Is anyone following Wisconsin?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I didn't form the list....just rec'd it from someone.......just illustrating the lopsidedness of union contributions.....and what prompted me to post it was why would anyone begrudge [-]a little WI. governor [/-]$44,000 ???

Touché.

"One company on the proposed boycott list, Johnsonville Sausage, responded to a reporter's questions Thursday with a statement: "We respect the passion consumers have for this issue and recognize the debate and dialogue we're seeing today is what makes our country great. We are hopeful both sides of this debate will work to resolve the issues that are facing our state," spokeswoman Christine Wallace said."

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/article_dae2c8dc-514b-11e0-9a2f-001cc4c002e0.html

+1 for Johnsonville.

moreluck

golden ticket member
li7q6s-b78770626z.120110317103039000gu5u1m1e.1.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Touché.

"One company on the proposed boycott list, Johnsonville Sausage, responded to a reporter's questions Thursday with a statement: "We respect the passion consumers have for this issue and recognize the debate and dialogue we're seeing today is what makes our country great. We are hopeful both sides of this debate will work to resolve the issues that are facing our state," spokeswoman Christine Wallace said."

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/article_dae2c8dc-514b-11e0-9a2f-001cc4c002e0.html

+1 for Johnsonville.

Stayer is scared crapless that someone will try to unionize his low paying company.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I dont think the public school's in Wisconsin could get any worse!!

That's a stupid statement. Milwaukee has the problems, not the state overall. They will get worse now though. You work at UPS so you should know. If you aggravate the help, their morale and work decline.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There's always fresh college graduates who want to "make a difference" and who haven't been hardened yet.....give them the jobs !!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
There's always fresh college graduates who want to "make a difference" and who haven't been hardened yet.....give them the jobs !!

This is why I'm torn on this issue. My daughter graduates from Wisconsin-Milwaukee in May with a degree in Elementary Education. It was a great job opportunity when she started college.

Last edited:

804brown

I didn't form the list....just rec'd it from someone.......just illustrating the lopsidedness of union contributions.....and what prompted me to post it was why would anyone begrudge a little WI. governor $44,000 ???

If unions actually controlled their pols like big business controls their pols, we would have passed EFCA and overturned Taft-Hartley and had fedex taken out of Railway Labor Act and $10 an hour minimum wage and no "free trade" agreements, etc. It seems the money unions spend is just to stop worse stuff from happening to middle class folk. When we take the private $$ out of elections, maybe we can get our government back in the hands we the people!!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It's the Democrats who receive the "stunning" amounts of money as this chart shows.....top # s to Dems and bottom # is to Rep.

Democrats
Republicans

American Fed. of State, County, & Municipal Employees
$40,281,900
$547,700

Intel Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

National Education Association

Service Employees International Union

Communication Workers of America

Service Employees International Union

Laborers Union

American Federation of Teachers

United Auto Workers

Teamsters Union

Carpenters and Joiners Union

Machinists & Aerospace Workers Union

United Food and Commercial Workers Union

AFL-CIO

Sheet Metal Workers Union

Plumbers & Pipefitters Union

Operating Engineers Union

Airline Pilots Association

International Association of Firefighters

United Transportation Workers

Ironworkers Union

American Postal Workers Union

Nat'l Active & Retired Fed. Employees Association

Seafarers International Union

Source: Center for Responsive Politics, Washington, D.C.
Not a dime of my union dues money goes to any politician whether they are democrat or republican. Only money given to DRIVE can be used for political donations!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not a dime of my union dues money goes to any politician whether they are democrat or republican. Only money given to DRIVE can be used for political donations!

And you believe that $$ never gets co-mingled or mis-directed and no one lies to you...."now who's naive, Kay ?"

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
And you believe that $$ never gets co-mingled or mis-directed and no one lies to you...."now who's naive, Kay ?"

We get a yearly business report that's at least as straightforward as any corporation's.

Besides, how could the labor bosses become fat cats if they weren't keeping all our dues for themselves?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do you remember how angry Al Sharpton was last year when someone (Beck) had an event on MLK day ???? Gee, I wonder if he'll be angry at Trumka this year ??
Fresh from defeat in Wisconsin, union leaders are planning a new campaign not just to head off future challenges to their collective-bargaining powers but also to make the case that organized labor's benefits and prerogatives -- wages, health care and pensions that are more generous than those of comparable workers in the private sector -- are the moral equivalent of rights won by black Americans during the civil-rights movement.

To make the point, the AFL-CIO is planning a series of nationwide events on April 4, the 43rd anniversary of the day the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated after speaking in Memphis, Tenn., on behalf of striking black garbage collectors. The message: King's cause and that of angry schoolteachers in Madison are one.

http://townhall.com/columnists/byro...r_wisconsin,_unions_tie_cause_to_civil_rights

1timepu

Which God? Is it Allah? Budda? The Great Spirit? Should our children not be able to decide whom they worship when they are the age to understand?

The Only God you never mentioned Jesus! Shame on you now I know what your problem is, Children after the age of 18 yes, But I raise them right, so I don't have to worry about that.

1timepu

"At the eighth-grade level, Wisconsin scored an average of 266, beating the national average by four points." Apparently better than most of the non-union states. I have twin Valedictorians heading to The University of Wisconsin next fall. Thanks for your concern.:peaceful:

Gratz on the Valedictorians, I don't appreciate the "stupid remark" when 4th grader's scored at 36% reading proficiency, that should be a concern.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
CAUGHT ON TAPE: Former SEIU Official Reveals Secret Plan To Destroy JP Morgan, Crash The Stock Market, And Redistribute Wealth In America

A former official of one of the country's most-powerful unions, SEIU, is detailing a secret plan to "destabilize" the country.
The former SEIU official, Steven Lerner said that unions and community organizations are, for all intents and purposes, dead.
Lerner's plan is to organize a mass, coordinated "strike" on mortgage, student loan, and local government debt payments--thus bringing the banks to the edge of insolvency and forcing them to renegotiate the terms of the loans. This destabilization and turmoil, Lerner hopes, will also crash the stock market, isolating the banking class and allowing for a transfer of power.
Lerner's plan starts by attacking JP Morgan Chase in early May, with demonstrations on Wall Street, protests at the annual shareholder meeting, and then calls for a coordinated mortgage strike.
Lerner also says explicitly that, although the attack will benefit labor unions, it cannot be seen as being organized by them. It must therefore be run by community organizations.