Is orion ever going to improve?

Overpaid Union Thug

Is everyone else currently on the Orion compliance push? My center is back to pushing it after not mentioning it once for the previous 8 months or so.
I've been trying my best to stay at 100% or as close to it as possible every since they've took RDO away. As far as my stop count and paid day is concerned I can honestly say that ORION has been the best thing ever. Methodically following ORION while on the 9.5 list has reduced my stop count and paid day. If my work load isn't reduced then following ORION almost always results in an over 9.5 with workloads that were typically under 9 hours prior to ORION being forced down our throats.

So, from a selfish standpoint I love ORION. For someone worried about the future of the company I work for.....ORION is garbage. We aren't saving enough miles to justify the cost. Anyone who claims otherwise is ignorant of the fact that UPS is drastically fudging the numbers to reflect the affectedness or are doing so themselves. If each and every driver with ORION would actually follow it the company would be forced to turn it off because even they wouldn't be able to fudge the numbers to cover the failures (across many metrics). But there are too many that are too chicken :censored2: to do so or because they aren't willing to work a little later during the short term to fix a long term problem.

Yes, there are some country routes, and maybe a few suburban ones in some centers where ORION kinda works. But in reality ORION as a whole is a huge failure.

JL 0513

Nope, still browbeating us about telematics.

What's hilarious is that they started back up the Orion push at the same time as going crazy on backing.

It's like fire and ice. Orion is fire, backing is ice.Don't melt the ice guys!

Management never wants to hear about it when someone triets to school them on how Orion works. It works by a reversal of direction 50 times a day. Many of those times require lot of driving if you don't back to reverse direction. If that's what they want...

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Yes, there are some country routes, and maybe a few suburban ones in some centers where ORION kinda works. But in reality ORION as a whole is a huge failure.

It's not working on country routes either. It's great. My stop count keeps going down yet my planned day stays the same. I'm getting paid to drive past the same llama farm 3 times before finally delivering to them. The poor llamas get all excited when they see me, only to have their hopes crushed repeatedly until about 4pm when I finally roll in.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's not working on country routes either. It's great. My stop count keeps going down yet my planned day stays the same. I'm getting paid to drive past the same llama farm 3 times before finally delivering to them. The poor llamas get all excited when they see me, only to have their hopes crushed repeatedly until about 4pm when I finally roll in.
It works on some of our rural routes. If they don't have pickups and IF the dispatcher dispatches the NDAs to the correct drivers instead of based on certain drivers' preferences.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
gosh darn. Saturdays in particular. Went from getting back to the building around 6:30 my way to getting back past 8. Don't mind the overtime, but :censored2:, how are we ever going to compete with amazon with this :censored2:? It's downright silly. Also, lewis, ludis, whatever his name is, quack math. 'oh, look math, einstein uses math' Make it work or go home without a job like everyone else. /drunkrant
It will not get better
Just keep fixing it for them and stay with your HIN numbers

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
What exactly are you doing to the llamas?

Is that even legal in your state?

rod

Retired 22 years
Would these be the same drivers who mis-deliver daily because they never look at the package address?
Would these be the same drivers who would skip every delivery to drive 25 miles out of town to deliver a mom and pop business who has been out in the sticks since they opened but expect a delivery by 12?
Would these be the same drivers....I think you get the point.
Evolve or go out of business.

Every business that I was EXPECTED to go out of my way for was because they had complained to UPS management either at my center or to Minneapolis and those people didn't have the balls to say NO. My first stop of the day was an auto parts store in the middle of the town I delivered to who allowed UPS to put a Letter Box out front IF they got first thing delivery. So every day I would drive to the center of town - deliver that one stop and then start my next day air.

SafetyFirst

At least in my center's management only manages to the reports. They're so worried about 1000 other things nobody ever stops to question if something is working right.

We're onto pickup compliance for the last week or so and guys are breaking off route to make pickups that are left outside or pickups listed for 3:00 when the place doesn't close till after 5. Can't sheet the pickup if you're not there because that is falsifying and we've been reminded that I guess some guys were doing it to be in compliance.

After a week of that crap all their other metrics are getting messed up sporh miles over allowed in some cases. Now they're telling guys to do all types of shady :censored2: but nobody actually ever addresses the problem. Same thing with Orion, all they're looking for is a quick fix or any way they can make it to tomorrow without blowing up on a report somewhere. It's insane.

Dough99

Does anyone really believe a Center Manager actually knows what's going on with orion? Lol they are like the equivalent of a manager at McDonald's. They have no say in anything and are told nothing.

Seriously they didn't even know RDO was going away until it was gone.

Dough99

Does anyone really believe a Center Manager actually knows what's going on with orion? Lol they are like the equivalent of a manager at McDonald's. They have no say in anything and are told nothing.

Seriously they didn't even know RDO was going away until it was gone.

Dr.Brownz

Just wait...Orion 3.0 rolls out in a couple of weeks/months depending where you are.

I would bet your area (DriverNerd) has never been updated since that ride. Crappy plan = Crappy Orion.

I bet it will be so great you management clowns won't even have to falsify numbers daily to try to justify your worthless jobs

MDX91

I just want to know how and why this is still being used as is. All that crap they preach about 10 extra seconds a stop costing you hours by the end of the day? Yeah. Now add all the extra times you have to wait for traffic turning left, all the extra lights you have to sit at several times over, per stop, per day, per driver, across the country. No wonder we can't afford :censored2:ing pens. I can't believe that the people who make the really big bucks running this company aren't aware of how :censored2:ty orion currently is, as in I don't, and I have to wonder, why the :censored2: is it being pushed? What are they getting out of it? Because the company is getting :censored2:ed up the ass with orion and it just seems to beg for more, and the math behind those numbers can't be that hard to see for the accountants.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm improving.. no more white gold on the road & I'm clocking out at 1900 the latest instead of 0300!

Sometimes if I'm done earlier, I'll volunteer to help others who are slammed to make sure they don't stay out until midnight

BlackCat

For me, today was a prime example of ORIONS complete failure.

I had a NDA package that normally would have been my second stop of the day.

Instead it wanted me to completely skip this stop (they only had the 1 pkg) and come back to deliver this time committed pkg after completing another 10 stops.

Funny thing is that if it was a ground pkg, it would have me make it my second stop as normal.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
For me, today was a prime example of ORIONS complete failure.

I had a NDA package that normally would have been my second stop of the day.

Instead it wanted me to completely skip this stop (they only had the 1 pkg) and come back to deliver this time committed pkg after completing another 10 stops.

Funny thing is that if it was a ground pkg, it would have me make it my second stop as normal.
Just like always....UPS creates 99% of its own problems. Gives all the office buzzards something to do during the day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just wait...Orion 3.0 rolls out in a couple of weeks/months depending where you are.

I would bet your area (DriverNerd) has never been updated since that ride. Crappy plan = Crappy Orion.
You still drink the ORION koolaid because you are safe behind a desk and will never have to set foot in a package car and actually try to follow it.
My ORION is shut off and written out of the plan. I have RDO only.
I got a copy of the 340 methods, highlighted all the ones that directly conflict with ORION, and threatened to file a grievance for over supervision, harrassment and past practice if they didnt shut it off.
Problem solved.