Is Morningstar Retirement Manager Worth it?

brown metal coffin

Im looking in my 401k and pondering using the Morningstar retirement manager and wonder is the annual fee is worth it? Is anyone currently using it and what do and don't you like about it?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not worth it all imo. Our 401k choices are very simple and your investment choices should be pretty obvious after about 15-20 minutes of research.

an american

so what good is an investment firm that cant predict future investments i may as well play the ponies. Well in this country today since this guys some people call president to office from the people im down 80,000 in 401. So how will i get that back?

anonymous23456

Past performances are not the prediction of future performances. In a way, investment in securities market is a form of gamble. The focus is managing risk. I would say safe and diversified index funds/etf are the best you can do.

"C'mon you sons-of-bitches, do you want to live forever!" ~ GySgt Dan Daley at the Battle of Belleau Wood WWI.

Fenris

so what good is an investment firm that cant predict future investments i may as well play the ponies. Well in this country today since this guys some people call president to office from the people im down 80,000 in 401. So how will i get that back?
I don't use investment firms. The S&P 500 over a 7 year stretch basically beats any actively managed investment. The market goes up and down. it will rebound eventually - keep putting money in. I'm down a few hundred thousand and not terribly worried.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That is where all plans differ, the fees paid.

It costs me less than $2/month in fees since I have everything the S&P Fund.
As others have said, the market goes up & down.
Time is your best friend.
Be bold and stay the course.

clarnzz

I did it once just to see and all it basically amounted to was that all the bright horizon stuff and everything besides the S and P 500 is stupid,

clarnzz

It is kinda funny though when one of your co workers who doesn’t really follow the markets or know much about money will say something like “The Mid Cap index has done really well for me”. Not many of my co workers really like to talk about savings and retirement though and you are pretty much shunned for ever even bringing it up.