Is anyone following Wisconsin?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Re: What Court Order?

The administration of Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) has begun implementing its controversial new law curtailing public employee unions, following a move on Friday declaring it be in effect, and despite a judge's ruling that enjoined said implementation.

"It is now my legal responsibility to begin enactment of the law," Secretary of Administration Mike Huebsch, a former Republican state Assembly Speaker, told reporters, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Huebsch said that the state will begin withholding pension and health benefits contributions from government employees' paychecks, while also no longer automatically deducting union dues. The first paychecks to be affected will be April 21.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/walker-administration-announces-implementation-of-anti-union-law-despite-judges-order-against-publicat.php

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(JS Online)- A 26-year-old woman was charged Thursday with two felony counts and two misdemeanor counts for allegedly making email threats against Wisconsin lawmakers during the height of the battle over Gov. Scott Walker’s budget-repair bill.
Katherine R. Windels of Cross Plains was named in a criminal complaint filed in Dane County Criminal Court.
According to the criminal complaint, Windels allegedly sent an email threat to State Sen. Robert Cowles (R-Green Bay) March 9. Later that evening, she allegedly sent another email to 15 Republican legislators, including Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau).
The subject line of the second email was: “Atten: Death Threat!!!! Bomb!!!” In that email, she purportedly wrote, “Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your families will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks.”
“I hope you have a good time in hell,” she allegedly wrote in the lengthy email in which she purportedly listed scenarios in which the legislators and their families would die, including bombings and by “putting a nice little bullet in your head.”
Underground Conservative dug up what appears to be her profile and the woman charged is a (gasp) teacher. Shocker!

menotyou

bella amicizia
How many times does this bill have to past before this nosy judge minds her own business ??? IMO she has overstepped her limits. Seems like after she derails the bill, she says to them, "Just re-pass it". What a beeatch!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/31/wisconsin-judge-declares-union-law-effect/
I thought we lived in America. I guess I'm confused. I do know that UPS has never heard of the constitution, as I was told in a meeting once by the labor supervisor in our area, "There is no free speech at UPS." I guess that Judge doesn't have free speech to do what she was duly appointed to do, either.

1timepu

Ohio Does it to, who's next? NJ, Cali, Pa? yeah cmon public union your dying! who ho no public union please!(when the public union negotiates, they negotiate against Tax Payer's!) End the Public Union's NOW!

klein

Für Meno :)
Difference between north and south, again :

News Alberta

AUPE (Alberta Union of Public Employees) signs new contract deal

By FRANK LANDRY Legislature Bureau
Last Updated: April 1, 2011 5:44pm

The union representing 21,000 government employees has signed an “historic” new contract deal, says a labour leader.
The two-and-a-half year deal would give full-time government workers two lump sum payments of $1,750 and $1,250.
There would also be a 4% across-the-board pay increase in April 1, 2012.
Smith said the first lump sum payment would be made in June and the other next January.
The deal would also improve extended health benefits and address issues like staffing levels and workloads, among other things.
“It’s a good deal,” Smith said.
Smith said the AUPE’s General Services Bargaining Committee is recommending the deal be ratified by union members.
The last collective agreement expired in August 2010. The new agreement would be in place until March 31, 2013.
Votes are slated to be counted May 12.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I thought we lived in America. I guess I'm confused. I do know that UPS has never heard of the constitution, as I was told in a meeting once by the labor supervisor in our area, "There is no free speech at UPS." I guess that Judge doesn't have free speech to do what she was duly appointed to do, either.

The first 9 Bill of Rights to the US Constitution were written to protect individual citizens from the power of the National governement. These 9 Bill of Rights do nothing to protect individuals from other individuals or other entities other than Government. No lawsuit ever brought against a company or other individual has been upheld in court if it was filed as a violation of an individuals "Freedom of Speech".
So whether we like it, "There is no free speech at UPS." unless it is a term or condition of the contract between UPS and the Teamsters and that is just for bargaining unit employees.

804brown

Ohio Does it to, who's next? NJ, Cali, Pa? yeah cmon public union your dying! who ho no public union please!(when the public union negotiates, they negotiate against Tax Payer's!) End the Public Union's NOW!

Public unions as well as private sector unions have created a strong middle class. Now the corporate right wing has taken over in Congress and several state houses and all of a sudden our problem is unions?? Please, these corporate-bought puppets are only doing what their masters want them to do: DESTROY UNIONS. Destroy the only institution that holds their employers accountable, that levels the playing field, that pushes for fairness and democracy in the workplace. If you still cant see this, maybe you belong on the other side!

804brown

Obama was visiting a Maryland UPS building yesterday. I heard he walked the building and caught supervisors working. I wonder if he plans to put in a grievance!! LOL

Buddybrown

Public unions as well as private sector unions have created a strong middle class.
Private sector unions have helped create opportunities for some, public unions take tax money from many, many middle class hard working tax payers and help destroy the majority of the benefits of what is a shrinking middle class. If you don't understand this I don't know where you're from.