IS and IBM Consulting Deal

david cassin

dublinbrown
don't let them (ibm) go near ups,xerox in dublin ireland is outsourcing its call center as a result 900 jobs are to go with ibm who are now sending the jobs out of ireland to various eastern european countries where they pay peanuts to employees.its a disgrace alot of these people have mortages
to pay and our nice big multinational (ibm) can do with their jobs what they want.

sunshine08

To RAMSEY ROUGE :
One can't help to wonder if you are still employed by UPS and/or if you are not one of the people who was up the Accenture's :censored2: and now that they are gone you lost your fame and glory.
Looking at the last years ERI - 85% (favorable) people in Ramsey did not feel like you and from talking to the people in my group, most of the people today are even happier.
You sound like a member of the "kiss :censored2: Accenture party" that lost their power...
I am sure their are some groups and parties in the world that can give you some consultation on how to deal with your issues:laugh:

R

Rasmsey Rouge 3

One can't help to wonder if you are still employed by UPS and/or if you are not one of the people who was up the Accenture's :censored2: and now that they are gone you lost your fame and glory.

YOU ARE SO FAR OFF BASE YOU COULDNT BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH--I WAS NEVER IN IT FOR THE FAME & GLORY

Looking at the last years ERI - 85% (favorable) people in Ramsey did not feel like you and from talking to the people in my group, most of the people today are even happier.

ERI NUMBERS WERE FUDGED IN MANY GROUPS AND I COULD CARE LESS WHAT U AND UR COWORKERS THINK

You sound like a member of the "kiss :censored2: Accenture party" that lost their power...
I am sure their are some groups and parties in the world that can give you some consultation on how to deal with your issues

COULDNT U COME UP WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAN REPEATING HOW FAR UP ACCENTURE'S *** U THINK I WAS?? I WAS VERY GLAD TO SEE THEM GO... BUT IF U KNOW ANYTHING, THEY ARE NOT ALL GONE...SEE MANILA SUPPORT FOR PEOPLESOFT---THEY ONLY LET GO WHO THEY WANTED, AND KEPT WHO THEY FELT WERE STILL CHEAPER TO USE

AND FOR A FIRST POSTING IN THIS THREAD, YOU TOOK A FEW TOO MANY SHOTS AT ME PERSONALLY....

ISFriendly

Ramsey Rogue,
I asked if you were that unhappy why don't you job-op ?
Is it just this group that frustrates you or is it all of I.S ?

ISFriendly

SF told us that it was an opportunity that he could not pass up. He liked what he was doing and this fell into his lap. He stays in touch and has nothing but the utmost respect for UPS management.

Did you hear something different than that ?

sunshine08

Your last respond is funny, even Accenture will laugh:lol: at it. Over 40 consultants vs 4 in Manila. You are such a troublemaker. Why are you twisting the facts? :confused:1

ISFriendly

Rogue after reading your post, what was wrong with Manila ? We do the Billing for Manila here in NJ. We are a global company and no one has lost any jobs due to sourcing and I think the first to go would be the high price consultants.

We are excited about the work that will be coming to our building. ver the past few years, we have seen a major reduction in consultants. Ths helps to reduce the cost and keep us competitive with FEDEX who is our real competition.

I have a friend that works in FEDEX I/T and he doesn't get MIP. They are the ones we should be worried about.

R

ramsey 4

ISFriendly---SF story sounds the same as FS story (FS is another project mgr who left the portfolio recently)...all these folks who suddenly decided to leave for a better opportunity..??? even app mgrs and system managers (AVA and RFM) c'mon, are we all that naive??

I am not unhappy with all of I.S. --- and I am no longer in the portfolio u speak of--- I've been out of that portfolio for almost a year now and very happy where I am...I just cant stand when the kool-aid drinkers think all is well simply because all is well in their very narrow scope

...and enjoy ur MIP cause it wont be around much longer...

and to sunshine----thank god you got out of the USSR safely...

to alwaysaware: u got me into this mess, now get me out !!!

Judy Choy

It looks like you know a lot about Ramsey. Rumor has it that some of the big bosses will be moving to Mahwah. Did you hear anything?

sunshine08

ISFriendly---SF story sounds the same as FS story (FS is another project mgr who left the portfolio recently)...all these folks who suddenly decided to leave for a better opportunity..??? even app mgrs and system managers (AVA and RFM) c'mon, are we all that naive??

I am not unhappy with all of I.S. --- and I am no longer in the portfolio u speak of--- I've been out of that portfolio for almost a year now and very happy where I am...I just cant stand when the kool-aid drinkers think all is well simply because all is well in their very narrow scope

...and enjoy ur MIP cause it wont be around much longer...

and to sunshine----thank god you got out of the USSR safely...

to alwaysaware: u got me into this mess, now get me out !!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know who you are. You are a perpetuate "victom", "poor me", someone else gets you into messes, it's kool-aid drinkers. Everybody owes you something... Grow up ...It sounds like YOU came from USSR, but not safely. You brought some heavy baggage.
Grow up.

R

ramsey rouge 5

sunshine---- you have NO idea who I am...and if you think u actually do, I have no issue with u posting my initials....maybe u should count ur blessings that the great UPS in the great land of USA gave u a job...

W

what_is_love_619

hey sunshine----what do u mean up above when u say:

I am sure their are some groups and parties in the world that can give you some consultation on how to deal with your issues

did u mean comminist party?....having flashbacks....drinking too much kool-aid with the Stoli ???

and to all the others on this thread, time will tell, and I encourage ISFriendly, RamseyRogue and AlwaysAware to come back here after the 1st of the year...

BUT NOT SUNSHINE-- HAHAHAHA - only kidding SUNSHINE baby

W

what_is_love_619

Judy---there aren't many BIG BOSSES in Ramsey===are u talking about anyone in particular?... Initials only please....

ISFriendly

Ramsey Rogue,
Besides the racist comments, did you think he was upset because these were people he may have promoted ? This EEOC stuff, i never hear of it in my building.
I may not agree with all of the promotions but i have never seen them choose a person base on the color of their skin or male vs. female.

Do you think you are being fair ?

R

Ramsey Rogue 5

why do you take that as a racist comment? all I said was that it was important as a portfolio/district/region/company that we ensure we meet federal EEOC guidelines...and the two folks that left were very capable employees and outstanding individuals.

Folks - you are starting to act unprofessionally....
Be constructive - not destructive.....
Cool it..... OK - No need for it...

To the Hoaxster..... Nice Try......

sunshine08

I agree with you.
RAMSEY Rougue : "sunshine---- ....maybe u should count ur blessings that the great UPS in the great land of USA gave u a job... "
What kind of person is this RAMSEY Rougue if not racist? I am an American, but a lot of UPSers who are not.
Shame on you....

air_upser

Does anyone actually know how many consultants are on site and what they are doing? I know there are many applications that need to be upgraded that we don't seem to have the time or resources to do. I think there's still OS/2 boxes out there, and numerous mainframe apps that have long gone to web based apps at other companies. We have very talented people all over the country, but keeping all the apps going, and intergrated all the subsiderary apps has been a nightmare. I have not worked with IMB on the application side, but I have dealt with them on equipment support....and it's a nightmare. IS is slowly downsizing in various areas, and I expect that trend to continue. But hopefully, the people running the show don't forget what made us so successful......us!

OK - lets all take a time out here. This thread was not intended to be a bashing exercise and anyone who makes even the slightest reamark that appears out of line should, or must have their post reported.

This thread should have been 'Hasn't IS made this mistake before??'
C&L became PWC who became IBM Consulting.

All of the efforts done by those above fell way short of the goals UPS set out. So - why are we doing it again with the same organization? At a time when we are being asked to be cost concious.

If UPS does not have a particular skill we should ask HR can you get it?, and how soon? If we don't get the skill immediately, we should hire a consultant - but not for life. Their mission and our goal needs to be in sysnc; Train a UPS employee with a skill that is not in house and needs to be in a reasonable timeframe - not a lifetime.

If we use a consulting firm to augment a skill we do not have we should be asking up front "How long will it take for you to reach the point where you will no longer be busy because you've trained a UPS employee??" We do not need some of the consultants we have had for over 10 years (ever hear about the Microsoft consulting lawsuit?? - If you are a consultant with MS for mor than 5 years you are considered an employee of MS) And, what about Fedex ?? They are losing lawsuits that state their drivers, who are not employees of FDX - should be considered as such!!!!

We have bright, intellegent people in IS, and we have some who need coaching.

Bringing in IBM who loves to take your business and outsource it to a country that pays sub-standard wages is asking for trouble. They smell money.

I beleive in the open-door policy and I've used it many times. I have raised this issue to my management and to date the response seems to be a little weak.

I'm going to see what transpires.In the meantime we are losing volume, accounts and our MIP measurements are scary. I never beleived that I should be handed a MIP 'just because' as I've seen a few of my partners think. I work hard, contribute and in all honesty I feel that UPS is a very good company to work for. But, when you see outside folks come in, have to be taught what it is we do, have to train them and even coach them - What is the payback ???

One of our MIP measurements is cointaining costs and if I reacall - we are on target. How about if we spend the money we are giving firms like IBM wisely, or better yet - spend it on UPS employees who CAN get the job done.

Please be objective and not subjective - It doesn't work.

The opinions and thoughts I've expressed about IS and it's recent venture with IBM are the same I've raised without hesitation to my management.

I'll wait and see since it appears that this is a done deal.

Again - please show respect to one another.