IS and IBM Consulting Deal

F

Famously Anonymous

alwaysaware---sounds like we have a lot in common - we should grab a cup at the Cafe one of these days !!

I'm a tea drinker.... First round is on you......
What did AA do after they picked us clean ???
They all went to work for IBM to pick our other pocket.

ISFriendly

Always and aware...Your are spineless. You need to get your facts straight. My manager told me we are actively HIRING. UPS has Gloabal sourced for years and
has not laid off individuals. These are ususally tasks that we shouldn't waste our time
with.
My Group is hiring and we are taking on new technologies, not new to the industry but
new to a DB2 cobol shop. We also have changed the way increases are rec'd. They are giving increases to us based on CONTRIBUTION. I actually rec'd greater than 7 % this year.

You should evaluate your contribution and if not certain talk to your boss. I feel like I am part of the solution and not part of the problem. I plan on growing with UPS.
Can you say the same ??

ISFriendly

Always and aware, the portfolio mgr that went to Asia reviewed his trip with us as well as his trip to Europe. There were things he needed to see as well as he brought back more things for us to do to support the BUSINESS strategy to GROW the business in Asia.

He also has expressed that more work will be coming into our building to support integration of acquisitions. DO YOU LISEN TO THE MESSAGE AND THE VISION ????

Dfigtree

Always and aware, the portfolio mgr that went to Asia reviewed his trip with us as well as his trip to Europe. There were things he needed to see as well as he brought back more things for us to do to support the BUSINESS strategy to GROW the business in Asia.

He also has expressed that more work will be coming into our building to support integration of acquisitions. DO YOU LISEN TO THE MESSAGE AND THE VISION ????

Is this anything like our expansion into Europe?

R

rather not say

sounds like someone's been drinking the koolaid...don't believe anything that fat man says...he is only out for himself ! and ALwaysaware...I would luv to meet you at the Cafe but too many big ears around there !!

Is Friendly - I won't play into your hand - and I do not respect comments from people such as you made, therefore you have started off on the wrong foot with me. Grow up and be professional.

My facts are straight - you need to start looking around you...

My contributions are far more that you'll imagine - I am a contributor

So - with that, either grow up, be a professional or go read a thread about Boxes vs Briefs....

GOT IT...

I'm guessing that you have between 3-5 years at UPS and most likely it's your second job.

7% - are you including your MIP, matching 401K, 1/2 month all in there..?
How long have you been a 'Partner'??

Yes we are hiring - but ask yourself - How many people, good people left IS?
PL's, Project managers - even a Systems Manager - all on 'their' terms.

As far as the work that is being done by IBM that you state UPS IS folks shouldn't be doing or wasting their time with - Come back here in October and see what work is coming into your building and more importantly, who is doing it.

Don't even speak to anyone spineless - if, and I emphasize if, you are part of the solution - evaluate your comments and learn to be a professional.

BTW - your tone does has the ring of someone from the district - were you ??

Have a great day

D

dont out me !

alwaysaware: well said---and I totally agree with u...(and I WAS from the district)

isfriendly: did you go to the job fair Thursday? are we really hiring? or just making an effort to appear that we are? High level Peoplesoft experience goes for a lot more $$$ than we are willing to pay...I WAS there and some of the candidates were from a company that was outsourcing....do you really think UPS is a 'great place to be' for them? --- or is it simply a place to continue drawing a salary until something better comes along??

Is Friendly - I won't play into your hand - and I do not respect comments from people such as you made, therefore you have started off on the wrong foot with me. Grow up and be professional.

My facts are straight - you need to start looking around you...

My contributions are far more that you'll imagine - I am a contributor

So - with that, either grow up, be a professional or go read a thread about Boxes vs Briefs....

GOT IT...

I'm guessing that you have between 3-5 years at UPS and most likely it's your second job.

7% - are you including your MIP, matching 401K, 1/2 month all in there..?
How long have you been a 'Partner'??

Yes we are hiring - but ask yourself - How many people, good people left IS?
PL's, Project managers - even a Systems Manager - all on 'their' terms.

As far as the work that is being done by IBM that you state UPS IS folks shouldn't be doing or wasting their time with - Come back here in October and see what work is coming into your building and more importantly, who is doing it.

Don't even speak to anyone spineless - if, and I emphasize if, you are part of the solution - evaluate your comments and learn to be a professional.

BTW - your tone does has the ring of someone from the district - were you ??

Have a great day

Very good points Always...

I commented this on the other thread...of course UPS is hiring, so many good people have walked out the door in the last year, that they need to find people to replace them at a lower wage.

If IT people talk to other IT people disrespectfully here, I can only imagine what they are like on a face to face basis.

ISFriendly

#1. Those of us that work know 20% of the people don't contribute. To see them walked out was a breath of fresh air !! I applaud accountability

#2. I have been here more than 15 years and have watched people sleep in their cubes, shop and some spend more time in the cafeteria having that cup of coffee than at their desk working. These are the same people who don't even put in 8 hours a day

#3. Yes I started in the district where hard work is hard work !!!!

#4. If you are not happy and you are talented and can make the big bucks elsewhere. I wish you nothing but the best. The grass always looks greener. I have friends who wish they could come back.

#5. OUT FOR HIMSELF - I don't thinks so. I have friends in other buildings that want to work in our portfolio because they believe he is honest and approachable. He puts in the hours and you can't second guess that.

#6. Alwaysaware- have you ever sat down to talk to him. I have and he has me thinking about the customer and how we can grow the business. He always asks about my family and if there is ever anything he can do to make things better. I had
an issue with my medical for my child and couldn't get it resolved and he personally made the calls to Atlanta to resolve a large unpaid invoice.

#7. Always if I offended you, I am sorry. I think we need to work together with this mgr because I believe he has a vision that includes us and if you don't believe me
ask to sit down with him. Ask him about his trip to Asia. Ask him about the job fair.
I seen him Thursday and asked what was happening. He said there were open reqs that need to be filled and that consultant replacements would be replaced with UPSers. He also said that integration of the subs could be very large and that he was
looking at options.

REMEMBER RE-ARCH AND WHEN PWC RAN THIS PLACE !!!!!!!!!!!

ISFriendly

Ask H/R they actually hired 2 people at the fair and have more people coming back for more interviews. I guess the Facts will show the truth !!!

ISFriendly

7 % to the BASE PAY !!!!!
I GOT IT !!!!!!

DID YOU ??

That is being rewarded for contributing !!!!!
My Manager and his/her Manager personally thanked me !!!!!

If I count 401k and 1/2 month and impact to stock, It will be more.

Remember, we are management

I still can't believe that I.S. is not 100% for UPSpac. My Mgr is begging people to contribute...... What a shame !!!!!!!!!! That's why District people hate us so much.
Just ask the users !!!!

R

RAMSEY ROUGE

---what flavor kool-aid did u say that was??

...and it's pretty easy to ID you now with all those details...there are NO secrets in that building...goes from DJS to the black Rose to the wanna be supervisor/Admin who is always up the black rose's :censored2:

---just wait till u are without a job because the jobs went to ASIA....!

---and do u approve of their latest scam, asking PLs to go around to the emps and ask if they gave to UPSPAC... confidential?...ha !! ---- DJS did the same thing with United Way years ago !

There's a list for everything ! You need to aware, ALWAYS AWARE !

R

RAMSEY ROUGE one

we are getting other companies retreads....good IT people do not need to work for 1 unit salaries...tell me why newly promoted managers on the fast rack left recently? DJS was so upset because both were minorities...need to keep them EEOC numbers up.

ISFriendly - Wasn't looking for an aplogy - just wanted to play fair and I'll take it that you understand.

RE-ARCH and PWC - who is PWC now ??? IBM and the same people (not all) are still around.

I appluad anyone from the distric where yes work is hard, but as I've seen and been told - the abuse can be unbearable. That portfolio manager came from that enviornment and treats people as such.

Remember this - You may get patted on back, get the MBWA, get asked about your family, but when someone goes back to their cube or office and mocks the heck out of you - how would you feel ??

It happens.....

Be careful who you trust.

Congratulations on the 7% - I'm taking from your tone you work hard and put in a full day. Do you like being monitored by 'big brother' ?? I've seen people drive like race car drivers so that so they can badge in before they reach the 'weekly report' criteria.

Are you aware of all the hours being watched, PL's, PM's and SM's filling out useless repeorts on who came in at what time, how long they were in the building and what they worked on??

People want out of his portfolio from both buildings.

LASTLY - We lost some very good people who were good contributors. We will lose more. IBM is on the cusp of taking advantage of this. Ask your manager about all the work that IBM is currently working on/started. Then, ask yourself, maybe I (A UPS partner), should be doing that because the work is very interesting and shouldn't be done by IBM. Unfortunately - one PM see's it otherwise and he lived through RE-ARCH.

No rebuttals - just facts and my thoughts.

Have a good day (And I truly mean that)

ISFriendly

AREN'T WE ALL RETREADS ??
I DON'T KNOW HOW RAMSEY IS BUT MY FRIEND IN RAMSEY TOLD ME THAT ACCENTURE HAD A HOLD ON THAT BUILDING WHEN THE OLD REGIME WAS THERE AND NOW IT IS ALL OR ALMOST ALL UPSers.
WHEN DID STEVE friend BECOME A MINORITY ??

RAMSEY ROGUE -- ARE YOU THAT UNHAPPY ?? DID YIU LOOK TO JOB-OP ??

ISFriendly

When The Reports Started I Was One Who Had Come In After 9 Am. Since Then I Fixed My Arrival Time. There Was A Person In My Group Who Needs
To Drop Off Her Daughter And Now Can Come In At 9:30 And Not Have To Worry.

I Think After The First Initial Adjustment I Haven't Seen Or Heard Of Anyone Being Brought In. I Know I Never Rushed In To Work And It Was A Wakeup Call To Me. How Many Times Do We Have A Mtg At 9 And People
Walk In 1/2 Hour Late Or More. Totally Disruptive

R

Ramsey Rouge

not unhappy at all...and I was referring to two folks in the Ramsey building who recently got promoted and then resigned... one is black and the other asian...and I happened to like SF and thought his resignation was a loss...that's all from me today until later tonight....