Is It Time To Take The Next Step?

Mr Fedex

Banned
Is it time to start disrupting FedEx Express operations? I talked about this a few months ago but recent events make the subject much more pertinent today.

It's clear that upper management is still playing the same old game of ignoring us and hoping we'll go away. They act like nothing's wrong and that everybody is a happy camper. It's fine with them if we continue to move backwards in terms of wages and benefits. Right now, we're at about 1998, and if they get their way, we'll continue to move back in time towards the Stone Age.

There are many things we can all do on a daily basis to make them pay attention, from just slowing down and doing everything by the book, to more radical actions that defy policy and risk retaliation. It wouldn't be difficult to slow things down by 10% and keep everyone within "policy".

Do you want to work for a WalMart clone, or do you want a better future than that? Perhaps it's time to step-up and cause some "problems".

So sad how bad you want to hurt a company that has provided for your family.You are approaching 60,its hard for seniors to get a good paying job nowadays.

Rhoderunner

Dude you don't need to agree with his views but digging up 3 year old posts just to give the guy a jab is really damn pathetic. Grow up or move on.

Mr Fedex

Banned
Dude you don't need to agree with his views but digging up 3 year old posts just to give the guy a jab is really damn pathetic. Grow up or move on.
I dont attack him like the way he attacks everyone else.I never said one thing about him loving Michael Moore and all his movies.Thats his business.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So sad how bad you want to hurt a company that has provided for your family.You are approaching 60,its hard for seniors to get a good paying job nowadays.

Is this a new tactic (as someone else suggested) of clogging the site with old posts so more pertinent ones get overlooked? If so, you must really be getting panicky about the growth this site has experienced as of late. You have no idea how old I am either, so that comment is straight from your ass.

Thanks though, for bringing-up the need to fight back against FedEx. Any job "provides" for your family, and over the years FedEx has steadily provided less and less while expecting more. I don't appreciate an employer that doesn't live-up to promises it made to employees who made their life and career decisions thinking FedEx was honorable. How many of us would have made this company a career if we had known in advance that they were going to have so many takeaways? Not many.

Fred took, and continues to take simply because he can. Even when Express was making profit hand over fist, the bastard kept taking. What does that say about Fred S and his crap company?

Oh, and you know where you can stick your PM "apology".

Mr Fedex

Banned
Is this a new tactic (as someone else suggested) of clogging the site with old posts so more pertinent ones get overlooked? If so, you must really be getting panicky about the growth this site has experienced as of late. You have no idea how old I am either, so that comment is straight from your ass.

Thanks though, for bringing-up the need to fight back against FedEx. Any job "provides" for your family, and over the years FedEx has steadily provided less and less while expecting more. I don't appreciate an employer that doesn't live-up to promises it made to employees who made their life and career decisions thinking FedEx was honorable. How many of us would have made this company a career if we had known in advance that they were going to have so many takeaways? Not many.

Fred took, and continues to take simply because he can. Even when Express was making profit hand over fist, the bastard kept taking. What does that say about Fred S and his crap company?

Oh, and you know where you can stick your PM "apology".

Blah blah.Go look at you earlier posts on this forum.They weren't so crazy.Now i fear you have gone over the edge.You need help.You will probably respond that im the one drinking the kool-aid blah blah blah.Its old. Give it up.I will pray for you.

Mr Fedex

Banned
Do you plan on adding anything of substance to the forum or are you here just to stalk MFE?

Let me ask you a question.What does MFE add to this forum? All he talks about is his opinion on Fedex.Am i free to say my opinion on Fedex as well? I think its a great company to work for.I know UPS makes more but i do less than half the work they do and I get $26.99 an hour to deliver envelopes.

Rhoderunner

Everyone is free to express their options, on that there is no debate. MFE also provides facts and points out things otherwise overlooked. Now if you agree with these or not is entirely ones own choice. So with your options please also provide facts or point out that things to show us that there will not be a major quality of life change for the hourly workforce. We can all tell tales of the past glory days of how wonderful a life this company provided for us and our families. Right now the discussion is about what is about to happen. The loss of freight for you to deliver. The potential loss of hours. The talk is negative. You want to be positive. Give us reason without harking back to yesteryear because those days are gone my friend. Yes 26.99/hr is good. What else do you have....

vantexan

Let me ask you a question.What does MFE add to this forum? All he talks about is his opinion on Fedex.Am i free to say my opinion on Fedex as well? I think its a great company to work for.I know UPS makes more but i do less than half the work they do and I get $26.99 an hour to deliver envelopes.

I'm almost to 14 years since being rehired. Do you think I should be excited that I'm getting $18.17hr? You must be topped out in either the highest L or J payscales. So you live in a very expensive area. Will you do as well when you suddenly get 36-37 hrs a week? I'm on the lowest payscale, and have to work about 42.5 hrs to make what a topped out courier makes on 35(on this B payscale). Do you think I'll be on easy street when I'm down to near 35 hrs? And there are those that make less than me. People come on here and say you've been told to live like you only get 35 hrs. That was way back when we topped out in a reasonable time. Now it looks like we'll have to struggle just to hang on. Fine for top-out, although still a bit tough for them. But really bad for us. I'm planning to just exist for a few years then quit. Is this the company you are proud to be a part of "for life"?

Everyone needs to go ahead and take the next step which would be to find another job and then quit before October. Why waste your time doing anything else ? The only way possible for anyone on this board to change whats going to happen would be to be at the top with Fred and then you might have a very minor chance of changing some things. Time to move on to bigger and much better things because believe it or not there are much better companies to work for that have ten times the benefits. Good luck on your search and remember its easier to find a job when less people are looking for one.

TUT

Everyone needs to go ahead and take the next step which would be to find another job and then quit before October.

It is the only really reasonable answer if you are that disturb with whatever situation you are in. Whatever they decide if it's legal, is going to be what it is and if you truly know the "surprise" is going to happen, you might as well get a head start vs those that wait it out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Blah blah.Go look at you earlier posts on this forum.They weren't so crazy.Now i fear you have gone over the edge.You need help.You will probably respond that im the one drinking the kool-aid blah blah blah.Its old. Give it up.I will pray for you.

Your new strategy seems to be failing...badly. Why am I not surpised? Actually, thanks for bringing-up some of these old topics, because they are especially pertinent today given what's about to happen. Maybe you should pray for yourself, because you clearly need some help.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm almost to 14 years since being rehired. Do you think I should be excited that I'm getting $18.17hr? You must be topped out in either the highest L or J payscales. So you live in a very expensive area. Will you do as well when you suddenly get 36-37 hrs a week? I'm on the lowest payscale, and have to work about 42.5 hrs to make what a topped out courier makes on 35(on this B payscale). Do you think I'll be on easy street when I'm down to near 35 hrs? And there are those that make less than me. People come on here and say you've been told to live like you only get 35 hrs. That was way back when we topped out in a reasonable time. Now it looks like we'll have to struggle just to hang on. Fine for top-out, although still a bit tough for them. But really bad for us. I'm planning to just exist for a few years then quit. Is this the company you are proud to be a part of "for life"?

It is beyond FedEx4Life's capacity to understand the multi-level market scam and/or the topout scam. Because he makes $26.99 per hour that means everyone else is "just fine" too. Not quite. It should be obvious that the whole deal is a scam, but apparently not for some who aren't very sharp. The next time you talk to a UPS driver on the dock, ask them what their pension payout is per month. It might be a rather unpleasant surprise.

vantexan

It is the only really reasonable answer if you are that disturb with whatever situation you are in. Whatever they decide if it's legal, is going to be what it is and if you truly know the "surprise" is going to happen, you might as well get a head start vs those that wait it out.

Yeah let's get the jump on all those FedExers. Wait, what's that huge crowd doing over at the unemployment office? What do you mean there are millions out looking for good jobs too? Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Not a conspiracy theorist, but it's almost as if corporate America got together to blow up the economy so that they could drive down wages and strip benefits. With the Federal Gov'ts blessing and backing. Everything's for show, and we're all getting manipulated. Wait, maybe I am a conspiracy theorist.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah let's get the jump on all those FedExers. Wait, what's that huge crowd doing over at the unemployment office? What do you mean there are millions out looking for good jobs too? Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Not a conspiracy theorist, but it's almost as if corporate America got together to blow up the economy so that they could drive down wages and strip benefits. With the Federal Gov'ts blessing and backing. Everything's for show, and we're all getting manipulated. Wait, maybe I am a conspiracy theorist.
Yep. Started 30 years ago under Reagan. Been going strong ever since. Welcome to your nightmare.