Irregs and Oversize

Faceplanted

On a side note.... I need a new coffee table and don't want to pick it up from the store

Let me get it while the getting is good and make my poor ups guy carry it to my door.... Hopefully it doesn't match my :censored2: furniture and he can come pick it up!!!! Jokes on u ups man!!!

Rack em

Made the Podium
On a side note.... I need a new coffee table and don't want to pick it up from the store

Let me get it while the getting is good and make my poor ups guy carry it to my door.... Hopefully it doesn't match my :censored2: furniture and he can come pick it up!!!! Jokes on u ups man!!!
I hear ya man, people are getting lazy as hell! I delivered 3 50lbs boxes to a lady last week and she was so excited. She met me at the door and told me now cost co does free shipping if you order enough, so now she doesn't have to drive alllllll the way to the grocery store less than a :censored2:ing mile from her house!!! I delivered to boxes of dog food to her 2 days later.

Faceplanted

I hear ya man, people are getting lazy as hell! I delivered 3 50lbs boxes to a lady last week and she was so excited. She met me at the door and told me now cost co does free shipping if you order enough, so now she doesn't have to drive alllllll the way to the grocery store less than a :censored2:ing mile from her house!!! I delivered to boxes of dog food to her 2 days later.
I'm dead serious brah!!! I'm bout to order a new coffee table!!

I hope your not my ups guy! I order that fancy :censored2:, no partical board... it's gonna be heavy!

OptimusPrime

You are not being naive at all.

When I bought my 42” flat screen TV with my sales lead money it was brought up from Albany on a straight truck.

Last month our Lake Placid driver had two of the biggest flat screens any of us had ever seen. They were at least 70”, if not closer to 80”. They were huge and he was already nearly bricked out. They sent them up with an air driver.

LOLOL. 42" tv on a straight struck? Lulz. Didn't happen.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Delivered a few overnight letters on Monday morning to a residence in an area that I do not normally have. There were two delivery notices on the door for a pick up for Amazon. Laying on the front porch was a mattress that I would guess was at least queen size and was soaked because it had rained over the weekend. As I was walking back to my package car, lady comes outside and asks why I was not taking the mattress. Told her that I was only delivering the air and that another driver would have the call tag and would be around later that day. Told her that we could not pick up the mattress unless it was stuffed back into the box that it was delivered in. Both of us knew that wasn't going to happen as it must have expanded to 10 times the size of the box. Politely told her to call Amazon to find an alternative way to return it.

I had a similar situation with an Amazon call tag for a mattress. When they contacted Amazon, they told the customer to throw it in a dumpster if they couldn’t find suitable packaging.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lazy or smart?

johnny_hotdog

I was covering a route one week this summer and one of the customers would frequently get these heavy ass wood crates. On day I had one that I could barely move I think the label said like 146lbs. One of the guys there always helps me unload and they have a scale right by the door. So I say we gotta throw this on the scale to see what it actually weighs. So we muscle it to the scale and I :censored2: you not.... 261!!!!

Liquid Red

At my center, they are attempting to shove about 2x more bulk than our building can handle through the system. They've got constant stoppages, and nowhere to put it. There is bulk stacked out in the aisles waiting to be put on a full belt. It's a hazard, and UPS is one angry employee away from a visit from the local inspectors and OSHA, and some serious fines.

Yeah...we had a large un-packaged hot water heater rolling around and down a belt today.
Poor newbie...today was his last day.

Dr.Brownz

I was covering a route one week this summer and one of the customers would frequently get these heavy ass wood crates. On day I had one that I could barely move I think the label said like 146lbs. One of the guys there always helps me unload and they have a scale right by the door. So I say we gotta throw this on the scale to see what it actually weighs. So we muscle it to the scale and I :censored2: you not.... 261!!!!

Yep that is why I refuse to handle over "70" lb packages. :censored2: that, not going to have a hernia.

Snack

In my center, the number of 80 pound dog food packages seems to grow every night. And for some reason, half of them end up needing re-taped.

Foamer Pyle

Just like ciggerates , people don't care what it costs, theyd rather pay the $100 than leave there house and lift it themselves. Oh yeah and they will be waiting by the door all day for you so you can wrestle it inside too.
Rule number one, I never step one foot in a customers door. Rule number 2, if you can’t move it, don’t order it, because I am leaving it at your front door.

Super Powers

I am a satellite driver and on the excessively bulky days I load my NDA and take all the furniture, truck tires, workout equipment and most other oversize items and deliver them. When I come back to load up for trip 2, it's smooth sailing ! I let my management team know it's a safety issue and they agree.

Heavy Package

In my center, the number of 80 pound dog food packages seems to grow every night. And for some reason, half of them end up needing re-taped.

Had a Nordic Treadmill last week. Seriously??? That is not "Package Delivery" That :censored2:it is :censored2:ing FREIGHT!!

UPS-Package-13695.jpg