Is The BC Getting New Members or New Company Trolls ?

Dollar Chasing

Well I came here because the discussion has died on Facebook, (mostly because UPS Rising has been disabling comments on its posts,) and this was a related link. Probably just plenty more people chasing the rabbit down the hole.

Dollar Chasing

I hadn't stopped in for a while after the mobile app stopped working and I was too lazy to log in on the web browser, but the board is completely different now. The jaded, cynical miserable people who used to be in the background have moved to the forefront and the feeling is a lot different.

We used to have a lot of fun goofing off, blowing off steam and making fun of Dave, but most of the posts I'm seeing are people jumping on the newbies and tearing them apart. I see new people presenting reasonable questions in a respectful manner being ridiculed and getting wiseass responses that aren't even a little helpful.

This makes me sad because Cheryl has done a lot to make this a fun place to hang out. I miss what it used to be.

This is true. There’s a lot of Trump blowing (hilarious since he hates unions) and “vote no” spamming on here, along with trolling and “you’re dumb” responses to legit questions.

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
Hi all, joined BC in 3/2013 but never posted anything until now and yes due to this tentatively agreed to contract. :poop:
A lil background: started ups in 95
Started driving in 04
I came on here to read what I otherwise wouldn't see anywhere else.
My hope is that all Teamsters, PT/FT would come together and fight for a decent contract because we all definitely EARN IT day in/day out.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Registrations have actually been fairly static over the last year. Active members have spiked. Some previously registered members have returned. Just throwing that out there... not sure what it means

View attachment 203143
Ohhhhh :censored2: this telematics bull :censored2:!!!!

I need @Gumby to represent me in this thread, I need to file a grievance on this :censored2: ASAP.

This is why you vote NO people, mods like @Indecisi0n are going to ban people without progressive discipline.

Last edited:

Oceanview

Part of my duties as a mod is to find the spy's.
So you’re the reason I couldn’t post that thread about how I admire your strike enthusiasm?!! That would have been a great thread.. smh I’m disappointed.. btw how much longer on this approval to post w.o it being put on hold for someone to okay it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I know there are some good discussions going on about the contract but have noticed some new members try to derail them or start new mindless topics.

anyone else seeing this?
Hmmm... I did not but I did notice that you set up the arguments with the inclusion of only two alternatives.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I hadn't stopped in for a while after the mobile app stopped working and I was too lazy to log in on the web browser, but the board is completely different now. The jaded, cynical miserable people who used to be in the background have moved to the forefront and the feeling is a lot different.

We used to have a lot of fun goofing off, blowing off steam and making fun of Dave, but most of the posts I'm seeing are people jumping on the newbies and tearing them apart. I see new people presenting reasonable questions in a respectful manner being ridiculed and getting wiseass responses that aren't even a little helpful.

This makes me sad because Cheryl has done a lot to make this a fun place to hang out. I miss what it used to be.
I have been saying this for months. It's okay to goof around with new members but some of the old timers just are downright mean to them. I can never understand why these people just want to talk to the same old 10 people all the time.

we need new blood and we should embrace new members instead of scaring them off.

P

pickup

Registrations have actually been fairly static over the last year. Active members have spiked. Some previously registered members have returned. Just throwing that out there... not sure what it means

View attachment 203143

These Russian sleeper agents assigned to rile up the teamster union are waking up.

When I was in high school over three decades ago, I had a Russian exchange student in my school. The only contact we had is when I thanked him for holding a door open for me. Would you believe that I voted for Trump all those years later most likely due to that incidental exchange with a planted Russian spy , planted for the very purpose of getting me to vote for Trump.

So my story just proves that the Russians are very sneaky and think very very long term.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

View attachment 203143
wow! I thought for sure i was seeing some kind of negative trend lately. maybe it's my negative lifetime bias towards UPS management that skewed my outlook.

Poop Head

Judge me.
The jaded, cynical miserable people who used to be in the background have moved to the forefront and the feeling is a lot different.

P*

Indecisi0n

View attachment 203143
I thought we agreed in our weekly meeting that we weren't going to release this to the public? In order for me to do my job effectively I need to know things like this in advance.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Just wondering since the new contract talk started months ago and then a tentative agreement was reached , the brown cafe has been adding a lot new members to join in the discussions.

At first this was good. New blood , new perspectives , new input , etc.

However , also it seems a lot of new members are starting weird threads.I'm suspicious that these new members may be company trolls trying to distract the teamster membership from the real issues of the contract.

I know there are some good discussions going on about the contract but have noticed some new members try to derail them or start new mindless topics.

anyone else seeing this?
Luke 12:15

Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I thought we agreed in our weekly meeting that we weren't going to release this to the public? In order for me to do my job effectively I need to know things like this in advance.
3D36CFFC-E348-4DD6-9492-DF434BF156EB.gif

john chesney

Just wondering since the new contract talk started months ago and then a tentative agreement was reached , the brown cafe has been adding a lot new members to join in the discussions.

At first this was good. New blood , new perspectives , new input , etc.

However , also it seems a lot of new members are starting weird threads.I'm suspicious that these new members may be company trolls trying to distract the teamster membership from the real issues of the contract.

anyone else seeing this?
I usually try to give good advice on any questions before I turn into a total ass. I think your question gets answered you just have to ignore the bs unless you enjoy it like me