Is there any happiness with a job at UPS?

badpal

It’s never been great afaic…never understood the “good old days”…maybe in the 1930’s??? Been here since the early 90’s and it’s always been about productivity and “bringing it in” type BS. It’s never been good enough, or fast enough….at least in my experience. Have had some decent mgt people, but overall most have just been really crappy people that would never be considered mgt material at other companies.
I been here for about 45 and always get a chuckle when one of the young guys talk about the good ole days.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
You tell me is it right to have a workplace with no clean water to drink no air conditioning and no ice. Where the restrooms look worse than a third world country, no soap and the hand dryers never work. Where you get treated like the problem for pointing out these issues.

Is it the work itself or the working conditions and the way we are treated?
But at least we’re not at Amazon!
I’ll piss on the floor of the bathroom, 🤬 it
🧔‍♂️✊

unloady

Dude, I already told you. I am a Backoffice worker in Operations. I manage not a single person. Why do I care about this company? Because I work for it. Do I just take the paycheck and don't give a :censored2:?
False. I am more than confident that you are a miserable, unhappy, and out of shape part time belt supervisor. Your “skills” as a package handler were mediocre at best, and you failed your 30 day packet as a driver. Since you could not handle being an hourly employee doing real work, you decided to sell your time to the company by providing “service” to the FT preload supervisor and your center manager. In return you received a polo, a shiny new clipboard, and the occasional reach around. The most productive parts of your days revolve around making cups of coffee for the office, attempting to bully union employees, and falsifying time cards. Not to mention your “Backoffice” activities. Keep up the “hard” work champ.

Thebrownblob

I been here for about 45 and always get a chuckle when one of the young guys talk about the good ole days.
45 years? That’s a damn long time, anyway I think by the “good old days” what people are saying is not so corporate. this new corporate environment it’s like being a black hole there’s no life to it. In the old days, we fought hard and played hard, and it seemed both sides actually cared now, not so much just my observations.

anonymous23456

False. I am more than confident that you are a miserable, unhappy, and out of shape part time belt supervisor. Your “skills” as a package handler were mediocre at best, and you failed your 30 day packet as a driver. Since you could not handle being an hourly employee doing real work, you decided to sell your time to the company by providing “service” to the FT preload supervisor and your center manager. In return you received a polo, a shiny new clipboard, and the occasional reach around. The most productive parts of your days revolve around making cups of coffee for the office, attempting to bully union employees, and falsifying time cards. Not to mention your “Backoffice” activities. Keep up the “hard” work champ.
LOL. So that is how it is at a center? OK, let fire all supervisors. Keep only one manager at the center. Fire all package handlers. Have drivers come in at 5 am and load their own packages car. I guess we have to triple up the number of drivers and make it part-time

Thebrownblob

LOL. So that is how it is at a center? OK, let fire all supervisors. Keep only one manager at the center. Fire all package handlers. Have drivers come in at 5 am and load their own packages car. I guess we have to triple up the number of drivers and make it part-time
I would probably still leave the building earlier

anonymous23456

I would probably still leave the building earlier
I like your idea of leaving the building early. Get :censored2: done and go home early before the sun set. The reason that you can't start early because there are too many wankers not doing their frigging job right. There are somethings unavoidable like power outage, belts broke down, scanning machines stopped working, or printers aren't printing labels. If that happens every day, they should fire the manager and all supervisors in that building.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I like your idea of leaving the building early. Get :censored2: done and go home early before the sun set. The reason that you can't start early because there are too many wankers not doing their frigging job right. There are somethings unavoidable like power outage, belts broke down, scanning machines stopped working, or printers aren't printing labels. If that happens every day, they should fire the manager and all supervisors in that building.
Why do you work for fedex