Is there still a need for the union?

Being in the union is kind of like having a lawyer on retainer ! I would rather have it and not need it and to need it and not have it. The working conditions at UPS are certainly not that great . I can only imagine how they would be without it . As for that 20 per hour in some southern states it would probably be less than that .
Probably? How about $15/hr?

TeltBender

I really worry about the younger generation of upsers not understanding the importance. I see it when I go back to my old building I did package when I’m pulling a load, or bringing one in. They’re incapable of seeing the big picture.
The first thing my part time coworkers ask when I mention a potential strike is “will they be paying us extra to come in?”

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Being in the union is kind of like having a lawyer on retainer ! I would rather have it and not need it and to need it and not have it. The working conditions at UPS are certainly not that great . I can only imagine how they would be without it . As for that 20 per hour in some southern states it would probably be less than that .
Let's hope with new leadership our 1200 buys us more than shifty public defenders. This new contract and supplements needs to be clear and precise.

Kingofthenorth

Idk how I feel about them unionizing. If they do cool-whatever. Striving to be a Starbucks worker as a career kind of weird though.
I mean a coffee cost $10 and .01 cents to make. I would rather have the money go to the workers rather than a ceo. It does seem like a job that can be automated in the near future. Unionization is a great excuse for them to automate-something they would of done as soon as possible regardless.

I mean a coffee cost $10 and .01 cents to make. I would rather have the money go to the workers rather than a ceo. It does seem like a job that can be automated in the near future. Unionization is a great excuse for them to automate-something they would of done as soon as possible regardless.
Do you think Starbucks would be this successful if they had just installed coffee machines instead of coffee shops?

Thebrownblob

Who crapped in your Cheerios?
Oh, I know... Your still processing Carole's plan to pull the rug out from under the union.

I'll check back, when you move on from the denial phase.
1677529001733.gif

BrownSnowFlake

I really worry about the younger generation of upsers not understanding the importance. I see it when I go back to my old building I did package when I’m pulling a load, or bringing one in. They’re incapable of seeing the big picture. “PVD’s I love ‘em. Why wouldn’t I love them” you can just read their mind and know what they anre thinking. All they care about is will my day be made easier. PVD’s,22.4s taking a chunk of their day off them.

I always said if I was still in package I would be livid if I had to give work to a PVD. I’d rather work 14 every day at peak then give a PVD one stop. I guarantee you the company loves the younger generation of UPSers. It’s sad that it will never be the same again. The old timers and drivers like myself held the companies feet to the fire and knew what was important.

I know it’s tough finding people to work in todays environment. UPS has definitely lowered their standards across the board. Not talking about PTers. Package and feeders the standards have been lowered. I see it, and it’s not a good thing. I’m very interested to see if we do strike, how many will cross the line. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. People are gonna get their tires slashed and their heads split open. It worries me. We are only strong if we all stand together.
Shut up you old has-been. Nobody asked for your worthless opinion. This is a job for losers that are just smart enough to hold a steering wheel and sling cardboard. I’m embarrassed to work here and my fellow drivers are not my “bros”. They’re subhuman filth I have to tolerate until I retire or get fed up and stop wasting my talent sitting in that truck all day. The union is nothing more than a second layer of management, a bunch of fat ignoramuses telling me how to do my job when they only have 30 days of experience.

But go ahead and try to slash my tires or “split my head”, you arrogant boomer grifter piece of trash. We’ll see what happens next. You need to just die already anyways and stop wasting resources, nobody will miss you when you’re gone.

Thebrownblob

Shut up you old has-been. Nobody asked for your worthless opinion. This is a job for losers that are just smart enough to hold a steering wheel and sling cardboard. I’m embarrassed to work here and my fellow drivers are not my “bros”. They’re subhuman filth I have to tolerate until I retire or get fed up and stop wasting my talent sitting in that truck all day. The union is nothing more than a second layer of management, a bunch of fat ignoramuses telling me how to do my job when they only have 30 days of experience.

But go ahead and try to slash my tires or “split my head”, you arrogant boomer grifter piece of trash. We’ll see what happens next. You need to just die already anyways and stop wasting resources, nobody will miss you when you’re gone.
1677628547116.gif

WTF?