Is a Seasonal Delivery Driver's helper a good job to get extra money

km3

They're promising helpers a $150/week attendance bonus here. I didn't realize it was that bad. I actually don't mind this bonus since it only applies to seasonal positions. Still not enough to get me to do Preload and helper. If I could ditch my regular responsibilities until after Christmas to be a helper, then I'd do it. Never gonna do both.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Is it fun to be a Driver's helper for Peak Season?. How many hours a day do they work on average? And what's the job like and how can I get that job?.

It isn't boring and time passes quickly. I guess it depends on what you consider fun. I've come across crazy and funny situations being a driver helper. You will get sore after a while as you won't be used to using a lot of your muscles. I use creatine to keep the pain to a minimum. Basically you just meet up with a driver on their route at a meet point and help deliver packages to mostly residences. You might see some businesses as well. I work on average 5 hours. As time gets closer to Christmas Eve, the hours have the potential to get longer. Although it depends on the route and the driver you end up getting on how many hours you will get.

stephieclion

Maybe not fun, but a good experience. And you could list it on your resume if you are ever looking for a permanent position. Hard work, good workout. Hey and if you don't have a job, be a driver helper!