Is there any happiness with a job at UPS?

UPSER1987

That may be true We do have Alot of really good drivers in my center.
Give us 8.5 day and will knock it out in 8 or less most days. 9.5 we'll make sure to get the penalty pay. 11 plus and we're working 13
I truly believe the work ethic and attitude of the drivers is indicative of the piss poor management and gross over dispatch
So what you are saying you are just reactive and a victim of your circumstances. Another good argument. Please stop lol.

RangerMan06

You have to look at it from both sides
There has to be some equal compromise in between.

What about all the dead time including the PCM driving back and forth to and from the route plus paid breaks.
Dead time? If we're in the truck and not home we should be getting paid. They could eliminate the pointless PCM by sending everyone a meaningless message. I know nothing of a paid break?? I know they take an hour of my pay away for lunch while I eat a soggy sandwich on a dirt road in a 100 degree truck because we're not allowed to break off more than 2 miles.

Thebrownblob

Can’t waste anymore time on small town dim wits. Have a good day…I got outside interest besides UPS lol.
Obviously not, and when you lose an argument, you run away just like you would if you were working with me and I put you in your place as the part-time supervisor that you are.

Now run along and play a little boy.

Dead time? If we're in the truck and not home we should be getting paid. They could eliminate the pointless PCM by sending everyone a meaningless message. I know nothing of a paid break?? I know they take an hour of my pay away for lunch while I eat a soggy sandwich on a dirt road in a 100 degree truck because we're not allowed to break off more than 2 miles.
Dead time
If you put in all those extra routes the time people are not being productive it's called Dead time.

That's why it is cheaper for them to run less routes.

It's Sunday you are give me a headache I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend because I cannot get through to you

RangerMan06

So what you are saying you are just reactive and a victim of your circumstances. Another good argument. Please stop lol.
Yes if I have the rare opportunity to make it home and have dinner with my family I'll bust my ass. Take that away and I'm going to milk it. I'm sure it's that way with most every driver

Thebrownblob

Dead time
If you put in all those extra routes the time people are not being productive it's called Dead time.

It's Sunday you are give me a headache I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend because I cannot get through to you
It is advantageous to the company to cut routes and cut employees daily. Sadly, most guys will go home if their route is cut.

RangerMan06

Dead time

Bottom line is UPS has the money and the employees to be able to get every driver off the truck in 8 hours and still be very profitable. My argument is they would be even more profitable. Drivers would be more productive, less over time, no penalty pay, and less injuries

They should pay me to do their job for them if I’m using self check.
In their view, they are. By keeping overhead down, they can keep prices down. By you checking out your own :censored2:, you keep more of your money.

We have two union stores in my town, my wife is pissed every time I go to either with her cuz I won't just use the self checkout.

Thebrownblob

Bottom line is UPS has the money and the employees to be able to get every driver off the truck in 8 hours and still be very profitable. My argument is they would be even more profitable
I’m sorry, but you do not understand human nature. A large percentage of the guys you work with will tell you they want off at eight every day and then after a few weeks, they will start grumbling that they’re not making money.

On the other hand, the company would rather cut routes and watch the runner gunners get 14 hours of work done in less than 10 hours and send two other drivers home.

Cowboy Mac

That may be true We do have Alot of really good drivers in my center.
Give us 8.5 day and will knock it out in 8 or less most days. 9.5 we'll make sure to get the penalty pay. 11 plus and we're working 13
I truly believe the work ethic and attitude of the drivers is indicative of the piss poor management and gross over dispatch
I believe that it’s a curved graph when it comes to number of stops vs. paid day. When you have less stops you can work more quickly because you can walk through the car, load is better because the loader could walk through the car.

The more they add on it gets exponentially harder to “meet the numbers”. Even more so when it’s near the end of the week and you’re physically exhausted from staying out late all week.

Thebrownblob

In their view, they are. By keeping overhead down, they can keep prices down. By you checking out your own :censored2:, you keep more of your money.

We have two union stores in my town, my wife is pissed every time I go to either with her cuz I won't just use the self checkout.
Problem is I doubt they pass those savings on very often.

I’m sorry, but you do not understand human nature. A large percentage of the guys you work with will tell you they want off at eight every day and then after a few weeks, they will start grumbling that they’re not making money.

On the other hand, the company would rather cut routes and watch the runner gunners get 14 hours of work done in less than 10 hours and send two other drivers home.
We are our own worst enemies

RangerMan06

If there was no forced overtime you would see nearly every truck in my center parked in 8 hours.