Is orion ever going to improve?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does evulotion include stupidity?
Why does Orion want me to save a stop for the afternoon when it is right next to or around the corner from one I deliver in the morning?
Why does Orion have me save a business for afternoon delivery when I do their pickup when they turn their deliveries around for shipment that same day?
Why does Orion have me cross my own trace 70 stops later?

I think you get my point.....
It’s a poor system that is ONLY looking for saved miles between stops.... it doesn’t take in consideration that if you pass that 500k business and deliver them at 2 instead of 930 that they take their business elsewhere....but we saved that 1/4 of a mile though...smmfh!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It’s a poor system that is ONLY looking for saved miles between stops.... it doesn’t take in consideration that if you pass that 500k business and deliver them at 2 instead of 930 that they take their business elsewhere....but we saved that 1/4 of a mile though...smmfh!!!
I have no idea how it plans on saving miles sometimes though. Had next door neighbors it had me deliver 6 hours apart a few weeks back. How does that save miles?

I run a route that’s already really screwed up. Used to you deliver to town a then drive 10 miles to deliver town b. In the middle of the day you break from town B to go make pick ups in town A. Then back to town B to finish deliveries. Would be so much simpler if we started in town B then finished in town A. There would be no breaking.

Now if you follow Orion you’d break from town B back to town A 3 separate times through the day. No idea how that’s supposed to save miles.

PT Car Washer

Saved a 1/4 mile while at the same time several air drivers are driving hundreds of miles everyday running misloads around usually at top driver rate.

bumped

I have no idea how it plans on saving miles sometimes though. Had next door neighbors it had me deliver 6 hours apart a few weeks back. How does that save miles?

I run a route that’s already really screwed up. Used to you deliver to town a then drive 10 miles to deliver town b. In the middle of the day you break from town B to go make pick ups in town A. Then back to town B to finish deliveries. Would be so much simpler if we started in town B then finished in town A. There would be no breaking.

Now if you follow Orion you’d break from town B back to town A 3 separate times through the day. No idea how that’s supposed to save miles.

I follow Orion religiously. I just laugh when I get a townhouse in the morning and deliver the other side of the townhouse in the afternoon. I walk down the same walkway to deliver each of them with the doors 4 feet apart.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Would these be the same drivers who mis-deliver daily because they never look at the package address?
Would these be the same drivers who would skip every delivery to drive 25 miles out of town to deliver a mom and pop business who has been out in the sticks since they opened but expect a delivery by 12?
Would these be the same drivers....I think you get the point.
Evolve or go out of business.

Sounds more like inefficiency is ok as long as it at the company's direction and less like evolution. So far Orion has proven to be an evolutionary dead end. I welcome any changes that would make the job easier and more efficient. Orion, the way it is being implemented and maintained, is not such a change.

onewithedd

Would these be the same drivers who mis-deliver daily because they never look at the package address?
Would these be the same drivers who would skip every delivery to drive 25 miles out of town to deliver a mom and pop business who has been out in the sticks since they opened but expect a delivery by 12?
would this be the same driver who pulls up to a multi story office building at 11am for which Orion says I have ten ground packages to deliver but there are really 12 two of which are NDA savers that Orion doesn’t show me to deliver until later in the day on my pick ups of which one goes to an office which the ground was for?

IT SURE THE EFF IS!! Why? BECAUSE I JUST DON’T GIVE A DAMN ANYMORE!!!

Indecisi0n

If they actually spent time updating the system it could work . Most of management doesn't even know how to do that which is why it's only getting worse .

You just don’t get it. Everyday is a crappy plan with Orion. I saved 186 miles last week. That should not be possible. Another words Orion wanted to add 186 miles on my vehicles last weeek.

would this be the same driver who pulls up to a multi story office building at 11am for which Orion says I have ten ground packages to deliver but there are really 12 two of which are NDA savers that Orion doesn’t show me to deliver until later in the day on my pick ups of which one goes to an office which the ground was for?

IT SURE THE EFF IS!! Why? BECAUSE I JUST DON’T GIVE A DAMN ANYMORE!!!
Classic failure.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Pretty sure it's been said many times so company can do whatever they want with orion if it makes them feel better but just give us back RDO please so we don't have to scroll through the stupid board all day.

JustDeliverIt

I recently bid a route and the Orion "solution" is a joke. RDO is set up perfectly in the truck, taking into account one way streets and delivering one side of busy streets at a time. In the short time I've been on it, I can't use the board. I just go in back and deliver in order what's on the shelf. Orion has actually made the job harder.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I get the fact that you see a lot of dumb stuff.

But... I climb over my three largest bulk stops to fetch one small from my 8000 shelf for my first stop. Also, Orion thinks it’s a good idea to fight my post office till around 16:00. 50+ scans, 15 or so bags. We both know that’s over 100 packages.

Can we talk about “Perfect Service Monday”? As if Tue-Fri aren’t important...

Is this evolution?

Overpaid Union Thug

Apparently evolving includes delivering ground to a commercial stop in the AM and coming back to SAID stop after 1500 to deliver NDA Savers. THEN finally being able to deliver that random resi that was skipped six hours prior. Meanwhile....Amazon and FedEx Ground (who used to seem very disorganized to everyone) suddenly seems to have their :censored2: together without having to change a thing.

SafetyFirst

Computer programs can mostly drive vehicles by themselves at this point. I don't believe there is much left that a computer can't do or won't eventually be able to do better than a human.

That being said Orion is a mess. They don't even bother with it in my center's. They're not allowed to turn it off anymore but they don't pursue any kind of compliance and have explicitly told about 10 drivers that they are directed not to follow it. If this is the attitude coming from management, that we are just to work around the program how is it ever going to get better? Management actually provides printouts of reguare DOL for any driver that wants one.

I get the feeling my or my center's experience with Orion is far from unique.

Indecisi0n

You're just not seeing the big picture .

Johney

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.