Is it worth it to be a part-time supervisor?

A

AikenRooster

Our supervisors are ok, but I’d never want the job. It would get old training new hires over and over and over and none of them sticking around.

JustDeliverIt

Would like to know in case I'm ever asked I'm assuming the answer is hell no but I'd like to hear from guys who did it.

If this is a short term job for you, go for it. You'll make more money for the little while you're here. If you plan on making a career out of UPS, stay a union employee. The long term benefits, IMO, are far better.

Ghost in the Darkness

Do you smoke or would like to learn how to deal with your mental stress? Would you like to do very little physical work? Do you like the idea of hourlies hating you? If you answered yes to any or all then management might be for you.

handleubb29392

Do you smoke or would like to learn how to deal with your mental stress? Would you like to do very little physical work? Do you like the idea of hourlies hating you? If you answered yes to any or all then management might be for you.
I swear one of my supervisors likes being hated continues to be a dick despite constant complaints

nWo

If you want to be management why not take a FT management position? There's no requirement to be pt sup first.

BabyButterfly99

Only if you’re a college student and have no intention of sticking around long term.
I just quit however I was a part time sup and I can say it was by far the worst job I've ever had. You're literally a verbal punching bag for everyone because the boss blames you for problems with the loaders but then you can't do anything to the loaders and the loaders have no respect for you because they know you can't do anything. Also in reference to college this may just be my building but another part time sup was in college told them his hours they constantly made him late and he was run so thin he was getting hurt and sick all the time and ended up dropping out. Not worth it imo