations with Boeing about purchases.

Their fleet has grown substantially over the last few years, so Fred's empire could possibly be even more endangered than it already is Mr. Apologist.

They don't have a fleet.
He's calling for his sponge bath. Better go.

Your obsession with Fred's body is unhealthy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They don't have a fleet.

Your obsession with Fred's body is unhealthy.

Yeah, they do have a fleet. If you contract use of the aircraft, have them painted in your corporate scheme, and pay the wet lease to have them fueled, maintained, and crewed, they are your fleet. Probably the fact that the planes are used exclusively to carry YOUR Amazon packages probably also support the fact that they are an Amazon aircraft fleet.

When they buy 100 or so 767s and 777s from Boeing someday, they'll add more aircraft to their fleet. They'll just own those FLEET aircraft as opposed to leasing those FLEET aircraft.

I would love to see Fredward crawl to DC or Seattle someday and grovel at the feet of Bezos, begging him to cash him out and create something usable out of the ashes of Express.

I don't bathe Fred. You do. I've also heard you change his Depends. True?