Is It Time To Disrupt Operations?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I see most daily as I still deliver the same area's. Other then losing the Express saver volume to ground and some of them occasionally having to work a split shift (extended lunch) due to volume. It's still pretty much the same as it was 8 years ago when I left.

Hmmmm. Let's see what we've lost over the last 8 years:

1. Pension Plan...kind of a big one there.

2. Profit Sharing

3. Personal Jumpseat (Business is OK because it saves Fred money)

4. Wages that have not even come close to keeping-up with the cost of living.

5. Decent insurance coverage. CIGNA contests almost everything now and Dental is limited to $1,000 per year. Davis Vision?...ha ha ha!!

And let's see what we've gained:

1. Oppressive and unfair injury and accident policies

2. BPP methods that are shoved down our throats incessantly and enforced via OLCC and letters.

3. Incompetent management that treats us like dirt while expecting constant increases in productivity.

4. A clear and distinct effort to rid the company of senior couriers. This is the basis for the current age discrimination suit that will probably go class action.

And much, much more.... yeah, nothing's changed at all. If it's such a great place, why don't you leave UPS and come back to Uncle Fred?

DS

Fenderbender
Dude, your posting this here in the browncafe is akin to UK guy taping his interview with Loss prevention and posting it here.Are you just hoping someone in the fedex hierarchy wont read it?,or are you hoping they will.
IMHO operations disruptions is a personal one being made by you to get fired.

New Englander

Hmmmm. Let's see what we've lost over the last 8 years:

1. Pension Plan...kind of a big one there.

2. Profit Sharing

3. Personal Jumpseat (Business is OK because it saves Fred money)

4. Wages that have not even come close to keeping-up with the cost of living.

5. Decent insurance coverage. CIGNA contests almost everything now and Dental is limited to $1,000 per year. Davis Vision?...ha ha ha!!

And let's see what we've gained:

1. Oppressive and unfair injury and accident policies

2. BPP methods that are shoved down our throats incessantly and enforced via OLCC and letters.

3. Incompetent management that treats us like dirt while expecting constant increases in productivity.

4. A clear and distinct effort to rid the company of senior couriers. This is the basis for the current age discrimination suit that will probably go class action.

And much, much more.... yeah, nothing's changed at all. If it's such a great place, why don't you leave UPS and come back to Uncle Fred?

Duh....the same reason I left. Me personally? If I'm going to be doing a job, I'm going to be driven to get the best compensation I can.

I'm not the one on here bitching and complaining to predominately UPS employee's about how my job at FedEx sucks.

So I must ask why are you still there?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dude, your posting this here in the browncafe is akin to UK guy taping his interview with Loss prevention and posting it here.Are you just hoping someone in the fedex hierarchy wont read it?,or are you hoping they will.
IMHO operations disruptions is a personal one being made by you to get fired.

I hope someone from the FedEx heirarchy does read this, along with the posts at The FedExaminer, FedUp, and other similar sites. Slowly but surely, a base of employees is building-up to the point where we'll eventually have a union. NewEnglander,myself, and a few others on here have the informed perspective of having worked for both companies. It's pretty simple to figure out who has the better deal. That's why he left, and why I'm leaving too. He disagrees with my take on things...that's fine with me.

At this point, I am just trying to get FedEx people to think about the raw deal they're getting, and to either leave or work towards a union. I've got a lot of friends who will never be able to have a decent retirement who somehow aren't able to fathom just how badly they're getting screwed. Working off the clock is way too common, as is working while injured, or being disciplined or terminated for simply following idiotic management instructions.

Maybe posting on this site is kind of liking peeing against the wind, but at least it's a start in the right direction. UPS people seldom read anything on these forums anyway, so why are you so concerned? This whole discussion has been confined to the Fedex Forums, and has not been on the Brown side. If you don't like it, stay on the other side of the fence.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've always found it silly that FedEx is classified as an airline in the first place. How absurd.

Exactly. Fred S's money has kept it that way since 1973. I'm always somewhat amazed that most UPSer's don't understand the tremendous competitive advantage this gives FedEx. It allows Smith to keep our wages and benefits artificially low and gives him a lot of leeway in pricing the air product line. If we went union, you'd see a major shift in business away from FedEx. Just another way that our government caters to the needs of the rich and powerful.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I can't take credit for this concept because I read it at FedExaminer, but all it would really take to completely disrupt operations would be to do EVERYTHING by the book. Exactly per policy, each and every time. The place would be in shambles the very first day. A brilliantly simple idea that management could not contest because they wrote the book. How about that Mr FedExAllTheWay? I could be a good little boy like you and wreak havoc just by being a model employee. How ironic.

G

Grunt

The problem unfortunately has always been the same: how do you get the message out to everyone? You have to succeed in this to make a difference. If not enough people are aware, the disruptions would be minor and likely have the opposite rather than intended effect.

You would need some sort of print, web and television campaign that would not only spread the word to employees, but also let customers know about the working conditions. A stoppage would have to occur on a critical day (like the day before Christmas, for instance). I think the publicity alone would require that it be at least a year in advance.

I agree with the premise, but something of this magnitude would require a great deal of financial backing, and it doesn't look like a fight the Teamsters are willing to take on (if they are even capable).

Overpaid Union Thug

Exactly. Fred S's money has kept it that way since 1973. I'm always somewhat amazed that most UPSer's don't understand the tremendous competitive advantage this gives FedEx. It allows Smith to keep our wages and benefits artificially low and gives him a lot of leeway in pricing the air product line. If we went union, you'd see a major shift in business away from FedEx. Just another way that our government caters to the needs of the rich and powerful.

I think its amazing that UPS is still miles ahead of FedEx when it comes to package volume even though FedEx hss that competitive advantage. Another thing that amazes me is how customers still prefer UPS over RPS (AKA "FedEx Ground") even though they are cheaper.

F

FedEx All the Way

Jealous are we! Go union and pay the teamsters your hard earned money every month - real smart. You complain all the time - go and see if the grass is greener on the other side - please stop! get out if you don't like it!

F

FedEx All the Way

I can't take credit for this concept because I read it at FedExaminer, but all it would really take to completely disrupt operations would be to do EVERYTHING by the book. Exactly per policy, each and every time. The place would be in shambles the very first day. A brilliantly simple idea that management could not contest because they wrote the book. How about that Mr FedExAllTheWay? I could be a good little boy like you and wreak havoc just by being a model employee. How ironic.

You really amaze me! Your so brilliant! Why couldn't I think of that? Oh! I know, just not as smart/educated as you are. Let's bring the company down - take everyone with us. Great thinking. Any more brilliant ideas? I keep asking you - why are you still there? can't find anything out there? or have you finally realized that the grass is not always greener on the other side so your still hanging on!!!!!
Listen Dude, get on with the program - it won't solve anything! As a matter of fact, you said you have friends working at FedEx - you'll be bringing them down as well. Oh well, if it doesn't work for you lets destroy it! GREAT THINKING!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Rah, Rah, Sis-Boom-Bah,GOOOOOOOOOOOOO FedEx!!! God, what a dumb Boy Scout you are, and such a good little cheerleader for Freddie. Do you have purple and orange pom-poms at home, or did your wife take them away? Have you ever heard the phrase "tongue in cheek"? Do you really think I'm suggesting bringing the company down? Get a clue, hapless one..

Let me spell it out for you, OK? What I AM advocating is getting the attention of the upper management that has been screwing us blind for years sans Vaseline. If that means shaking things up a bit by throwing a wrench into the machinery, so be it. It's sheep like you that have allowed it to happen, by just taking it in the rear over and over again, and never creating any adverse consequences for management. The longer they're allowed to do it, the worse it gets, and it's pretty bad right now.

The answer is a union, and refusing to go along with the present program. Wouldn't you like to be paid fairly for what you do and to receive a decent pension and good benefits too? The pilots went union because they were smart enough as a group to look out for their own interests. They now have one of the best compensation programs in the business.

By the way, thanks for continually praising me as intelligent. Considering the source, however, I view your compliment as more of an insult.

F

FedEx All the Way!

Rah, Rah, Sis-Boom-Bah,GOOOOOOOOOOOOO FedEx!!! God, what a dumb Boy Scout you are, and such a good little cheerleader for Freddie. Do you have purple and orange pom-poms at home, or did your wife take them away? Have you ever heard the phrase "tongue in cheek"? Do you really think I'm suggesting bringing the company down? Get a clue, hapless one..

Let me spell it out for you, OK? What I AM advocating is getting the attention of the upper management that has been screwing us blind for years sans Vaseline. If that means shaking things up a bit by throwing a wrench into the machinery, so be it. It's sheep like you that have allowed it to happen, by just taking it in the rear over and over again, and never creating any adverse consequences for management. The longer they're allowed to do it, the worse it gets, and it's pretty bad right now.

The answer is a union, and refusing to go along with the present program. Wouldn't you like to be paid fairly for what you do and to receive a decent pension and good benefits too? The pilots went union because they were smart enough as a group to look out for their own interests. They now have one of the best compensation programs in the business.

By the way, thanks for continually praising me as intelligent. Considering the source, however, I view your compliment as more of an insult.

WOW! You finally figured it out that I'm insulting you.

#1) Let me set you straight! I'm the wife of an employee who has been with the company for 15 years. My husband has worked very hard for the company (from the ground up) and has accomplished alot in his position with FedEx (no - he didn't start in Memphis sitting in a cubicle). As a matter of fact, he's worked so hard through the years with the company that the guy you keep insulting "Fred S" and his management have always appreciated that (he's always earned his paycheck honestly).

#2) The reason for the attacks to you is because you sound like an unappreciated human being. You sound like you would rather stay home and have your weekly paycheck mailed to you. Can't handle co-workers, please we all have them!

#3) If your trying to get the attention of upper management,I don't believe you are going about it the right way - , I just don't think it will work. As a matter of fact, I think with what you are proposing you will be hurting alot of hard working people. Did you stop and think that if you throw a wrench in the machine IT WILL BREAK! HELLO!!!!!!

#4) Creating a Union? Remember how the teamsters helped Eastern Airlines? Where are they now? They need to keep working for UPS and leave FedEx alone!

#5) I've never owned or will I ever own pom-poms. I'm just concerned for my husband regarding the economy and people loosing their jobs left and right. After reading your posts you sound very sad about your job - do us all a favor and just quit!

#6) Have a nice day!!!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Now I get it. Your husband works for FedEx and you're a Republican union-hater who doesn't have a clue what it's like to work for a living. Go on believing that unions are evil and that Smith is doing you a favor by giving your husband a job. Luckily, more and more actual employees of FedEx are finally starting to see how badly upper management has screwed them over the last 10 years. If you're capable of reading an annual report, please educate yourself as to how much Fred, Matt, and Dave (and many others) have been making while simultaneously taking away your husband's pension and profit sharing, amongst many other take-aways. In the meantime, FedEx Express wages have fallen so far behind the cost of living index as to be laughable. Hopefully, your poor husband is smarter than you are. I bet you wish George Bush could run for a third term...

F

FedEx All the Way!

Now I get it. Your husband works for FedEx and you're a Republican union-hater who doesn't have a clue what it's like to work for a living. Go on believing that unions are evil and that Smith is doing you a favor by giving your husband a job. Luckily, more and more actual employees of FedEx are finally starting to see how badly upper management has screwed them over the last 10 years. If you're capable of reading an annual report, please educate yourself as to how much Fred, Matt, and Dave (and many others) have been making while simultaneously taking away your husband's pension and profit sharing, amongst many other take-aways. In the meantime, FedEx Express wages have fallen so far behind the cost of living index as to be laughable. Hopefully, your poor husband is smarter than you are. I bet you wish George Bush could run for a third term...

You are so pathetic! As I have previously mentioned to you, my children attend a prestiguous private school. Therefore, my husband must be doing something right at FedEx! (ooooppppppssssss!!!!) your going to attack that statement as well.
A little hard work doesn't hurt anyone. You on the other hand want to stay home and collect a paycheck. Realty check Mr. it doesn't work that way! You sound like a little jealous 4 yr. old. who has had their favorite little toy taken away!
As far as being able to read an annual report, not even going to attempt that.
Do you even know what the cost of living index is? Do you even know what the unemployment rate is at right now! probably not because if you do you wouldn't be complaining so much.
Also, please let us not discuss politics.
See Ya!!!!!!!!!!
At this point, it useless trying to get through to you. You are a very sad individual, complain, complain, complain. You keep avoiding the question - "WHY ARE YOU STILL AT FEDEX?" Your probably not going to answer that question, because you sound like the that loves the attention.

LiL"Comet"

WOW! You finally figured it out that I'm insulting you.

#1) Let me set you straight! I'm the wife of an employee who has been with the company for 15 years. My husband has worked very hard for the company (from the ground up) and has accomplished alot in his position with FedEx (no - he didn't start in Memphis sitting in a cubicle). As a matter of fact, he's worked so hard through the years with the company that the guy you keep insulting "Fred S" and his management have always appreciated that (he's always earned his paycheck honestly).

#2) The reason for the attacks to you is because you sound like an unappreciated human being. You sound like you would rather stay home and have your weekly paycheck mailed to you. Can't handle co-workers, please we all have them!

#3) If your trying to get the attention of upper management,I don't believe you are going about it the right way - , I just don't think it will work. As a matter of fact, I think with what you are proposing you will be hurting alot of hard working people. Did you stop and think that if you throw a wrench in the machine IT WILL BREAK! HELLO!!!!!!

#4) Creating a Union? Remember how the teamsters helped Eastern Airlines? Where are they now? They need to keep working for UPS and leave FedEx alone!

#5) I've never owned or will I ever own pom-poms. I'm just concerned for my husband regarding the economy and people loosing their jobs left and right. After reading your posts you sound very sad about your job - do us all a favor and just quit!

#6) Have a nice day!!!!!!

ROCK ON TELL'M GIRL

I approve this message !!!!!:fan:

over9five

Staff member
She was doing good, until:

#5) I've never owned or will I ever own pom-poms.

Nothing wrong with a girl having pom-poms! Sometimes my wife gets out the pom-poms and the cheerleader outfit, and ********* ***************** ************************** ************ **************************** ********************* *** ****************** ************ ****************************** ******************** * * ******************* ************************** **************** ******************.

edited by Over9five. Reason: Innapropriate discussion.....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow, the "Soccer Mom" really told me, didn't she? And Lil' Comet, you sure have the mental artillery to take me down, don't you? Neither of you even work for FedEx, but you're both "experts" when it comes to analyzing the way FedEx upper management treats it's employees. Sorry, but your credibility is zero.

Once again, I'll suggest to FedExAllThe Way that the average FT courier only makes around $50,000 per year, and that your prestigious private school cannot be very expensive. Maybe you've got a great job that supplements your husband's low income, or maybe you live in an area of the country where homes only cost around $200,000....I don't know. Maybe he's in management. If so, you have my sincerest condolences.

Also, please tell me how you and your family are going to be able to retire on your husband's non-pension? If you could actually understand an annual report, you'd know that his retirement has largely gone away in order to pay the incredible salaries and benefits of the FedEx elite. Fred and his brethren look down upon hourly employees as just dog meat. We are completely disposable at all times.

It always amazes me how clueless some people at FedEx are when it comes to their compensation and benefits. I'm guessing the average UPS package car driver comes in at around $75,000 per year, with a full pension and benefits package, PLUS a union that will fight to save your job when an overzealous supervisor gets out of hand. Feeder drivers probably do a little better than that.

I'm sorry that neither of you are smart enough to figure it out. A union is on the way whether you like it or not.

LiL"Comet"

Wow, the "Soccer Mom" really told me, didn't she? And Lil' Comet, you sure have the mental artillery to take me down, don't you? Neither of you even work for FedEx, but you're both "experts" when it comes to analyzing the way FedEx upper management treats it's employees. Sorry, but your credibility is zero.

Once again, I'll suggest to FedExAllThe Way that the average FT courier only makes around $50,000 per year, and that your prestigious private school cannot be very expensive. Maybe you've got a great job that supplements your husband's low income, or maybe you live in an area of the country where homes only cost around $200,000....I don't know. Maybe he's in management. If so, you have my sincerest condolences.

Also, please tell me how you and your family are going to be able to retire on your husband's non-pension? If you could actually understand an annual report, you'd know that his retirement has largely gone away in order to pay the incredible salaries and benefits of the FedEx elite. Fred and his brethren look down upon hourly employees as just dog meat. We are completely disposable at all times.

It always amazes me how clueless some people at FedEx are when it comes to their compensation and benefits. I'm guessing the average UPS package car driver comes in at around $75,000 per year, with a full pension and benefits package, PLUS a union that will fight to save your job when an overzealous supervisor gets out of hand. Feeder drivers probably do a little better than that.

I'm sorry that neither of you are smart enough to figure it out. A union is on the way whether you like it or not.

Mr. FedEx I will give you two things....

1 Your right I do not know how upper management treats there employees @ fedex

2 I do not know anything about FedEx annual report it's not that I'm not smart enough I don't care to know.

This is what I do know or have come to a opinion on when it comes to you sir...

It takes a pretty Minuit man who would say anything about someones children or bring them into these discussions saying things like you do. That if this is something that's has been going down hill starting 8 yrs ago you are still there, still belly aching, still bitching, still walking through those doors everyday putting up with excuse me I meant still eating ***********************everyday you have no one to blame but yourself. It sounds like your just a person who likes to bitch and gripe about something and not follow through with any amount of action you proclaim to have or going to take.... Its like some one who is 100 lbs over weight that complains all the time about being fat and they want to loose weight.. and still setting there ******* on the couch with biggie fry, 2 double cheese burgers, and lets not forget about the 2 liter Pepsi to wash that healthy meal down instead of getting off that *******and actually doing something called exercise. Most jobs are not perfect but if I was as unhappy as you sound with your career at FedEx I don't give a dang if I had to quite and flip burgers for a living seems you would do so or find something else and it not take you nearly a decade to get out of such a hell hole (I'm not sure if its a hell hole or not but that's what you make it out to be sweetie) So I know the question has been asked to you a dozen times by now.

Seriously why are you still there?? as smart as your are??:smart:

Last edited by a moderator:

LiL"Comet"

Oh!! almost forgot your right again I'm not employed at FedEx I work for ups (guess doing what) Ya I know you just said to yourself I DONT CARE :p

My brother worked for FedEx about 3 yrs ago for about 6 yrs seen how things were there and decided to go in a different career path, Different strokes for different folks boy I'm glad he did leave cause if he didn't, if he was still there and as unhappy as you are I wouldn't be able to stand to be around him.:angry: Its not healthy to be that way