Is it still Bush?

bbsam

Staff member
you just make this up as you go? Reagonimics fixed a recession worse then this one. At this point obamnomics has failed miserably. You and unionman are desperately clinging to a dead duck bounce of the stock market as proof the economy is turning around.

You hear the water rushing in? feel the ship listing to port? your obama ship is going down.

so the question is are you still trying to pin this on Bush or are you now giving obama some blame? Don't even try to tell me you think we have an economic recovery taking place?:rofl:

Fred S (hardly a liberal democrat) thinks a recovery is taking place. How 'bout we bookmark the state of the economy today and see where things stand 6 months from today? I'd bet a BC cruise ticket that the recovery continues even in the face of those who insist we are going over the cliff. You'd have more credibility saying that the economy would recover no matter what anyone did or didn't do.

A recovery is happening. They always happen after an economy hits bottom. Obaba is doing everything he can to slow it down. Maybe he is right to keep unemployment high.

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't know how you want him to create jobs ! Say a few majic words ?
Lower interesst rates - Can't get any lower.
Bail out companies ? - Can't do that. Already in trouble over GM ann Chrysler.
Hand out more stimulus ? - Can't do that. Already in trouble, besides no more money left.
More offshore drilling ? - Can't do that , just right now, - or be in trouble !

What can the president do, while companies and banks are reporting great profits, with less workers ?

Oh, by the way, heard from my phillipino contact, that the UPS Canadian Call Center is also moving there. More jobs outsourced overseas !
More profits for UPS.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Fred S (hardly a liberal democrat) thinks a recovery is taking place. How 'bout we bookmark the state of the economy today and see where things stand 6 months from today? I'd bet a BC cruise ticket that the recovery continues even in the face of those who insist we are going over the cliff. You'd have more credibility saying that the economy would recover no matter what anyone did or didn't do.

Fred S...Obamas best friend...Obama talks about how great he is...Fred S who says he will cancel all his Boeing orders if the bill that puts UPS and Fed Ex on even ground goes thru...that Fred S...he does not have an agenda does he...LMAO!!!! Yup that recovery is doing great and the proof is unemployment went from 9.7 to 9.9% and that is proof the Obamais doing a great job. Do you remember when your Messiah said we need to pass this bill RIGHT NOW (aka the sky is falling) and no one read what was in the bill? How much has unemployment went up since the bill was rammed thru by the Dems???? This sums up just part of how America got screwed by Obama BS stimulas bill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C4uSpr4Cdk

I know its tuff to admit when an alcoholic has a drinking problem so i imagine its tuff to admit the person you worship screwed up. Do you actually believe all that garbage in the bill was needed? Have you actually heard of all the crap that was in the bill? Do a search of some of the garbage that Obamas stimulas bill added to our debt and will never create a single job. Tell me that it was all needed...and how is that 30million dollars restoring the wetlands in San Francisco to help the poor marsh field mouse doing? Im sure Nancy is happy about that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Again, I encourage anyone that wants to be informed about the Global money crises, and stockmarket, and american national debt, plus plenty more, to watch the "Your$$$$$" show on CNN.
It's on at 11am mountain time. (90 min from now). A repeat is also shown Sundays.

Trust me, it's very imformative.

Didn't you mention this show last month, too ?

klein

Didn't you mention this show last month, too ?

It's a money show. It's on every weekend.
Today topics were the Euro Crises. American National Debt. Home mortgages, personal finance, stockmarket fall, and a few others.
I watch it with passion every weekend.

And yes, Upstate has it right. It is very informative, totally unbias. Just about money and finances. Personal and governments.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama campaigning against Bush--again
By: Carol E. Lee

May 22, 2010 07:02 AM EDT
President Barack Obama is trying to ride the wave of anti-incumbency by taking on an unpopular politician steeped in the partisan ways of Washington.

It doesn’t matter that George W. Bush left office 16 months ago.

The White House’s mid-term election strategy is becoming clear – pit the Democrats of 2010 against the Republicans circa 2006, 2008 and 2009, including Bush.

It’s a lot to ask an angry, finicky electorate to sort out. And even if Obama can rightfully make the case that the economy took a turn for the worse under Bush's watch, he's already made it - in 2008 and repeatedly in 2009.

It’s not clear that voters still want to hear it.

“If you’re the leader of a large corporation and you’re in power for a year and a half and you start off a meeting with your shareholders by blaming your predecessor, that wouldn’t go over very well,” said Merle Black, a political science professor at Emory University. “This is a very weak approach. ... And I can’t imagine it having an impact on these very swing voters.”

Some Democrats would like Obama to shift his argument.

“The president needs to indict not simply Bush or even Republicans. He is a visionary thinker, and his rhetoric should reflect that,” said Democratic strategist Paul Begala. “I want President Obama to make a consistent, compelling indictment of conservative ideas.”

It's a money show. It's on every weekend.
Today topics were the Euro Crises. American National Debt. Home mortgages, personal finance, stockmarket fall, and a few others.
I watch it with passion every weekend.

And yes, Upstate has it right. It is very informative, totally unbias. Just about money and finances. Personal and governments.

Ive seen it several times, along with "State of the Union" I kinda liked John King, but he it doing something else now. CNBC and bloomberg talk about those things everyday. Waiting for the weekend seems like waiting for last weeks weather.

klein

Hey, this article might even surprise a few on here :

May 21, 2010
By Bradley S. Klapper, The Associated Press

GENEVA - Singapore and Hong Kong are the world's most competitive economies, an annual survey said Friday, relegating the United States from the top spot for the first time since 1993.
The study lists 58 economies according to 328 criteria that measure how the nations create and maintain conditions favourable to businesses — a formula that had favoured the U.S. for 16 years.
"They are so close in the rankings, that it would be probably better to define them as a leading trio," said Stephane Garelli, professor at the Lausanne, Switzerland-based IMD business school, publisher of the World Competitiveness Yearbook.
Despite high unemployment and debt, and continued market instability, the United States was better placed than European nations and others to attract new investments and help companies grow.
"The U.S. has weathered the risk of the financial and economic crises thanks to the sheer size of its economy, a stronger leadership in business and an unmatched supremacy in technology," Garelli said.
Switzerland and Australia rounded out the top five. Then came Sweden, Canada, Taiwan, Norway and Malaysia.

China continued its rise in the survey, reaching 18th and highlighting that it is no longer dependent on foreign markets buying up its cheap exports. It led fellow emerging economies India, 31; Brazil, 38; and Russia, 51.
Debt-laden Greece actually improved in the 2010 ranking, rising six places to 46th.
Venezuela ranked last for the fifth year in a row, preceded by Ukraine, Romania, Argentina and Croatia.

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/...ake-economic-competitiveness-swiss-study.html

diesel96

you just make this up as you go? Reagonimics fixed a recession worse then this one. At this point obamnomics has failed miserably. You and unionman are desperately clinging to a dead duck bounce of the stock market as proof the economy is turning around.

You hear the water rushing in? feel the ship listing to port? your obama ship is going down.

so the question is are you still trying to pin this on Bush or are you now giving obama some blame? Don't even try to tell me you think we have an economic recovery taking place?:rofl:

A recovery is happening. They always happen after an economy hits bottom. Obaba is doing everything he can to slow it down. Maybe he is right to keep unemployment high.

BBsam....these are just two Conservatives along with Lue, and BaBa, with skid marks in their underwears hoping and praying nothing goes right for this Administration, and when something obviously does they will never admit it. All they wish for is to get the keys back and sit in the driver's seat of the car they smashed up, when it comes out of the body shop in 2012....

BBsam....these are just two Conservatives along with Lue, and BaBa, with skid marks in their underwears hoping and praying nothing goes right for this Administration, and when something obviously does they will never admit it. All they wish for is to get the keys back and sit in the driver's seat of the car they smashed up, when it comes out of the body shop in 2012....

Not true, I have too much at stake for this administration to fail. I just can't give credit for no reason. Obaba is slowing this recovery, health care, fin. Reg, cap n trade, etc. He does not care about jobs, not yet anyway. Companies won't hire without knowing what their cost structure will be. Govt incompetence is helping keep unemployment high. I am in fact a huge government supporter. I bought some citi bank last week.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

So if making jobs is barry's #1 goal, then why hasn't he made any { government jobs don't count, I'm looking for jobs that help grow the economy } ?
He's had over 16 months.
maybe he'll do it after his next basketball or golf game.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
So if making jobs is barry's #1 goal, then why hasn't he made any { government jobs don't count, I'm looking for jobs that help grow the economy } ?
He's had over 16 months.
maybe he'll do it after his next basketball or golf game.

Maybe he will start after he does another world butt kissing tour..."the Messiah world poop shoot kissing tour part 2".