Is orion ever going to improve?

MDX91

gosh darn. Saturdays in particular. Went from getting back to the building around 6:30 my way to getting back past 8. Don't mind the overtime, but :censored2:, how are we ever going to compete with amazon with this :censored2:? It's downright silly. Also, lewis, ludis, whatever his name is, quack math. 'oh, look math, einstein uses math' Make it work or go home without a job like everyone else. /drunkrant

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
gosh darn. Saturdays in particular. Went from getting back to the building around 6:30 my way to getting back past 8. Don't mind the overtime, but :censored2:, how are we ever going to compete with amazon with this :censored2:? It's downright silly. Also, lewis, ludis, whatever his name is, quack math. 'oh, look math, einstein uses math' Make it work or go home without a job like everyone else. /drunkrant
8-ball.jpg

DriverNerd

I knew this was going to be a disaster from my Orion certification ride all those years ago - you know the drive with the guy with the computer to input things like no left turn, divided highway, etc. Well they shuttled out late air that day and he said "well this day is screwed" and went back in with the air shuttle at noon.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I knew this was going to be a disaster from my Orion certification ride all those years ago - you know the drive with the guy with the computer to input things like no left turn, divided highway, etc. Well they shuttled out late air that day and he said "well this day is screwed" and went back in with the air shuttle at noon.

Just wait...Orion 3.0 rolls out in a couple of weeks/months depending where you are.

I would bet your area (DriverNerd) has never been updated since that ride. Crappy plan = Crappy Orion.

Just wait...Orion 3.0 rolls out in a couple of weeks/months depending where you are.

I would bet your area (DriverNerd) has never been updated since that ride. Crappy plan = Crappy Orion.
Will Orion 3.0 eliminate pickups? Will Orion 3.0 plan to not skip stops? Will Orion 3.0 plan to reduce backs? Will Orion 3.0 plan to deliver business before they close?

If Orion can plan to deliver per the methods, it wouldn’t matter what “plan” was implemented.

bumped

Orion can't get updated because UPS changes our dispatcher every year. By the time our new dispatcher gets comfortable in the position they are moved.

gman042

Been around the block a few times

You say "crappy plan"
There would not have been a crappy plan if UPS had not implemented a crappy program that is so flawed that it can't lead itself out of a figurative paper bag.
There is not a single computer program out there that can out think and out perform the mind and experience of a properly trained driver. UPS threw proper training of drivers out the window when they decided to dumb down the job.
Now we have to deal with drivers that let the damned diad lead them around all day long following the crappy enhanced solution. Instead of having been taught the value of developing area knowledge and the value of servicing commercial before residential deliveries we now have repeated service issues and look like fools. Drivers are forced not to care at all about service because of crappy orion solutions that place businesses on the 8000 shelf.
OH and now we will have dynamic orion because if UPS cannot make us use the orion solution then they will force us to use it.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Just google the articles released on orion for some laughs. The company should just give up this flawed system and throw in the towel. I remember when some managers were talking about how UPS was going to sell orion to other companies to make bring in the big bucks lol. So out of touch like these articles.

clean hairy

Sell Orion to the competition, go back to drivers using common sense to run the routes.
Laugh all day every day as the competion is running Orion going all over the place like chickens with no heads!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sell Orion to the competition, go back to drivers using common sense to run the routes.
Laugh all day every day as the competion is running Orion going all over the place like chickens with no heads!
I hate to disappoint you but we (the competition) already have a program that’s just as useless as ORION called DRA. It also has our couriers running in circles and backtracking to make deliveries. I have a feeling it’s the same program with a different name. Lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sounds like not enough routes are in because they have to save it for Monday? Why have Saturday then? Are we earning money on it?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You say "crappy plan"
There would not have been a crappy plan if UPS had not implemented a crappy program that is so flawed that it can't lead itself out of a figurative paper bag.
There is not a single computer program out there that can out think and out perform the mind and experience of a properly trained driver. UPS threw proper training of drivers out the window when they decided to dumb down the job.
Now we have to deal with drivers that let the damned diad lead them around all day long following the crappy enhanced solution. Instead of having been taught the value of developing area knowledge and the value of servicing commercial before residential deliveries we now have repeated service issues and look like fools. Drivers are forced not to care at all about service because of crappy orion solutions that place businesses on the 8000 shelf.
OH and now we will have dynamic orion because if UPS cannot make us use the orion solution then they will force us to use it.

Would these be the same drivers who mis-deliver daily because they never look at the package address?
Would these be the same drivers who would skip every delivery to drive 25 miles out of town to deliver a mom and pop business who has been out in the sticks since they opened but expect a delivery by 12?
Would these be the same drivers....I think you get the point.
Evolve or go out of business.

iowa boy

Here where I'm at, we are still running version 1.stupid. We all had our original orion rides 3 years ago and nothing has been updated. Hell, we can barely get our C.I.R. names updated every 3 months.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Would these be the same drivers who mis-deliver daily because they never look at the package address?
Would these be the same drivers who would skip every delivery to drive 25 miles out of town to deliver a mom and pop business who has been out in the sticks since they opened but expect a delivery by 12?

Would these be the same drivers....I think you get the point.
Evolve or go out of business.

Does evulotion include stupidity?
Why does Orion want me to save a stop for the afternoon when it is right next to or around the corner from one I deliver in the morning?
Why does Orion have me save a business for afternoon delivery when I do their pickup when they turn their deliveries around for shipment that same day?
Why does Orion have me cross my own trace 70 stops later?

I think you get my point.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Don’t worry ...any cost overruns will just come out of your MIP.....your boss will just make the excuse that you didn’t hit all of your objectives.... no balanced scorecard =less MIP....sorry

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hate to disappoint you but we (the competition) already have a program that’s just as useless as ORION called DRA. It also has our couriers running in circles and backtracking to make deliveries. I have a feeling it’s the same program with a different name. Lol.
Probably the same company designed them both...lol