Is orion ever going to improve?

542thruNthru

Does anyone really believe a Center Manager actually knows what's going on with orion? Lol they are like the equivalent of a manager at McDonald's. They have no say in anything and are told nothing.

Seriously they didn't even know RDO was going away until it was gone.

UPSjedi41

9FB407FA-6526-4E2B-A6EC-6EDC3F2485F0.jpeg
gosh darn. Saturdays in particular. Went from getting back to the building around 6:30 my way to getting back past 8. Don't mind the overtime, but :censored2:, how are we ever going to compete with amazon with this :censored2:? It's downright silly. Also, lewis, ludis, whatever his name is, quack math. 'oh, look math, einstein uses math' Make it work or go home without a job like everyone else. /drunkrant

Driver7906

Orion is never going to work. It’s a major failure on the company’s part and an enormous, unnecessary waste of money.

Corporate decisions like that make me worry about the future of UPS.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does anyone really believe a Center Manager actually knows what's going on with orion? Lol they are like the equivalent of a manager at McDonald's. They have no say in anything and are told nothing.

An oms and a pt. Night sup could do everything a center manager does for 1/2 the cost....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I’m a small center but yeah mine does. He was on car with me a few ago and wAs bitching the whole time about what Orion was having us do.

JL 0513

If UPS contracted Google to write the program, it would work like a charm. They seem to have used second rate programmers to build it and here we are are.

As complex as it is to create routing solutions for UPS, the complexity of Google's search engine or Facebook makes it look like 2+2.

dudebro

You say "crappy plan"
There would not have been a crappy plan if UPS had not implemented a crappy program that is so flawed that it can't lead itself out of a figurative paper bag.
There is not a single computer program out there that can out think and out perform the mind and experience of a properly trained driver. UPS threw proper training of drivers out the window when they decided to dumb down the job.
Now we have to deal with drivers that let the damned diad lead them around all day long following the crappy enhanced solution. Instead of having been taught the value of developing area knowledge and the value of servicing commercial before residential deliveries we now have repeated service issues and look like fools. Drivers are forced not to care at all about service because of crappy orion solutions that place businesses on the 8000 shelf.
OH and now we will have dynamic orion because if UPS cannot make us use the orion solution then they will force us to use it.
AI is outperforming doctors on cancer screening and lawyers on conversations relevant to a particular legal matter, but delivering a commercial before 5pm is unsolvable in your mind. Not for too much longer.. .

tadpole

AI is outperforming doctors on cancer screening and lawyers on conversations relevant to a particular legal matter, but delivering a commercial before 5pm is unsolvable in your mind. Not for too much longer.. .
Of course Orion could be improved to the point where it is useful. I don’t know how much I trust that UPS will get it there. But the issue is that Orion sux now.

JL 0513

Is everyone else currently on the Orion compliance push? My center is back to pushing it after not mentioning it once for the previous 8 months or so.